Tesco Lotus launches online ordering, home deliveries in Phuket

webfact

Tesco Lotus launches online ordering, home deliveries in Phuket
The Phuket News

1397034008_1-org.jpg
Ready to roll: The Tesco Online team in Phuket, with their delivery trucks.

PHUKET: -- Starting tomorrow (April 10), Tesco-Lotus is expanding its Online Shopping to Phuket, allowing people to order over the Internet and have their groceries delivered to them at home for as little as B60.

“Customers in Bangkok, Pattaya and Chiang Mai have responded positively to the Tesco Lotus Online Shopping service we started a year ago,” said Tesco Lotus Marketing Director Wanna Swuddigul.

“They have told us Tesco Lotus Online Shopping service makes their lives more convenient and saves them time and money on travel.”

With over 20,000 product lines on offer, Tesco Lotus remains the only retailer in the country offering online ordering and delivery of fresh food.

For deliveries it uses specially designed vans with separate compartments for frozen products, chilled products and non-perishable groceries for delivery to customers’ doorsteps.

After choosing products online, the customer can pick one of six delivery timeslots between 10 am and 10 pm, seven days a week.

For those worried about getting old stock delivered to them, Ms Wanna stressed that the online delivery team “seek out the freshest produce and longest expiry dates just as our customers would do.”

The website is already open for orders, but deliveries do not start until tomorrow. To order, go here for English language or here for Thai language.

Payment is made online with Visa Debit, Electron or credit cards, or with MasterCard.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/tesco-lotus-launches-online-ordering-home-deliveries-in-phuket-45615.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-04-09

• Like 1

One word of warning to temper your enthusiasm based upon how it was implemented here in Pattaya

If they don't have an item that you order the "picker" will choose a substitute which may or may not suit you. You will not be required to take the substitute item but it can play havoc trying to refuse it, if you prepaid using your credit card ( which I might add will be in Thai Baht in the case of a foreign credit card)

I would use the service more if they had a "fill or kill " option

But this online ordering is great since you don't have to worry about timing your alcohol purchases and they are pretty good at honoring their promised delivery times

So they're not gonna just chuck the chicken and pork in the back of a pick-up truck so it resembles the in-store product?

This is what it says there...

For deliveries it uses specially designed vans with separate compartments for frozen products, chilled products and non-perishable groceries for delivery to customers’ doorsteps.

I understand your worries as I have seen the baggers put fresh chicken meat together with bread or fruits in the same bag.

Is the site working fine for you? I manage to create an account after half an hour clicking and waiting, but now when I try to login, nothing seems to happen.

It's good for ordering heavy things like bottles, tins etc.

I wouldn't order dairy, you're likely to get the nearest expiry date.

The same applies for most perishable goods.

I like to get out and do my own selecting either at the market or Supermarket.

But it's excellent for people that are housebound.

• Like 1

Any initiative that reduces one single person's reliance on Phuket tuk-tuks has my full support. biggrin.png:D

Agreed. I had to shell out a whopping 500 baht couple of days ago, more than the grocery bill :/ And that on top of having to pay 1100 baht for a 5L box of Montclair at a local m&p as it happened to be outside hours (not my fault, raining and didn't want to have to shell out for another fare later).

However, don't see 5L boxes of this delicious [sic] plonk on their website, only the big Bottles.

• Like 1

Any initiative that reduces one single person's reliance on Phuket tuk-tuks has my full support. biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Agreed. I had to shell out a whopping 500 baht couple of days ago, more than the grocery bill :/ And that on top of having to pay 1100 baht for a 5L box of Montclair at a local m&p as it happened to be outside hours (not my fault, raining and didn't want to have to shell out for another fare later).

However, don't see 5L boxes of this delicious [sic] plonk on their website, only the big Bottles.

Yes, and the young Thai girl who served you gets a whopping 300 baht for a full day of serving customers, whilst your friendly tuk-tuk driver gets 500 baht for 10 minutes work.

Why, because he can. smile.png

Anyway, looks like Tesco are looking to cash in on Phuket's transport issues as well. :)

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 2

I have used this service for many months and its very useful -
I don't have a car, so it's cheaper than a Taxi home

I put "Will accept alternatives" in the Notes box

And I am happy with 95% of alternatives supplied
(better to get smaller/bigger than nothing)

Even get beer supplied - but this is sometimes cancelled - near religious non alcohol days etc.

Tip: Turn Goggle translate off, to get faster downloads

• Like 2

Web site is slowly developing - couldn't get beer til 2 months? ago

Plus if u bulk buy (anything) - they might not have enough in stock... (JIT)

Any initiative that reduces one single person's reliance on Phuket tuk-tuks has my full support. biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Yes, and the young Thai girl who served you gets a whopping 300 baht for a full day of serving customers, whilst your friendly tuk-tuk driver gets 500 baht for 10 minutes work.

Anyway, looks like Tesco are looking to cash in on Phuket's transport issues as well. smile.png

Hmmmm, what to do? Scout out the taxi driver, point out your er, point and ask for a 300 baht refund, or nip back off to the m&p (where it wasn't some 'young girl' BTW, it was the owner, m&p should give you a cluehuh.png ) saying'awfully sorry about this travesty of fiscal justice, here's another 300 baht on top of the 500 you've already had off me for being able to sell outside hours'.dry.png

Anyway, looks like Tesco are looking to cash in on Phuket's transport issues as well. smile.png

Hmmmm, what to do? Scout out the taxi driver, point out your er, point and ask for a 300 baht refund, or nip back off to the m&p (where it wasn't some 'young girl' BTW, it was the owner, m&p should give you a cluehuh.png ) saying'awfully sorry about this travesty of fiscal justice, here's another 300 baht on top of the 500 you've already had off me for being able to sell outside hours'.dry.png

In English, please. :)