Tempo Corvette 380... I had a lot of fun...

dagling

i started on such a moped as well at age 11.

Mine was Puch Moped! Nice memories same as you:)

Ha ha!!

Believe it or not, the first bike I ever rode was a Puch moped, can't recall the model but it was a lurid orange colour. I must have been about 11 or 12 also!

The pedals had been removed so it had to be bump started by manually disengaging the clutch by prizing some mechanical lever open, jamming a block of aluminium with a cable attached to it in there, getting up to speed then yanking the cable to free the aluminium block and allowing the clutch to engage!

Anyway back on topic.....that Corvette didn't take the styling cues from its Chevrolet namesake did it?...

Edited by Overandout

My first road legal motorbike was a Solex, powered by a small 50cc engine rubbing on the front tyre, used it in Denmark for a couple of years.

A real dead-finger jobby, interesting, the Danish word for moped is "knallert" and they use the same word for prostitute. I often wondered about that connection.

However, I have googled and can't find any evidence of this, perhaps a Dane could put me right?

i started on such a moped as well at age 11.

Mine was Puch Moped! Nice memories same as you:)

Ha ha!!

Believe it or not, the first bike I ever rode was a Puch moped, can't recall the model but it was a lurid orange colour. I must have been about 11 or 12 also!

The pedals had been removed so it had to be bump started by manually disengaging the clutch by prizing some mechanical lever open, jamming a block of aluminium with a cable attached to it in there, getting up to speed then yanking the cable to free the aluminium block and allowing the clutch to engage!

Anyway back on topic.....that Corvette didn't take the styling cues from its Chevrolet namesake did it?...

haha. perfect. i knew i was ñot alone:)

mine was newer than yours and it was two speed auto if i dont remember wrong. you start it either by pushing it or turning the pedals. easiest was starting down the slope!

what a blast and freedom was that Puch Moped after a bicycle! oh sweet memories!

Edited by ll2