Page scrolling

Langsuan Man

What causes certain pages here at TV to extend past the normal size which requires you to scroll right and left to read the thread ?

I know that sometimes when a member posts a large picture that will cause the margins to change. I also have heard member say that they have an add on that prevents this from happening but I don't want to have to start playing with Fire Fox just to view a few misaligned pages

This thread is an example of what I am talking about

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/715867-hefty-withdrawal-fee-from-local-atms-not-the-150-baht-variety/

I've noticed such posts numerous times over the years...I just assume it's some hidden control/formatting character in one of the posts that confuses the ThaiVisa Post Viewer/Editor. Sometimes all the posts in a thread start out in normal size, and then someone adds a post which causes all the posts in the thread to get wider...a person must then scroll left-right to read the post. I have no doubt I have inadvertently caused such problems with some of my posts over the years. Yea, I'm guessing but my guess is it some hidden control/formatting character in one post most like occurring when someone cuts and pastes in something...or fat fingers while typing that enters a hidden control/formatting character. That's my guess.

• 1 month later...

In the sample link in the OP post #20 was in non-standard font and appears to have been copy and pasted leaving autowrap not working. I just edited that post to standard font and it is fine now.