30 years on, KFC Thailand going strong

webfact

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd call it fried chicken. It's one of the most popular prepared foods in the world.

Not sure what "dough" people are talking about. the KFC here doesn't have biscuits.

it aint chicken, its dried bread crumbs, seasoning, old useless pieces of filler and oil

It sounds like you've never actually been there, and therefore don't know what we're all talking about.

What about the bones? And all that white fleshy material between the skin and the bones?

go ahead and eat it,

there is zero nutrition gained,

Reminded me of an older Thai KFC story:

Employees of the KFC fast-food restaurants filed a compliant with the Labour Relations Committee yesterday about alleged unfair employment practices and job termination, revealing that they were given instant noodles and leftovers to eat while the firm earned Bt6 billion a year.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/05/10/national/Complaints-over-KFCs-unfair-practices-30154972.html

KFC is not real food.

Neither is McDonalds

a quick check of a dog food ingredients on actual dog food bags, will reveal the contents of Mcd hamburgers

really, there is more information on a dog food bag, than there is in fast food.

Re" toxic chemicals

I solely shopped organic in Thailand, and paid nearly the same for produce, but more for NY meats.

it was money well spent

I do believe most posters realize that massive amounts of fast foods are not beneficial to our bodies.

Your extremely strong comments against KFC/McDonalds etc are way over the top, although you have a valid point. You must be an extremely fussy eater, and adhere to the nutrition book.

On the other hand you may be a big beer /alcohol drinker, have a sweet tooth, drink sweetened soft drinks, check kitchens when eating out, do you always wash fresh veg with bottled water.

In Thailand it is extremely difficult to know what all foods contain. I try to stick to basics and eat at home in general, but do not mind a KFC chicken steak burger at times.

Like most junk foods it is the exercise you do to burn off much of the fat and toxins-and drink good bottled/boiled/filtered water.

McDonald's has the become the image of US fast food chains, but I've seen KFC in places where there were no McD's. My guess is McD's needs higher volume. I've been in sh_thole towns in Indonesia that had KFC. I only eat their chicken once or twice a year, but if I'm near one I may stop in for a soft ice cream. Probably the worst KFC I've seen is in Ambon, a place where the electricity goes out regularly. Bought a cone and the ice cream wasn't cold enough to hold form.

Taco Bell in the developing world? Ground meat of ambiguous origin? And of course there's the question of how well the lettuce was washed.

Only for the insanely brave.

Reminded me of an older Thai KFC story:

Employees of the KFC fast-food restaurants filed a compliant with the Labour Relations Committee yesterday about alleged unfair employment practices and job termination, revealing that they were given instant noodles and leftovers to eat while the firm earned Bt6 billion a year.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/05/10/national/Complaints-over-KFCs-unfair-practices-30154972.html

i know most of the KFC's in the USA are franchisee owned so each store could have their own rules but when i was in high school I had a girl friend that worked at KFC and she got to take the left over chicken home after closing each night. One of the perks of working the night shift.

I also had a friend that was a manager of Arby's and they had to throw away any sandwich that sat in the warmer for too long. the employees were not allowed to eat them. the employees got discounts on food instead of free food.

There is a lot of food waste in the USA that could go to feed the homeless. Here in thailand it seems they would rather make the customers wait instead of making extra food that could potentially end up thrown or given away after sitting too long.

KFC in Thailand is by far the worst I have had anywhere. Just rubbish, barely fit to be consumed. It's better to spend a little extra and go somewhere like Santa Fe etc...

Really?!

Is it really worth spending all that money on the air ticket?

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

• Like 1

I love KFC in Thailand, have it at least once a week.

Couldn't stand it in the USA or UK, too slimy.

Have never eaten KFC in my entire life.

Who the heck would put that junk in their body bah.gif

Me, I love it.

(6ft tall and 74Kg, exercise is the key)

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

I love KFC in Thailand, have it at least once a week.

Couldn't stand it in the USA or UK, too slimy.

Have never eaten KFC in my entire life.

Who the heck would put that junk in their body bah.gif

Me, I love it.

(6ft tall and 74Kg, exercise is the key)

exercise to work off fast food?

exercise the key to ward off artherosclerosis?

seems like double effort for zero gain, and the body, heart and arteries are the loser.

lets not bother with fat around the kidneys and belly, anyone who eats at KFC is clearly not concerned about their health

wouldnt it be better to eat real food, and exercise to build strength and endurance, rather than try to fight off invading calories and negative effetcs on your arteries?

Edited by Scarpolo

Just looking at this quicklyhttp://www.kfc.com/ and i could be wrong as i said it was only a quick look but from what i can c they call them selves Kentucky fried chicken, and some of the names for their products they use are labeled chicken but more times than not they dont actually call/ describe the product as chicken.

Edited by rijit

The KFC bashing by what appear to be Americans on this forum make me laugh. Having spent a great deal of time there, the whole Country is one big junk food outlet. What is healthy about a Philly steak sandwich or an enormous fried breakfast with French toast smothered in fake maple syrup.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The KFC bashing by what appear to be Americans on this forum make me laugh. Having spent a great deal of time there, the whole Country is one big junk food outlet. What is healthy about a Philly steak sandwich or an enormous fried breakfast with French toast smothered in fake maple syrup.

and if the french toast had real maple syrup?

and if the french toast had real maple syrup?

Ditto for real maple syrup and those chain restaurants where the only cooking appliance they have is a deep fryer and a grille plate.

McDonald's has the become the image of US fast food chains, but I've seen KFC in places where there were no McD's. My guess is McD's needs higher volume. I've been in sh_thole towns in Indonesia that had KFC. I only eat their chicken once or twice a year, but if I'm near one I may stop in for a soft ice cream. Probably the worst KFC I've seen is in Ambon, a place where the electricity goes out regularly. Bought a cone and the ice cream wasn't cold enough to hold form.

Taco Bell in the developing world? Ground meat of ambiguous origin? And of course there's the question of how well the lettuce was washed.

Mystery meat is pretty much the same anywhere. TacoBell in Thailand as a franchise should have some safeguards. As for the lettuce, just remember where it increasingly is coming from in the US--Mexico! And more important than washing it is where it is grown. A few years ago a massive food poisoning epidemic (e coli???) was traced back to Mexican lettuce fields, where dried human fecal matter from adjoining fields had drifted on to the lettuce crop. It didn't even matter if the lettuce field per se was US certified--the fields around it were causing the outbreak. Globalization, ain't it great.

Mystery meat is pretty much the same anywhere. TacoBell in Thailand as a franchise should have some safeguards. As for the lettuce, just remember where it increasingly is coming from in the US--Mexico! And more important than washing it is where it is grown. A few years ago a massive food poisoning epidemic (e coli???) was traced back to Mexican lettuce fields, where dried human fecal matter from adjoining fields had drifted on to the lettuce crop. It didn't even matter if the lettuce field per se was US certified--the fields around it were causing the outbreak. Globalization, ain't it great.

why would an educated person eat lettuce in thauland that comes from mexico?

why is frnech toast made at home with real maple syrup a problem?

eating any of these meals out, is a mistake unless it is a top shelf buffet.

Just looking at this quicklyhttp://www.kfc.com/ and i could be wrong as i said it was only a quick look but from what i can c they call them selves Kentucky fried chicken, and some of the names for their products they use are labeled chicken but more times than not they dont actually call/ describe the product as chicken.

And the significance of this is what, exactly? I notice your post seems to be leading to a conclusion, but you didn't actually provide one.

Cant believe there is anyone actually sticking up for kfc absolutely un frigging believable.

Not sticking up for KFC as much as we're shooting down the ignorant BS from people claiming that it's not really chicken, or whatever delusional ideas are being espoused. In short, just because the subject may be less than healthy when eaten in excessive amount does not give people the right to lie without being called on it.

• Like 1

Cant believe there is anyone actually sticking up for kfc absolutely un frigging believable.

Not sticking up for KFC as much as we're shooting down the ignorant BS from people claiming that it's not really chicken, or whatever delusional ideas are being espoused. In short, just because the subject may be less than healthy when eaten in excessive amount does not give people the right to lie without being called on it.

have a look at what your chicken nuggets are made from

30 years ? that can explain why so many locals are getting fat ... thanks to the American junk food , when you see how fat they are in the US ... you would understand the danger of junk food.

That is stupid. Thais had fried chicken long before KFC got here. rolleyes.gif