English Language Thai Newspapers

Momenthai

In today's Bkk Post the front page headlines are a story about a Cabinet Secretary quiting, some monks blessing the king and a few other minor stories.

If you open the main news section on page 5 there is a 40 word article in the 'in brief' section telling us that 7 doctors and nurses were killed and 40 injured when their bus fell into a ravine in Kao Yai!!! How on earth does that not make the front page?

How on earth does that not make the front page?

Because:

1 - It's not related to the Thai government which, as far as the English-language Thai press is concerned, the vast majority of the worthy news occurs.

2 - It did not happen in Bangkok which is where, as far as the English-language Thai press is concerned, the vast majority of the worthy news occurs.

In today's Bkk Post the front page headlines are a story about a Cabinet Secretary quiting, some monks blessing the king and a few other minor stories.

If you open the main news section on page 5 there is a 40 word article in the 'in brief' section telling us that 7 doctors and nurses were killed and 40 injured when their bus fell into a ravine in Kao Yai!!! How on earth does that not make the front page?

maybe you should give them a call and ask them :o

I think it's a good thing. I'm tired of blood and guts being the center of attention in the media. You did find your blood and guts story, so you're happy now right? :o

Last Sunday's post had the front page story about the lady who found a frog in her Burgerking salad.... IN EUROPE!! Hardly an earth-shattering event.

Maybe BKK post are trying to get McDonalds to advertise?

I'm sorry to say this, i don't want it to be this way... but only 7 people died?? May be a big news in developed countries but it's not that big a deal here... where people dies everyday in the south and traffic accident happens all the time.

However, at present, it requires some rather advanced knowledge in radiology to fully translate.

I guess I'll have to wait until Thailand becomes the hub of advanced knowledge in radiology to get a translation. :o

However, at present, it requires some rather advanced knowledge in radiology to fully translate.

I guess I'll have to wait until Thailand becomes the hub of advanced knowledge in radiology to get a translation. :D

ut ohhh.....an unfortunate development :o :

Crackdown on radiologists announced

(Bangkok) - The government announced a crackdown on radiologists today in an effort to curtail the knowledge gleaned from the anti-government news agency, Bangkok Herald-Examiner.

It referred to the encrypted CT scans that the news organization cleverly utilizes in it's disbursement of on-line news which presently can only be interpreted by radiologists.

- June 7, 2006

I'm sorry to say this, i don't want it to be this way... but only 7 people died?? May be a big news in developed countries but it's not that big a deal here... where people dies everyday in the south and traffic accident happens all the time.

I have to agree with the OP. this should be front page. Imagine if 7 people died every day. In just 2,340,000 YEARS there would be no people. That would be of course only if the MIRACLE of birth, which has only happened 10 billion times already, failed to happen again.

ut ohhh.....an unfortunate development :o :

Crackdown on radiologists announced

(Bangkok) - The government announced a crackdown on radiologists today in an effort to curtail the knowledge gleaned from the anti-government news agency, Bangkok Herald-Examiner.

It referred to the encrypted CT scans that the news organization cleverly utilizes in it's disbursement of on-line news which presently can only be interpreted by radiologists.

Guess I'm gonna have to wait for home delivery of the Herald-Examiner in Chiang Mai after all... :D