Air Fares For Dogs?

I have recently looked into this re flight Sweden (ARN) via BKK to CNX. In my case I want to transport our cats, but it seems Thai International doesn't care about what kind of pet. The price they gave me was "the same as excess baggage", which means SEK 335 ≈ EUR 36 ≈ THB 1,755 per kilo, INCLUDING the mandatory cage. This makes it a very expensive cage by the time it arrives in Thailand, but that's the way it is :o

Priceless

When I was checking coming from the States for a Dog that size it would only be anywhere between $150-$300 as long as it was accompanied by a paying passenger. My dog was a different story since he was over 100 #. We flew him as cargo for $1700 from Alaska on China air.

I knew some people that were emigrating from Isreal to the States and wanted to take their dog. They put the poor thing on a diet. It would keep running to the neighbours who would feed the poor animal.

They could never understand how the dog wasn't losing weight!

Tuffy, when you brought your dog over, how did you transport him. How did he handle the 18 hrs plane trip - food, water, bathroom breaks, etc. I am thinking of doing the same but not sure how my dog will do with such a long flight.

Tuffy, when you brought your dog over, how did you transport him. How did he handle the 18 hrs plane trip - food, water, bathroom breaks, etc. I am thinking of doing the same but not sure how my dog will do with such a long flight.

My dog handled the trip better than I did! He was pretty stinky from being cooped up for so long but he didn't seem any worse for wear. We bought 2 dished that attach to the door grating and i froze them both full of water so that it would melt slowly and wouldn't get all spilled when they initially loaded him on the plane. That way he had water during the trip as well. We had a layover in Taipei and the airport folks there gave him the food and bottled water I had attached in a zip lock bag to the top of the kennel. Also gave him his favorite chew toy and I threw in an article of clothing I had wore for a few days. Some people suggest this to help him cope with the strange surrounding.

That part was easy it was getting all the paperwork sorted out and collecting him from customs at the cargo dock which was the real pain.

Good luck!