Is there an overall improvement in Internet Connection Speed in CM ?

jonwilly

I just spent a month down south and on returning find my internet connection is vastly improved.

I live on Suthep Rd next to Uni back gate and my connection is now near perfect.

Down in Prachuap Khiri Khan I found the connection was Ok up to 07.00 the poor to bad for rest of day.

Returning I stopped overnight in Nakhorn Sawan, at Bonito hotel and experienced the best connection I have ever had.

Then on return I find my home connection is all but perfect.

john

I've been pleasantly surprised with 3bb. and will likely cancel WeanTV as a result, streaming Bloomberg instead of watching Fox. I already know Obama is the biggest liar since Castro; don't needed to be reminded of it 10 times per day.

• Like 1

I am using TOT, out Mae Onn way some 30 kliks from airport. Paying for 10 kbs and get average of 8 on my standard TOT wifi router. Not too bad, considering. Sometimes inexplicably slows in the evening; have checked for piggybackers/ drivebys but nothing so must be TOT restricting bandwidth. Have to reboot router every cupla days to maintain speed. Will be switching to 3BB optical as soon as they get around to expanding out here.

• Like 1

I am with 3bb. I have noticed a drop in service over the last 3 weeks and disconnections .

Was forced to use the free 3BBB here for a week some times good some times bring a lunch.

Got my true back and every thing A OK for now.

Currently 18.66Mbps down 1.66Mbps up.

Not bad considering the stated offering is 15Mbps down and 1.2 Mbps up.

I'm on 3BB, paying for 10Mbs (~965 baht per month.) Just got back from five weeks away, and the past 10 days have mostly been terrible, but this morning (after that nice cleansing rain?) the net is back to its healthy state for the moment. Using wifi (as opposed to jacked straight into the modem with a cable) I'm getting close to 5Mbps for download from a server in the USA. Not holding my breath, it will likely sag again with greater online traffic.

3bb with their 650 thb wi-fi router...server in Thailand: 11.919 down .628 up....that's the 633 per month, 12 month contract, free install, pay 6 months up front plus router. They programmed the router at their office for me, since I don't use Winshite or have a dvd player.

Don't know if I could have found one for less than that anyhoo. Paid a gal (OMG!) 20 THB to make me a 10 inch phone connector that connects router to wall jack. Also, 3bb installed router on the wall, and that is a nice space saver for us studio dwellers.

My connection has been consistently stable though and that's all I ask for.

Same here. 3BB 13Mbps package for 3+ years at two different houses and nearly consistently works at advertised speeds. Rare times it slows down but always turns out a router reset or WiFi reset on my PC brings it back.

I use 3 BB and pay B12,875/year in advance. My land line comes from TOT.

I have no idea what my connection speed is or should be.

I just work on its working well or not. If not then I call 3 BB on 1530 and a polite call has always produced the correct result.

Now my connection is at it's best ever for no obvious reason.

Turning off all power, Reset, is the first action I carry out if my connection slows and often it works.

I know that down in Pratchuap C.A.T. was installing Fiber Optic to the hotel I was staying in, I went past there team each day for about 10 days.

I did wonder if there had been some action that had improved my service in CM.

john

I have had 6 MB connection for over 2 years and did not know exactly what this meant until I tried to watch my grandsons gymnastics live stream. i have now upgraded to 13 MB and so far so great. There is even bigger capacity available at TOT and where I live a very big promotion. i got the 13 MB at no extra charge.

Pay for 6MB, get 7MB download from BKK, with 3BB on a copper line, currently streaming HD from a Bangkok server. IPTV never fails and 3BB have a good (for Thai speakers) basic package included.

No change, excellent as ever.