Moving to Chiang Mai

eric eiser

Hi,

I will be relocating to Chiang Mai sometime this summer after my Brooklyn condo sells.

I'll apply for a tourist visa in NYC at the Thai consulate. 60 days plus I'm told a 30 day renewal.

In that time I'll apply for a retirement visa since I meet all the financial qualifications.

What I'm looking for is a comprehensive list of all the documentation I should bring with

me for my Retirement application. I would be grateful for any help.

Thank you all.

e2x10

Why not apply for your retirement visa in America? It would be a lot easier and only takes a week once you have gathered all the required documents. Here is a link to the information and documents you need to apply: http://www.thaiembdc.us/dcdp/Non_Immigrant_Long_Stay

You will find the links to all the forms you need on that page as well. I did mine from the states, once I gathered the documents, put in a cashiers check and filled out the forms I followed the instructions and sent it all in with my passport to the Royal Thai Embassy in D.C.. My passport was returned to me within a week with my new visa in it. Good luck on your new adventure.

• Like 1

You can apply for a 3 month Thai non o immigrant visa based on retirement at a Thai embassy in the United States and then once in Chiang Mai, on any weekday within 4 weeks prior to the date of expiry of your 3 month visa, you can then extend it for 1 year at the Chiang Mai Immigration department.

But please don`t choose a date near to my visa extension date, as the queues are bad enough all ready.

My first visit to Thailand was just the regular 30 day I obtained upon landing here.

The second time I came over here I had gone in To the conciliate and gotten three 60 day entries in three days.

When I finally moved here I just went into the Thai conciliate in Vancouver BC and had mine in 3 days.

Eric, welcome to Thai Visa. You may wish to drop in on the Visa forum -- at the top of the list of forums and read the threads about retirement visa requirements. The list of required documents is pinned in that forum. If you still have questions, that forum would be the best place to post, rather than the Chiang Mai forum. The REAL visa experts hang out in that forum, not here. The advice you've been given so far is good, but not specific enough. You'll get the exact details on the visa forum.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/

Then you can come back here to learn about the best places to live and who makes the best burgers in Chiang Mai -- you know the really important stuff!

• Like 1

Apply for a 1 year retirement visa in the USA... It's a pain... (Weird medical certificate and getting a letter from the local police)... But the visa is good for a two year stay.... 1 year vilidity plus 1 year stay...