FIFA World Cup 2014, bars in BKK showing matches.

tribalfusion001

I think the question should be, which supplier will show it. Right now it's a legal case and it's not guaranteed to be shown in Thailand.

On a side issue, I saw here on TV the latest channel line up from True, apart from them losing the EPL I cannot see why they get such bad PR. Today I watched the Bradley fight, no one else seemed to be showing it. I watch a host of other sports and decent channels on True. Of course they are a business, and what they offer should be accepted and paid for, not bitched about. So all this Truevisions knocking seems to be getting quieter, and dare I say it cancelled punters going back to reconnect with tails between their legs.

RS International Broadcasting and Sport Management Co Ltd owns the local rights. Not sure how they plan to distribute content? One press release said 22 (of the 64 matches) will be shown on free TV (Ch. 7?), including the semi-finals, and finals; not sure which other matches might be included in these 22? For all matches you might need a new RS STB? Streaming options, via the internet, may be limited to re-streamers.

The NBTC lost their case, in the Central Administrative Court, which would have required distribution on free OTA channels here, but they are appealing to the Supreme Administrative Court. Hopefully things will be sorted out on/before 12 June.

http://rs.listedcompany.com/news.html/id/399481/group/newsroom_press

Apr 01, 2014
The Central Administrative Court ruled on March 31, 2014 at 2pm to revoke the Office of The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission’s (NBTC) announcement regarding the criteria of the 'must have' rule on sports events, section 3 number 7 concerning the FIFA World Cup Final. The reason was that the rule was unfair to the licensed person whose authorization predates the announcement of the rule, and the rule is only effective from the date of the announcement onward. RS International Broadcasting and Sport Management, a company under RS, the licensee of the live broadcast of World Cup soccer matches, or the complainant in this case, would be disadvantaged if the rule was enforced in this event.
Surachai Chetchotisak, CEO of RS PLC said that the verdict is a good sign for RS as the company’s management direction will remain unchanged for the broadcast of FIFA World Cup 2014. He insists that the company has the audience’s best interest at heart and operates its business based on ethics, morality and righteousness. The company tries to offer the best returns to its shareholders, and has been doing so for the past three decades.
Now, the company will continue with its business plan, which is to broadcast 22 matches on free TV channels namely Channel 7 and Channel 8. RS is confident that the Thai fans will enjoy watching these exciting matches of the world-class tournament which takes place only once every four years. The opening and closing ceremonies, the semi-finals and the final match will be aired live for everyone in the country to watch.
Meanwhile, RS is offering another option for soccer fans who want to watch all 64 matches as well as reruns, special programs, and exclusive highlights from FIFA available only on World Cup Channel, accessible through World Cup set-top box. The satellite signal box is compatible with every satellite dish and is available nationwide through 7-Eleven and satellite shops at only 1,590 baht each. The company is certain that its distribution method reaches every area of the country and allows its target group to easily access the content.
Edited by lomatopo

• 1 month later...

I've been in The Clubhouse quite a few times since arriving in BKK on 10th May, they are showing the champions league final on Saturday, although that now could be not happening with the martial law, I'll pop in there later on and have a word with the manager Ian.

Yeah, if the curfew is still ongoing I'd imagine it would be. They've said it's "until further notice" so who knows how long it will last... last time it was a week or so if I remember correctly...

• 3 weeks later...

I think the question should be, which supplier will show it. Right now it's a legal case and it's not guaranteed to be shown in Thailand.

On a side issue, I saw here on TV the latest channel line up from True, apart from them losing the EPL I cannot see why they get such bad PR. Today I watched the Bradley fight, no one else seemed to be showing it. I watch a host of other sports and decent channels on True. Of course they are a business, and what they offer should be accepted and paid for, not bitched about. So all this Truevisions knocking seems to be getting quieter, and dare I say it cancelled punters going back to reconnect with tails between their legs.

For who shows what:

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/watch-world-cup-thailand/

Does anyone have any updates on this beyond Khoa San, Cowboy or Queens Park, have any of the more general sports bars extended hours now the curfew has gone?

For the 2 am and 5 am games in particular.

Thanks

Pickled Liver on Soi 7/1 shows all games.

The Pickled Liver

Sukhumvit soi 7/1
Bangkok, Bangkok 10110
Thailand

Also the eight plus pub on Sukhumvit 8 first sub soi on the right stays open and shows the games.

• Like 1