Thai Passport for Thai Child

I would like to get a Thai passport for my Daughter

Is this service up at CW always closed due to protests?

Is there a temporary location set up?

Can someone please point my in the right direction?

I have checked MFA for Thailand and could not see any info about an alternate location

Thanks in advance for your help ... again

I obtained a Thai Passport for my 11 month old son at the office located at Central Bangna. For whatever reason, the closure of Chaeng Wattana has caused problems throughout Thailand. Their ability to produce passports has been diminished. I can't remember what the actual numbers are, but I can tell you that the offices in Bangkok are most certainly very, very busy. As we have an international trip to the US coming later in the month, it was imperative that he obtained his Thai Passport in addition to the US Passport he already has.

Arrive early! Let me say that again just to make sure it is crystal clear, arrive early!!! We got to Central Bangna at around 0500. Even at that hour there were more than 70 people in front of us. It's not my idea of fun to hang out in a parking garage with very unhappy little boy, so I took him back home for a few hours. I aimed to return when the office opened. Traffic made that slightly problematic, but it all worked out in the end.

I'm sure you are already aware of the requirements for applying for a Thai Passport for a minor. While both parents must be present when his number is called to sift through, sign, and sort out all of the paperwork, there is no requirement that both parents and the child must wait in the queue. Although I would have done it myself, my wife ended up standing the line while I took our son home. We really didn't think it was fair for him to be in such a dreary, uncomfortable environment for extended periods of time. Because my wife cannot drive, I took our son home, and I returned once the mass of people had migrated to the air conditioned office. I walked in just int time to sign my pieces of paper!

I was told that the office had reached capacity for the day before they had even opened their office doors. Again, arrive early! As for the appointment system referenced above, we thought that would be a reasonable alternative However when I attempted to schedule an appointment, I found every time-slot for every single day available on the site was already full. I'n not sure when they "open" future days for the public to schedule an appointment, but it is certainly worth looking into. My first thought was that subsequent days would be opened for scheduling an appointment at midnight. So, I checked at midnight holding on to some small hope that the next day would magically appear with a time slot that was open to schedule an appointment. Alas, by 12:3 am, it was clear that I should give up my hope and get to bed for a few hours.

That was my experience. It wasn't a fun one. It usually isn't fun when I such places. I hope you have better luck booking an appointment should you decide to go with that option. Otherwise .... arrive early!!!! Chok dee .....

Thanks for the info. I had heard the central bangna was very busy. A friend went at 4 am to start queing. Also heard on news of doors being closed for the day soon after they opened due to capacity for the day being reached. I think we will just wait until CW is up and running and going at full capacity since it is not urgent. was going t take her and baby mommy up to loas but that can wait.

While on the topic ..

Can someone tell me exactly what we need to bring to get her the Thai passport

Thanks again in advance

LL

• 2 months later...

I'll have to get a couple of Thai Passports for the boys later this year.

Can anyone update this topic with more recent information?

e.g. is CW open?

Bangna is close for us ... what are the wait times now like (assuming CW has re-opened)?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Now that Chang Wattana is up an running again can my Thai GF just show up and apply for passport for our daughter?

If yes ... what document are needed? does she still need a por kor 14 from her home Amphur in Sisaket?

If it is by appointment only, can someone please provide the link so we can make an appointment

Thanks in Advance

LL