bank letter for non immigrant o extension imperial lat phrao

Hi.

I'm doing my annual non immigrant o visa extension based on marriage and the last document I need is the bank letter confirming the 400k for 2 months. Using the Bangkok Bank at Chaeng Wattana was easy and I could go have the letter printed while queuing for the doors to open.

Does anyone know if there is a Bangkok Bank branch at Imperal Lat Phrao?

Many thanks.

"my annual non immigrant o visa extension"

You can't extend visas, which are issued by embassies or consulates. It's an extension of stay from immigrations.

"Using the Bangkok Bank at Chaeng Wattana was easy and I could go have the letter printed while queuing for the doors to open. "

With the possible exception of the branch at Chaeng Wattana, I think you would need to get the letter from the manager of the branch where your account is held.

You can do a branch search at the Bangkok Bank website:

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/WEBSERVICES/LOCATEUS/Pages/Default.aspx

Edited by Suradit69

Thought you had to have the money in there for 3 months?

For an extension of stay based upon retirement it is 3 months for the 2nd or greater application.

For an extension of stay based upon marriage it is 2 months for every extension.

Thought you had to have the money in there for 3 months?

For an extension of stay based upon retirement it is 3 months for the 2nd or greater application.

For an extension of stay based upon marriage it is 2 months for every extension.

Splendid

I don't think the bank will provide you with such letter on the spot, usually it take few hours

or even one day for them to prepare the letter....

Usually takes a few hours of explaining what you need? :P

Seriously though, at most, in Bangkok, the longest time I've waited for one of these letters was about 20mins (the first time having to do this process and not at CW), 5 mins to explain to the first staff member, 10 mins for her to then discuss with her boss and 5 mins for her boss to to punch in the details and print out the letter.

The folks at CW probably took about 5mins as they're most likely used to aimless farang wandering around banks asking for that letter.

• 5 months later...

I don't think the bank will provide you with such letter on the spot, usually it take few hours

or even one day for them to prepare the letter....

The Bangkok Bank branch at CW does it in 5-10 min. Hope it is the same elsewhere.

So it's no problem to get the letter at this branch even if it's not where your account is held ?