90 day sign in problem

Did my one year extension of stay for my retirement visa in Bangkok on January 7th. Today I went to do my 90 day sign in but I did not have the normal sheet that they give you at the end of signing in for 90 days that reflects your next sign in date. They never gave me when I did my year extension. Lady said I have to have this sheet or pay 2,000 baht. But I never got a sheet but maybe I screwed up. Before in Pattaya I remember them giving me a sheet when I did my yearly extension. This was my first time doing year extension in bkk. In addition to handing in all the paperwork for my year extension am I to also do a 90 day check in ? It sounds like a redundant exercise but maybe this is the case. I tried to explain to the officer but she would not have any of it and just said 2,000 baht. I walked out as I needed time to think about what to do. This was at the temporary Big C location in Bkk.

Any ideas ? Did I screw up ?

rather than try to argue or point out the truth I would be going to another office, preferably a main one or better yet the one where you got your extension as they are the ones that screwed up by not giving it to you.

rather than try to argue or point out the truth I would be going to another office, preferably a main one or better yet the one where you got your extension as they are the ones that screwed up by not giving it to you.

That office is closed due to protests. There is however another temporary office at Major Hollywood.

They could also be correct what they say but it just seems silly to me to do a year extension and also have to do a 90 day to show your current address. I give all that information and more on the year visa. And if i remember correctly Pattaya does it automatically when doing the extension. Maybe I screwed up....

That office is closed due to protests. There is however another temporary office at Major Hollywood.

They could also be correct what they say but it just seems silly to me to do a year extension and also have to do a 90 day to show your current address. I give all that information and more on the year visa. And if i remember correctly Pattaya does it automatically when doing the extension. Maybe I screwed up....

even if you lost something ,a 2k fine is overkill

ive lost a few departure cards over the years and you go to another counter and make a new one .......for FREE

ive lost a few departure cards over the years and you go to another counter and make a new one .......for FREE

The 2000B fine is for failing to do a 90 day report, not for losing the form. The standard fine for not reporting your address after spending 90 consecutive days in Thailand is 2000B.

If you can't remember when you made your last 90 day report, and have lost the form, it is likely that you have missed the necessary date. You count from the date you made your last report, or the date you entered Thailand last. There is no reason that the date that you made your retirement extension application counts as day 1 of a 90 day stay, unless they specifically informed you that they were counting it as day 1.

The 2000B fine is for failing to do a 90 day report, not for losing the form. The standard fine for not reporting your address after spending 90 consecutive days in Thailand is 2000B.

If you can't remember when you made your last 90 day report, and have lost the form, it is likely that you have missed the necessary date. You count from the date you made your last report, or the date you entered Thailand last. There is no reason that the date that you made your retirement extension application counts as day 1 of a 90 day stay, unless they specifically informed you that they were counting it as day 1.

partington is correct so if you did not do your 90 day report when you re-newed your retirement extension

then your last 90 day report will have been sometime before that but you should have your record of that report

with the next due date in your passport which I suspect you have either lost or mistakenly thrown away????

either way you are overdue and therefore subject to the fine. But if you have been out of the country sometime

before your last retirement renewal then your 90 day would have been due 90 days from the day you entered so

again you have unfortunately missed the due date for your 90 day report.

As has been said, extending and 90 day reporting are separate processes and need to be done separately in BKK. (Only the first extension of stay counts as a 90 day report).

Sounds to me you didn't do the report and a fine is due. They can check in their database if a report was filled, but as said it looks to me you forgot to make your report and need to pay the fine. It is a separate process and done separately, especially in BKK.

"There is no reason that the date that you made your retirement extension application counts as day 1 of a 90 day stay, unless they specifically informed you that they were counting it as day 1."

​From the sound of it, he did the extension only and didn't do the 90 day report. Quite often the two do not coincide so, unless they do coincide or the office is quite accommodating, you would not do both at the same time. Anyway, the 90 day report requires a separate form to be submitted at a different desk (at least in Pattaya).

So it doesn't sound as though he lost the form or that Immigrations failed to do the needful, but that the O/P only applied for the extension. Quite likely the error was his and the Baht 2000 was for failing to report.

It wasn't a departure card that was missing. Apparently he failed to make a 90 day report. If you simply lose the last 90 day report form (hard to do if it's stapled in your passport) there would still be a record of the report being made.

"If you simply lose the last 90 day report form (hard to do if it's stapled in your passport) there would still be a record of the report being made."

Yes, and no. It depends on the office and on the specific officer. I did my 90 day report this week at Jomtien. I had thought that the receipt from last time was transferred to my new passport when I had the stamps transferred two months ago. It wasn't there and I had to dash back home and tear it out of my old passport. The officer made it quite clear that otherwise I would have been fined 2,000 baht for failure to prove my previous report. Note how I said that: it is up to you to provide the proof.

Other offices keep online records, to which some officers have access. There may be improvements coming nationwide but that's the state of things today.

Edited by mahjongguy

As has been said many times - only the first extension of stay counts as a 90 day report and this poster seems to have been on extensions previously so would need to file a new TM.47 every 90 days regardless of making any new extensions of stay. So if report is late there is a 2,000 baht fine due. Only if the officer specifically tells you an extension is being recorded as a report can you consider it one. Normally only the first such extension is thus recorded.

my last extension dec.was due almost the same time as my 90day report,so I informed the officer who told me she would do both as the 90day reports are done by different officers.if I hadn't told her it would not have been done.this was at korat which has a separate room for the 90day reports.

Extension jan 07, plus 90 days is sunday 06 april, don't see why immigration officer makes problem.

Just fill in the form and submit isn't?

You are just adding to the confusion by ignoring what nearly every poster has said here. Try to at least read what you are contributing to!

The extension date has NOTHING to do with the 90-day report date.

The day you make your extension application IS NOT the first day of a 90-day period, and therefore counting 90 days from the day you made your retirement extension application is pointless, because this is UNCONNECTED with the 90 day period between 90-day address reports!

• Like 2

My second extension is coming up so this post caught my interest. I went in on the first of this month to do my 3rd 90 day report as that was the exact day to report. I got my next reporting day Jun 7, more than 90 days, which is the day my extension ends. So when do I go in to get a new extension? And then I still do a 90 day report on Jun 7? I too would have made this mistake of thinking filing for a new extension before the last 90 day report would cancel out the need.

You can do your extension up to 30 days early. Your immigration office might also do your 90 report early. It can vary from office to office how they do it. Some will have you do one when you do the extension,

My second extension is coming up so this post caught my interest. I went in on the first of this month to do my 3rd 90 day report as that was the exact day to report. I got my next reporting day Jun 7, more than 90 days, which is the day my extension ends. So when do I go in to get a new extension? And then I still do a 90 day report on Jun 7? I too would have made this mistake of thinking filing for a new extension before the last 90 day report would cancel out the need.

If you did your 90 day report on 1 April and your next report is due on 7 June, the day your extension ends, it is actually less than 90 days. They made your next report due on the same day that your extension ends so that you can do both at the same time. i use Nakhon Sawan immigration and that is what they do. They alwys make the last 90 day report date the same as the renewal date no matter if it's only 63 days. When I go in for my extension it is also the day that the 90 day report is due and they do both at the same time. It's a small office and same person does everything. Makes sense! This year, new 1 year extension, 90 day report, and residence certificate for driver's license all on the same day with the same officer!

Extension jan 07, plus 90 days is sunday 06 april, don't see why immigration officer makes problem.

Just fill in the form and submit isn't?

You are just adding to the confusion by ignoring what nearly every poster has said here. Try to at least read what you are contributing to!

The extension date has NOTHING to do with the 90-day report date.

The day you make your extension application IS NOT the first day of a 90-day period, and therefore counting 90 days from the day you made your retirement extension application is pointless, because this is UNCONNECTED with the 90 day period between 90-day address reports!

Well that is not so for me then (Udon Thani immigration)

Extension expires 17 Jan each year, renewed 18 dec 2013, got 90 days reminder attached to report by 17 march, reported 14 march, next reporting date is 11 Jun.

But yes you are right and I am wrong. Don't lose the small printed paper in your passport tongue.png