Most Annoying Bands Of All Time?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that scandinavian bint who screeches a lot , whats her name , bjerk , bjock or something.

the bee gees

crosby stills and nash

fleetwood mac

marc bolan

the communards

mott the hoople

that band that sang "c'mon eileen"

status quo

cliff richard

peter paul and mary

the beach boys

creedence clearwater revival

three dog night

boy george

that scandinavian bint who screeches a lot , whats her name , bjerk , bjock or something.

the bee gees

crosby stills and nash

fleetwood mac

marc bolan

the communards

mott the hoople

status quo

cliff richard

peter paul and mary

the beach boys

three dog night

boy george

GET A GRIIIIIP Taxexile.... half those bands shaped popular music as we know it today........ :D

You forgot The Seekers........ :o

Actually, the ONLY band (and I choose to forget the name for a good reason) that truly EVER did my head in was the "Achey Breaky Heart Dudes" .......... oh me, oh my!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Wow, all the mentions for U2, Coldplay and Chili Peppers are incredible. All three are bands that I really like.

I suppose its just an indicator of how very mainsream your tastse are. They keep serving it up and you keep buying it.

Now saying this was just wrong on your part. Any band, no matter what their status is in the world of pop culture, can make good music. I mention three bands I like and you've already broken down my entire musical taste. I don't think so. Want to see how mainstream my tastes are? Check out my list down below.

I'm distraught to see Tears For Fears listed here!

:o

Me as well. Tears for Fears is a great band IMO. "Who killed Tangerine" is a great song. It has an anthemic feel.

As for annoying:

Britney Spears

Christina Aguilera

Backstreet Boys

N'Sync

Most Hip Hop stuff

Robbie Williams

Eagles! (BLAH!!!!!!!)

Ricky Martin

Marc Anthony

New Santana

Coldplay

Spice Girls

N'Sync

Backstreet Boys

Tears For Fears

The Sex Pistols (over-rated junkies)

Britney Spears

Christina Aguilera

George Michael

Celine Dion

Ronan Keating

Elton John

Phil Collins

I think I could have a lot much more but they're too borring to think about it.

Ok, no offense, but who puts:

Radiohead

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

U2

Aerosmith

or

Scorpions

on the list, have no taste for music, again, NO OFFENSE.

Edited by alexth

Wow, all the mentions for U2, Coldplay and Chili Peppers are incredible. All three are bands that I really like.

I suppose its just an indicator of how very mainsream your tastse are. They keep serving it up and you keep buying it.

Now saying this was just wrong on your part. Any band, no matter what their status is in the world of pop culture, can make good music. I mention three bands I like and you've already broken down my entire musical taste. I don't think so. Want to see how mainstream my tastes are? Check out my list down below.

:D

Me as well. Tears for Fears is a great band IMO. "Who killed Tangerine" is a great song. It has an anthemic feel.

As for annoying:

Britney Spears

Christina Aguilera

Backstreet Boys

N'Sync

Most Hip Hop stuff

Robbie Williams

Eagles! (BLAH!!!!!!!)

Ricky Martin

Marc Anthony

New Santana

C'mon Trippy... you sore American ! :o

As for annoying:

Britney Spears

Christina Aguilera

Backstreet Boys

N'Sync

Most Hip Hop stuff

Robbie Williams

Eagles! (BLAH!!!!!!!)

Ricky Martin

Marc Anthony

New Santana

C'mon Trippy... you sore American ! :o

Enya ?!?!

Music is truly a personal thing. My argument , when drawn into a slanging match about my fave band ( Led Zep :o ) is because I am an accomplished guitarist , Grade 8 , teacher , played in some reasonable bands, recorded and written various songs, is that I know what I'm talking about.

This argument does not hold much water understandably.

I can tell who is a better guitarist , unlike a non-musician, but the appeal of music is, in a way, much shallower, it is fickle, one day you love a band, the next day you will hate them.

In reality it doesn't matter , if you like something, the b0llocks to what anyone else thinks.

Of course life is not this easy , we all like to think that we know best.

Unfortunately that accolade belongs to me alone.

Edited by chonabot

I will put in my support for U2, Coldplay, & Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Mainstream music just means how many people are listening to it, which means......that's right, not a dam thing. I grew with enough people obsessed with making sure the music they listened to was "underground" and the mintue a band sold enough albums and got radio play they dropped that band like a bad habit. Why? Just cause someone they didn't like might be listening to the same music. I know people who would stop listening to the music they like for just that reason. Someone they considered mainstream was listen to one of their favorite bands so guess we can't listen to them any more.

Sounds like a lot of post here. It's just music and I never understood people getting so freaked out about music ( like politics more like).

So, there is the music YOU like and the music YOU think sucks. Nothing else. :D

New Kids on the Block really sucked too. Vanilla Ice, Bananarama(sp?), Lil'John (WHAT?), DeathCab For Cutie, Crash Test Dummies, and I will think of some more. :o

the bee gees

crosby stills and nash

fleetwood mac

marc bolan

the communards

mott the hoople

status quo

cliff richard

peter paul and mary

the beach boys

three dog night

boy george

GET A GRIIIIIP Taxexile.... half those bands shaped popular music as we know it today........ :D

You forgot The Seekers........ :o

Actually, the ONLY band (and I choose to forget the name for a good reason) that truly EVER did my head in was the "Achey Breaky Heart Dudes" .......... oh me, oh my!!!!!!!!!!! :D

It is quite amazing the bands he has mentioned here as annoying..Quite shocking really: 3 Dog Night? Joy to the World, Black and White, Mama Told Me (all #1 billboard) lesser hits: easy to be hard, never been to spain, eli's coming, celebrate, shambala, the incomparable "One". This is one band that goes to the opposite spectrum of the list in question. Another one that does is the Beach Boys. Where would the world be w/o the existence of this classic group. the Pet Sounds album is top 5 all time acc. to Rolling Stone mag. Creedence was mentioned. good god, nobody, I mean nobody was bigger than creedence from 1970-1972 except possibly 3 dog night. Lodi must be one of greatest songs ever. Fleetwood Mac, while nowhere near the above bands, owned the late 70s with their self titled album and rumours. no arguing with that greatness. The Bee Gees stood the test of time and owned that late 70s period also and had great 60s music. They were like 2 different bands during those eras and were rewarded with R&R hall of fame induction. Peter Paul and Mary had their 60s moment in the sun with their folk music and became world reknowned thanks to little known John Denver (at the time) who gave them his legendary "Leaving on a Jet Plane". As for CSN, come on, their debut LP was one of the best by anyone ever. Suite Judy Blue Eyes is an anthem. Pick up a copy of Woodstock and watch the phenomenal performance of that classic. Stephen Stills (Buffalo Springfield) Graham Nash (The Hollies) David Crosby (The Byrds) did world reknowned stuff before joining that amazing trio.

Boy George, now he belongs on the annoyance list sure

The Seekers? A great folk group from the early to mid 60s who are underrecognized. They have an archive of excellent material including the great "I'll Never Find Another You", "Georgy Girl", "Morningtown Ride". this group is not to be confused with the 70s group "the New Seekers" (I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing"

your 60s and 70s resident music expert, Monochaser

Most Annoying

U2

Spice Girls

Britney Spears

Micheal Jackson

M&M

John Denver (Sorry mate RIP)

Pink (for looks alone)

Steeleye Span (sp)

Most Overrated

David Bowie

U2

Boom Town Rats

Rolling Stones

Fleetwood Mac

Most Underrated

Edgar Broughton Band

I walked into my office building reception a 4 m yesterday to find the security guard singing along to George Micheal's "I'm never going to dance again", somewhat unsettling.

Edited by lamphun

I suppose this is more a list of over-rated than annoying:

U2 - First picked up on them with the "October" album back in '81, enjoyed their music through "The Joshua Tree", then they lost me in '89 with "Rattle and Hum" and I never got back on the bandwagon. Seemed like they started taking their own hype a bit too seriously, "Charlie Manson stole this song from The Beatles, now we're stealing it back". Yeah right, Bono.

Bruce Springsteen - Grew up on the Jersey Shore in the late-70's where "The Boss" was a local hero. Tried really hard to get into his music but just could never quite get there. He always seemed a bit contrived to me.

Kenny G - OK, this guy is annoying. Worth a read is Pat Metheny's now-legendary Internet rant regarding said Mr. G and musical necrophilia.

Michael Jackson - Just never saw the appeal, especially the overwhelming appeal from the masses.

The Grateful Dead - Can't say that I actively dislike the Dead, just never really heard anything in their music that made them sound all that special.

The Eagles - Never really was into their music all that much to begin with, have gotten rightly sick of hearing their music since living in Thailand where it seems that everybody and their cousin has a copy or three of "The Eagles Greatest Hits" playing on repeat.

Underrated are the Stone Roses

stone roses under-rated? over-rated IMO. self-titled album is average at best then they took 5 years to release second coming, which was better but they still bottled it, couldn't handle the pressure and split..........and Ian Browns a miserable faced fcuker who takes himself faaaaaar too seriously. :o

richard ashcroft is another one who thinks he's some cult musical god when he's just a cheesy bast*rd. :D

Edited by game4shame

Underrated are the Stone Roses

stone roses under-rated? over-rated IMO. self-titled album is average at best then they took 5 years to release second coming, which was better but they still bottled it, couldn't handle the pressure and split..........and Ian Browns a miserable faced fcuker who takes himself faaaaaar too seriously. :D

rishard ashcroft is another one who thinks he's some cult musical god when he's just a cheesy bast*rd. :D

I disagree with you.

redrus

you cheeky miserable tight arsed copper wire creatin look for a reaction c**k suckin mother *uckin arse over tit faced lyin git................................ :D:o:D

I disagree with you.

you cheeky miserable tight arsed copper wire creatin look for a reaction c**k suckin mother *uckin arse over tit faced lyin git................................ :D:o:D

:D sorry 'drus, didn't realise you were so passionate!! :D:D

I suppose this is more a list of over-rated than annoying:

U2 - First picked up on them with the "October" album back in '81, enjoyed their music through "The Joshua Tree", then they lost me in '89 with "Rattle and Hum" and I never got back on the bandwagon. Seemed like they started taking their own hype a bit too seriously, "Charlie Manson stole this song from The Beatles, now we're stealing it back". Yeah right, Bono.

Bruce Springsteen - Grew up on the Jersey Shore in the late-70's where "The Boss" was a local hero. Tried really hard to get into his music but just could never quite get there. He always seemed a bit contrived to me.

Kenny G - OK, this guy is annoying. Worth a read is Pat Metheny's now-legendary Internet rant regarding said Mr. G and musical necrophilia.

Michael Jackson - Just never saw the appeal, especially the overwhelming appeal from the masses.

The Grateful Dead - Can't say that I actively dislike the Dead, just never really heard anything in their music that made them sound all that special.

The Eagles - Never really was into their music all that much to begin with, have gotten rightly sick of hearing their music since living in Thailand where it seems that everybody and their cousin has a copy or three of "The Eagles Greatest Hits" playing on repeat.

Good job on Springsteen, Ovenman, he's right at the top of my list. forgot about him

However, on the grateful dead, they are an institution

Edited by monochaser

I disagree with you.

:D sorry 'drus, didn't realise you were so passionate!! :D:D

You must know that from my posts in what u listenin to now thread. You knew what you were doin..... :D:D

We all have our own flavours, its why some get on and, some don't. I take music very seriously, prob too serious, I've been a Dj since I was 14 so.

I don't really understand why you think so badly of The Stone Roses, Ian Brown is a far nicer and more approachable person than either of the Bitter Brothers. You can't compare the music though. Ian Brown does have a very aloof, though extremely confident persona but, thats all it is.

On the topic I won't get involved any more, its a good thread but it will deteriorate. There's been some crazy crazy choices already but, I'm sayin nowt more........ :D

redrus

The most annoying band from the last few years has to be The Darkness. They're over the top camp antics are just awful to watch. They're lead singer is a posh knobhead and most of all they're music is crap.

I agree - they are just a poor parody band - in a couple of years they will be joining Chesney Hawkes, Sonia on the Student Union trail in the UK.

Furthermore- perhaps it would be a good idea to add bands/performers that are living off of past success.

I'm thinking of the Rolling Stones and Paul Macartney - both of whom have done very little of note since the early 70s!

Edited by The Dan Sai Kid