Going Green?

ATF

Obviously not my cup of tea. Nothing like the roar of a V-Twin to get the juices flowing. However an electric car or M/C will be much faster because there are no gears. Current is increased or decreased as required. As batteries get smaller and lighter they will be a viable alternative, but a demon without a roar?

From the website ...

The Lightning Electric SuperBike has a usable freeway speed range of over 100 miles and a combined city and highway EPA range of over 150 miles and a top speed potential of over 218 mph.

The Lightning Electric SuperBike has a usable freeway speed range of over 100 miles and a combined city and highway EPA range of over 150 miles

So completely useless for a weekend ride with one's mates?

Want to go green buy a Kawasakicoffee1.gif

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 2

^^^ So only good as a city commuter. You can't pull up to a "charge station", have a quick re-charge and be on your way 5 min later so no good for any sort of travel.

The Zero and the Lightning both have a usable range of about 100 miles that's 160 km which is about a tank of gas on a gas bike. Only one hour to recharge. I would expect you can have lunch and plug it in to a normal socket.

from their site
The Zero has a range of about 105 miles or 131 if you carry 20 Kgs worth or "powertank" or extra batteries. Charging time is 8 hours for 105 miles or 10 hours for 131 miles. To get the charge time down to 4 or 5 hours repectively you will need to carry a quick charge unit in one of the optional panniers.

As there are currently no CHAdeMO charger stations in Thailand 1.5hrs is a dream!

So what Shurup says:

^^^ So only good as a city commuter. You can't pull up to a "charge station", have a quick re-charge and be on your way 5 min later so no good for any sort of travel.

Maybe OK as a BKK/Phuket/Pattaya runabout. Seat hight is quite high at 807mm so in BKK one would need to be tall for all the traffic lights.facepalm.gif

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

^^^ What about the sideboxes?

If I go on a few days long ride, I'd want to take some change clothes with me and some other junk including some emergency repair tools... Wouldn't want to carry all that in a backpack.