11 Dead And 40 Injured....!

thaigerd

I hope it's ok when I post this sad story here:

Our News is Always New LATEST NEWS

Tuesday 6th June 2006

11 Dead and over 40 injured as coach carrying Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital employees overturns in Nakhon Rachasima Province.

On Tuesday afternoon we made our way to the Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital in North Pattaya and arrived at the reception of the Accident and Emergency Department to find concerned members of staff, some were in contact with their colleagues and many had tears in their eyes as information came from Nakhon Rachasima Province in the North-East of Thailand concerning a coach full of hospital employees which had been involved in a horrific crash.

We contacted our colleagues in this North-Eastern Province who sent us these pictures from the crash scene. The accident occurred at 12.30pm on Tuesday according to Police Major Hareepong from Moosee Police Station in Nakhon Rachasima. The coach was on its way back from a seminar at the Greenaree Resort and according to accounts from survivors of the crash; the driver appeared to be unfamiliar with the roads in the area. Because of this, the coach lost control at a sharp bend in this mountain area and fell off the edge. After a 100 meter drop, the coach came to rest on its side after rolling a number of times.

At the time of producing this report, 11 people had lost their lives and around 40 people had been injured. This figure is expected to change in the next 24 hours as continuing information filters down to Pattaya. We have the names of 5 of the dead people, all employees of the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. Khun Kanoongnit was the Deputy Director of Surgery, Khun Ganokwan, Director of the Business Development Unit, Khun Pirannee, Khun Chaweewan and Khun Sa-angsee.

That’s all the information we have for now, we will bring you further updates on this story should we receive them.

18 killed, six injured in road accident

Published on Jun 5, 2006

Phetchaburi - Eighteen workers were killed and six others injured when their bus was hit by a speeding 18-wheel truck, police said.

The accident happened at 5:50 pm at a u-turn in Phetchaburi's Muang district.

Pol Lt Col Wasapol Ruangjoi of Muang district police station said 18 workers of the CP company died at the scene and six others were severely injured.

Wasapol said the bus was hit in the middle by the truck.

The truck driver, Suwat Promlerk, 25, said the bus overtook his truck on the left lane and suddenly changed lane to the right to make a u-turn.

Suwat said his truck was speeding and he could not stop it in time so it hit the bus in the middle of the right side.

The Nation

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/search/pag...=35&id=30005774

Don't you hate it when you vehicle is speeding and just won't listen?

And the bus driver just couldn't drive to the u-turn patiently , he HAD TO undertake and cut off :o

They really have to start doing something about these road viruses endangering their own passengers and all other vehicles around them.

Condlences to all!

It just never fails to amaze me, I'm past being shocked over anything these days but the stupidity factor in this country is just so!

Fill in the blank for your selves

Condlences to all!

It just never fails to amaze me, I'm past being shocked over anything these days but the stupidity factor in this country is just so!

Perfectly agree with you MP5, "the stupidity factor in this country is just so"...unlimited.

RIP for the ones who died and deep condolences for their families, a very tragic moment indeed. :o

Edited by Jai Dee

Condlences to all!

Perfectly agree with you MP5, "the stupidity factor in this country is just so"...unlimited.

RIP for the ones who died and deep condolences for their families, a very tragic moment indeed. :D

I'm in shock.

I was at the BP yesterday at around 2 p.m. and as I walked in through the casualty entrance, I saw a load of workers, nurses , doctors etc. all milling around the entrance, looking very anxious and disturbed. I thought they must be waiting for victims of some major accident to arrive. Little did I realise that the victims they were concerned about were from their own staff.

These kind of accidents just keep on happening. I know they also happen elsewhere in the world, but in Thailand the occur with unerring, deadly frequency.

Anyone who says that Thai drivers aren't any worse than drivers in the West needs their head examined. Many of these drivers are nothing less than criminals.

For God' sake someone , somewhere do something about it! :o

MY deepest sympathies to all the victim's families.

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

After a drop of 100m, it is a miracle that anyone survived.

Sincere condolences to the bereaved. :D

Indeed another seemingly pointless tragedy. :D

Though I too, wonder how anyone could survive such a fall. :o

RIP.

My condolences to those families who have lost loved ones in this tragic and dreadful accident. My wife and I have lost a friend - a friend who helped my wife through an anxious time three years ago. The staff of the Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital, medical staff, administrative and ancillary staff have such a strong camaraderie and I can feel their loss.

Nid...may you rest in peace; the world has lost one of its gems.