$THB1,000,000 THai Baht. Right now. What would you do?

Scarpolo

whats trolling, what fishing people do?

weak thread, or weak minds replying?

if the thread takes hold, people like yourself will be seen by others as either lacking intelligence,or some learning disability that doesnt let you access your intelligence.

maybe good data will be shared,

but it wont be with you,

people dont like you in real life,

I understand that,

but I can create errors and grammar mistakes, because at times TV seems to be having bandwith issues when I am having attention issues,

but not being able to access intelligence,

thats just plain sad for you

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm guessing I can't simply exchange it for USD and put it in my account. smile.png

1 million isn't much. I would start by being sort-of nice and buy a condo and have someone stay there for FREE. Help out one family for a year while they get on their feet. It is an investment on my behalf, so i'm not the greatest for doing that.

or spend 1 million on advertising to raise awareness for dangerous drinking and driving, driving while asleep, overnight buses, etc....

or spend 1 million to help all the girls with Aids.

or spend 1 million to help all the homeless ex-pats.

if i thought about it long enough, maybe invest in something that would give clean water to one village....not sure that cost.

You are a good man.

So, if talking about philanthropy instead of investment, I have long thought if I had loads of dosh I'd set up a special team of sneaky guys and tough dudes to find child traffickers and their paedophile customers. The kiddy fiddlers and the traffickers would be branded on the forehead and cheeks, castrated and dropped off at a good police station.

Contrary to the advise of many people here .....I will started a small business...with the potential to be bigger in the future. It is a posting here talking about Mike's Burger, Miguel's Mexican Cafe, and who knows more.....If you can get the advise of the American who started that....

I mentioned here before....I met a retired German guy in Hua Hin who started a factory for export business with 400,000THB 10 years ago...and sold it now for 1,000,000US Dollars. Have to start small and slowly...and on the right field...Just that.

But...if you do not want to be involved with work....buy real estate in undeveloped areas....and wait.

• Like 1

when I am having attention issues,

.... not being able to access intelligence,

"Attention issues" ..."Not being able to access intelligence" ....Your words as applicable to YOU!

You still haven't responded to your own Thread! Now I understand why....you have limited intelligence! That's what I thought. You seemed to be incapable of responding directly to questions put to you other than to denigrate others....I find that SAD!

As for investments in Thailand ....I have invested in a good women and our relationship ....to me nothing is more important than that. I am one of the lucky ones! As for business's.... I've been living in Thailand for 10 years (and no expert by any means ....not like you ....6 months and expert on everything Thai....cheesy.gif ) and have made money in Real Estate. I realize that's not for everybody but that's how I made my money at home and it works for me here in Thailand ....Best investment advice I can give (which is more than you have done) is to invest in what you KNOW and enjoy!

Now I know that if you respond it will not be directly towards anything I have said (short attention span!) and only to childishly attack. Not my problem ...YOURS! Good luck with that!

Edited by beachproperty

"Attention issues" ..."Not being able to access intelligence" ....Your words as applicable to YOU!

You still haven't responded to your own Thread! Now I understand why....you have limited intelligence! That's what I thought. You seemed to be incapable of responding directly to questions put to you other than to denigrate others....I find that SAD!

As for investments in Thailand ....I have invested in a good women and our relationship ....to me nothing is more important than that. I am one of the lucky ones! As for business's.... I've been living in Thailand for 10 years (and no expert by any means ....not like you ....6 months and expert on everything Thai....cheesy.gif ) and have made money in Real Estate. I realize that's not for everybody but that's how I made my money at home and it works for me here in Thailand ....Best investment advice I can give (which is more than you have done) is to invest in what you KNOW and enjoy!

Now I know that if you respond it will not be directly towards anything I have said (short attention span!) and only to childishly attack. Not my problem ...YOURS! Good luck with that!

well the first thing you may want try, is jai yin yin,

that's what I learned in Thailand,

and that if there were a few thousand thai girls in florida, it would be more interesting,

now, what were you saying?

I forgot already

Been away for awhile....guess I'm missing a feud between beachproperty and Scarpolo.....

Seems to me that beachproperty makes a lot more sense than Scarpolo and I have to agree with beachproperty in that Scarpolo has offered no advice of his own....or is it that he just is incapable.

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Could you at least give writing in full sentences a try?

it looked different when I hit the enter button,

edit is out now.

dont reply, no problem

No, I mean you really don't need to start a new paragraph every 3 - 10 words. It makes your posts almost impossible to read.

• Like 2

Could you at least give writing in full sentences a try?

it looked different when I hit the enter button,

edit is out now.

dont reply, no problem

No, I mean you really don't need to start a new paragraph every 3 - 10 words. It makes your posts almost impossible to read.

Oh, thats an email habit

This is my theme song for the Beachman,

it makes me think of him. in many of the verses

Edited by Scarpolo

You will notice, I did not attack you.

I didnt even say that you were stupid, or not intelligent,

In fact, I said you were were perhaps very intelligent indeed,

you just have difficulty "accessing it"

there is nothing bad about that, its more of a break in the synapse that can be years of alcohol or drug abuse issues, whether prescribed or procured matters to me not.

I hope the people who come after this are enlightened by sound business principles and examples of success stories,

TV has enough people like Beachfront and others who prefer to show ethernet avatars how smart they are, but don't provide anything, smart

Hold on Beachfront,

Hold ON

what was it you were saying again?

You made an investment in a woman?

But you say bad things about the girl I like,

she has more demonstrated integrity than many of the people that I have known in any country, with a big heart and love of her family,

the kind of girl you would want for a son, (if you didnt know what she did to earn her money)

trust me, you would never know, so

why do you say bad things about her, because she grew up poor and made something of herself, using the only tool in her tool box that Thailand men seem to pay very large sums of their baht, just to be able to touch her for 10 minutes?

tell me Beachfront, have you been to the bath houses?

have you ever met girls like this?

they aren't all bar girls you know

(not that they are that much different)

so Beachfront

get a grip, I am not marrying her, and she is a great guide in Thailand, where many doors have been opened for me, through her smile and kind manner,

I am just a guy from the states enjoying my life, most every day. Today it was going to the atlantic to breathe deeply, watch surfer girls and stretch,

earlier I rode to get a new cutter for the shrubs and fellowshipped with my old farming supplier about the old timers we both knew

see, I was able to do all that in sunny 70 degree weather, with people, who all spoke english, and that I had things in common with,

I dont have that inThailand, and from what I can see, very few men do,

and if I do return to thailand, and I may, I want to kick around ideas with people who have been there before, because, people do not speak english, and I have very little in common with them, so, this is why I find TV useful, and I find you, use less,

in sum there big boy,

you gotta stop trying to be the BMOC on threads I post on, or create, because, I will outlast you, and if needed, shred you, every time.,

you aren't good enough to get to me

but you are very good, at wasting people's time

Edited by Scarpolo

so much for the south.

this cant help

Extremists may be planning to target westerners in Thailand's southern border provinces

Warning from Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade's Smartraveller advisory service

The following Travel Advice has changed or been added since our last update ( 9 Apr 2014 11:18:17 EST):

* Thailand
http://www.smartrave...Advice/Thailand

Current Advice Level: "High degree of caution"
Change Summary:

It contains new information in the Summary and under Safety and security: Terrorism (reporting indicates that extremists may be planning to target westerners in the southern border provinces). Australians should continue to avoid all protest sites and surrounding areas, political rallies, marches and processions, political events (including polling stations when elections are rescheduled) and large-scale public gatherings due to the risk of further violence. We advise Australians to exercise a high degree of caution in Thailand overall due to the possibility of civil unrest and the threat of terrorist attack.

Source: http://www.smartrave...Advice/Thailand

xthaivisa-news.png.pagespeed.ic.ASDmYCLR

@scarpolo:

Mate, I just dont get why you post here so prolifically - you clearly loathe the country, it's people and most of the regulars on this board. Weren't you back in Florida, gloating over how much better things are in the States ? I would think that's enough - just go and enjoy your reinvigorated life in the States and leave us the freak alone.

• Like 1

I would buy more of DSGT. It is listed on the THAI set and is about to make a 10:4 share issue early next month.

DSGT up another 3 percent today. Simple and transparent business model. And the CEO has won the best in Thailand award a number of times. They make nappies (daipers)for babies and for old people with incontinence.

If you google you will find lots of recent articles (and threads on TV) discussing the fact that Thailand has the highest amount of teenage mothers in all of Asia. Of course of these "modern" Thai mothers buy disposable nappies at 7/11. And the cultural concept of BoonKhun (or repaying a birth debt back to the parents)ensures ongoing sales of incontinence nappies the elderly.

Warren Buffet likes companies that have simple business models. Shoe companies, chocolate companies, etc...

DSGT seems to fit well with Buffet's criteria.

Edited by fatdrunkandstupid

Hold on Beachfront,

Hold ON

what was it you were saying again?

You made an investment in a woman?

But you say bad things about the girl I like,

she has more demonstrated integrity than many of the people that I have known in any country, with a big heart and love of her family,

the kind of girl you would want for a son, (if you didnt know what she did to earn her money)

trust me, you would never know, so

why do you say bad things about her, because she grew up poor and made something of herself, using the only tool in her tool box that Thailand men seem to pay very large sums of their baht, just to be able to touch her for 10 minutes?

tell me Beachfront, have you been to the bath houses?

have you ever met girls like this?

they aren't all bar girls you know

(not that they are that much different)

so Beachfront

get a grip, I am not marrying her, and she is a great guide in Thailand, where many doors have been opened for me, through her smile and kind manner,

I am just a guy from the states enjoying my life, most every day. Today it was going to the atlantic to breathe deeply, watch surfer girls and stretch,

earlier I rode to get a new cutter for the shrubs and fellowshipped with my old farming supplier about the old timers we both knew

see, I was able to do all that in sunny 70 degree weather, with people, who all spoke english, and that I had things in common with,

I dont have that inThailand, and from what I can see, very few men do,

and if I do return to thailand, and I may, I want to kick around ideas with people who have been there before, because, people do not speak english, and I have very little in common with them, so, this is why I find TV useful, and I find you, use less,

in sum there big boy,

you gotta stop trying to be the BMOC on threads I post on, or create, because, I will outlast you, and if needed, shred you, every time.,

you aren't good enough to get to me

but you are very good, at wasting people's time

You sound like a child having a temper tantrum w00t.gif

Why don't you for once, if you're going to post, stay on topic.....how would you invest (or in your case spend) a million baht!

I believe you said in another post that for years you were an investment adviser cheesy.gif

And NOW your saying your a "farmer" (I can believe that one!)

So why not give TV readers advice on what to farm and how to farm? your expertise ....right?

Try staying on topic! "What would you do? $THB1,000,000 THai Baht" (whatever that means)

Edited by beachproperty

I would buy more of DSGT. It is listed on the THAI set and is about to make a 10:4 share issue early next month.

DSGT up another 3 percent today. Simple and transparent business model. And the CEO has won the best in Thailand award a number of times. They make nappies (daipers)for babies and for old people with incontinence.

If you google you will find lots of recent articles (and threads on TV) discussing the fact that Thailand has the highest amount of teenage mothers in all of Asia. Of course of these "modern" Thai mothers buy disposable nappies at 7/11. And the cultural concept of BoonKhun (or repaying a birth debt back to the parents)ensures ongoing sales of incontinence nappies the elderly.

Warren Buffet likes companies that have simple business models. Shoe companies, chocolate companies, etc...

Thai economy is headed to the toilet: They are only beng kind in the press, until they are all short:

I am expecting a hard fall and seek the enter long after the pain is felt on the street

IMF halves Thai forecast

THE NATION

x30231234-01_big.jpg.pagespeed.ic.-96ohV

THE INTERNATIONAL Monetary Fund has revised down this year's forecast for Thai economic growth to 2.5 per cent from the 5.2 per cent estimated previously, mainly because of the political uncertainty. This would be the lowest growth rate among Asean nations.

"The near-term outlook remains clouded by the political situation; the economy is slowing as private demand weakens and public investment plans are delayed," said the IMF's April publication "World Economic Outlook: Recovery Strengthens, Remains Uneven".

The IMF's downward revision for Thailand followed that of the World Bank, which now puts this year's growth in gross domestic product at 3 per cent, and domestic agencies such as the Bank of Thailand with 2.7 per cent and the Finance Ministry's Fiscal Policy Office with 2.6 per cent. Private research houses have cut their forecasts to a range of between 1 and 2 per cent.

IMF's 2014 GDP growth forecast for Asia as a whole is 5.5 per cent, against 5.2 per cent last year. The forecast for Malaysia is 5.2 per cent, Indonesia 5.4 per cent, Vietnam 5.6 per cent and the Philippines 6.5 per cent.

The IMF said in the report that Indonesia's growth was projected to slow this year as subdued investor sentiment and higher borrowing costs weighed on the domestic economy, although the currency depreciation since mid-2013 should give exports a lift. Malaysia and the Philippines, however, were on a more positive trajectory, and growth was expected to remain robust in both countries.

For developing Asia, the economic outlook is largely for continued solid growth with some additional benefit from the recovery in world trade.

The IMF said concerns linked to the external environment remained, but Asia was also facing various idiosyncratic domestic risks stemming from political tensions and uncertainties in several countries including Thailand.

"As growth in the United States improves, Asia will have to adapt to a steady increase in the global term premium. Economics with weaker fundamentals and greater reliance on global finance and trade would be most affected," the IMF paper said.

Japanese stimulus cited

Olivier Blanchard, economic counsellor for the IMF, said in the briefing that in Japan, where the organisation forecast 1.4-per-cent growth this year, fiscal stimulus had played a large role.

According to the IMF report, "Slower growth could have significant negative spill-overs for economics with strong trade and foreign-direct-investment linkages with Japan, such as Indonesia and Thailand - especially if the risk of deflation returns."

Blanchard said emerging and developing economies would continue to have strong growth, lower than before the US-led global crisis but high nevertheless. The IMF forecasts their growth at 4.9 per cent, slightly up from 4.7 per cent in 2013. China's GDP growth would be 7.5 per cent and India's 5.4 per cent.

In China, there are sharper-than-envisaged vulnerabilities, for instance from the implementation of structural reform. This would have significant spill-overs for the rest of the region, especially in economies linked to the regional supply chain and commodity exporters.

In addition to tackling near-term vulnerabilities, Asia should also enhance medium-term prospects, the Fund said. Generally, reforms should focus on removing structural impediments to growth.

The world growth rate is expected to be 3.6 per cent this year and 3.9 per cent next year, up from 3.3 per cent in 2013, thanks to a strengthening recovery, Blanchard said.

He said the recovery appeared strongest in the United States, forecast at 2.8 per cent in 2014. It is also strong in Britain, at 2.9 per cent, and in Germany at 1.7 per cent, though some imbalances persist.

xnationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.BfgaY1OWGm.

Thai economy is headed to the toilet: They are only beng kind in the press, until they are all short:

I am expecting a hard fall and seek the enter long after the pain is felt on the street

IMF halves Thai forecast

THE NATION

x30231234-01_big.jpg.pagespeed.ic.-96ohV

THE INTERNATIONAL Monetary Fund has revised down this year's forecast for Thai economic growth to 2.5 per cent from the 5.2 per cent estimated previously, mainly because of the political uncertainty. This would be the lowest growth rate among Asean nations.

"The near-term outlook remains clouded by the political situation; the economy is slowing as private demand weakens and public investment plans are delayed," said the IMF's April publication "World Economic Outlook: Recovery Strengthens, Remains Uneven".

The IMF's downward revision for Thailand followed that of the World Bank, which now puts this year's growth in gross domestic product at 3 per cent, and domestic agencies such as the Bank of Thailand with 2.7 per cent and the Finance Ministry's Fiscal Policy Office with 2.6 per cent. Private research houses have cut their forecasts to a range of between 1 and 2 per cent.

IMF's 2014 GDP growth forecast for Asia as a whole is 5.5 per cent, against 5.2 per cent last year. The forecast for Malaysia is 5.2 per cent, Indonesia 5.4 per cent, Vietnam 5.6 per cent and the Philippines 6.5 per cent.

The IMF said in the report that Indonesia's growth was projected to slow this year as subdued investor sentiment and higher borrowing costs weighed on the domestic economy, although the currency depreciation since mid-2013 should give exports a lift. Malaysia and the Philippines, however, were on a more positive trajectory, and growth was expected to remain robust in both countries.

For developing Asia, the economic outlook is largely for continued solid growth with some additional benefit from the recovery in world trade.

The IMF said concerns linked to the external environment remained, but Asia was also facing various idiosyncratic domestic risks stemming from political tensions and uncertainties in several countries including Thailand.

"As growth in the United States improves, Asia will have to adapt to a steady increase in the global term premium. Economics with weaker fundamentals and greater reliance on global finance and trade would be most affected," the IMF paper said.

Japanese stimulus cited

Olivier Blanchard, economic counsellor for the IMF, said in the briefing that in Japan, where the organisation forecast 1.4-per-cent growth this year, fiscal stimulus had played a large role.

According to the IMF report, "Slower growth could have significant negative spill-overs for economics with strong trade and foreign-direct-investment linkages with Japan, such as Indonesia and Thailand - especially if the risk of deflation returns."

Blanchard said emerging and developing economies would continue to have strong growth, lower than before the US-led global crisis but high nevertheless. The IMF forecasts their growth at 4.9 per cent, slightly up from 4.7 per cent in 2013. China's GDP growth would be 7.5 per cent and India's 5.4 per cent.

In China, there are sharper-than-envisaged vulnerabilities, for instance from the implementation of structural reform. This would have significant spill-overs for the rest of the region, especially in economies linked to the regional supply chain and commodity exporters.

In addition to tackling near-term vulnerabilities, Asia should also enhance medium-term prospects, the Fund said. Generally, reforms should focus on removing structural impediments to growth.

The world growth rate is expected to be 3.6 per cent this year and 3.9 per cent next year, up from 3.3 per cent in 2013, thanks to a strengthening recovery, Blanchard said.

He said the recovery appeared strongest in the United States, forecast at 2.8 per cent in 2014. It is also strong in Britain, at 2.9 per cent, and in Germany at 1.7 per cent, though some imbalances persist.

xnationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.BfgaY1OWGm.

Political unrest in Thailand will carry on infinitum. Nonetheless babies and incontinent old people will keep soiling their nappies.

• Like 1

These events deserve consideration. Weather, extreme weather, is a factor in my analysis

Posted 2014-04-07 19:58:46

DROUGHT

Expert warns of severe drought next year

Pongphon Sarnsamak

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/717328-expert-warns-of-severe-drought-in-thailand-next-year/

No problem I dug an 8 metre deep lake which is full to over flowing every year, its just over 1 rai in size. I will sell the water to the highest bidder!

I also have a couple of 80 metre boreholes and all this in the driest part of Thailand........Im prepared.

• Like 1

These events deserve consideration. Weather, extreme weather, is a factor in my analysis

Posted 2014-04-07 19:58:46

DROUGHT

Expert warns of severe drought next year

Pongphon Sarnsamak

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/717328-expert-warns-of-severe-drought-in-thailand-next-year/

No problem I dug an 8 metre deep lake which is full to over flowing every year, its just over 1 rai in size. I will sell the water to the highest bidder!

I also have a couple of 80 metre boreholes and all this in the driest part of Thailand........Im prepared.

am "digging" your thinking ~_~

OP ask yourself; what sort of a return could you expect on a 30,000 US dollar investment and the same would be true in LOS however a simple bank investment into a CD will be 7x greater in Thailand than in the US.

I like the other guys idea, 400,000 baht into 30,000,000 baht. in ten years

Stocks stocks stocks. The best opportunities are there for the ones who really know how to trade

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

if i had a million baht what would i do???????????

two chicks at the same time.........

have two young ones,on a regular basis,there good fun,good mates with each other as well,and they never take,ask more than a thousand for the night,have to laugh to when i see them on facebook,with there thai boy friends,the youth of today,are well TIT.
  • Like 1

DSGT up another 3 percent today.