An easy Q... hopefully

I want to change from 30 day visa exempt stamp (USA citizen) to non-imm O for the purpose of retirement. According to my exhaustive research over the last two weeks, I need:

1. copy of passport picture page and all relevant pages -> easy, I have a new PP and only 4 pages used

2. copy of TM.6 card

3. original embassy income letter notarized

4. application for visa TM. 87

5. application for CHANGE of visa TM.86

6. two 4 x 6 cm pics

6. at least 21 days left on my stamp

7. 4000 baht

Am I close?

Oh when I fill out the forns, what do I put for Immigration Bureau? Major Hollywood?

Thanks to all and esp. ubonjoe

~

Edited by 'nuff said

You apply for a conversion to a non-immigrant visa and for that you apply with form tm87 since you do not have a visa. You do not use form tm86, which you would if you had a tourist visa and want to convert to a non-immigrant visa.

Cost for conversion is 2,000 baht and they will give you 90 days. After 60 days you can go back and they will give a 1 year extension for 1,900 baht.

For immigration office simply fill in "Bangkok".

SO........

1. copy of passport picture page and all relevant pages -> easy, I have a new PP and only 4 pages used

2. copy of TM.6 card

3. original embassy foreign income letter notarized

4. application for visa TM. 87

5. ONE 4 x 6 cm pic

6. at least 21 days left on my stamp

7. 2000 baht

Can I get an AMEN? smile.png

~

You will need 15 days remaining on your entry to do it. I have heard of some offices doing them with only 10 days.

You will do an income affidavit at the embassy, Appointments are mandatory. Info here: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service.html

It can be done in Phuket with only two days remaining on the entry. As for the TM6 card only one side with the bar code or id number needs to be copied but sometimes the entry stamp is on the reverse side and that then needs to be copied.