Advice on Settlement Visa on hold for lack of funds.

can anyone help i work uk 6 months live phuket 6 months married 7 years 2 kids uk passports im self employed earn average £24,000 per year ( i make in 6 months) apllied for settlemnt visa in december its on hold because i dont meet the financal requiremants. all payslips bank staements were provided i had £12,000 in the bank.they wrote back asking for tax accounts for 2013 i replied the tax year doesnt end until april so i have not got that only pay and bank statements tax returns were shown for previous years. any ideas on what i might have done wrong any help would be great cheers guys

frippy

Hi I have similar situation .

I am hoping to apply in the next week or so . But I am waiting until I have my tax return and SA302 from this financial year ie ending on the 5th April 2014 . And all my related bank statements , Acounts that must be either audited or acompanied by a charted accountants letter of authentication . All the stuff must relate to the year you are relying on for the meeting the limit/requirement .

Does yours ? if not maybe that's why they have put you on hold ?

From what i understand .any applications that fail on the finances only will be put on hold . and in the event that when a decision on the apeal about the limits set by the government is made . it maybe that they can then change your decision.

ie they scrap the limit and the new stringent rules ( I doubt that myself ,only that the limit may be lowered ). so this may not help . But it does depend on why yours does not meet the requirements . Is it just paper work or is it the actual figures .

Others much more knnowledgable than me will tell you to post the letter from UKBA .and hopefully they will be able to help .

You have my sympathy , Its a nightmare for most people , but i think for the self employed its even worse .

Good luck in getting it sorted .

can anyone help i work uk 6 months live phuket 6 months married 7 years 2 kids uk passports im self employed earn average £24,000 per year ( i make in 6 months) apllied for settlemnt visa in december its on hold because i dont meet the financal requiremants. all payslips bank staements were provided i had £12,000 in the bank.they wrote back asking for tax accounts for 2013 i replied the tax year doesnt end until april so i have not got that only pay and bank statements tax returns were shown for previous years. any ideas on what i might have done wrong any help would be great cheers guys

frippy

do you pay your own national insurance contributions?. I got told I wouldn't get a settlement visa for my wife because my class 2 wasn't up to date, ie I hadn't payed any for ten years.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand