$THB1,000,000 THai Baht. Right now. What would you do?

Scarpolo

Could you at least give writing in full sentences a try?

it looked different when I hit the enter button,

edit is out now.

dont reply, no problem

No, I mean you really don't need to start a new paragraph every 3 - 10 words. It makes your posts almost impossible to read.

I always thought he was writing in verse....sometimes it's poetic.

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you got any money or are you simply curious. 1 million or 5 million is not going to get you anything worth noting - without risk. money doesnt work like that. so your question is quite ridiculous to say the least

completely untrue.

in Thailand, that is a lot of money, especially to many, many Thai's

many businesses are started with far, far less

I'm reminded of a chap I used to know. Always positive, a Mr Micawber type, always looking for an opportunity. Unfortunately, everything he touched went tits up. He was declared bankrupt twice, went broke many other times.

I made a comment to my mates one day; "If Bob invests in a funeral parlour, odds are that the elixir of life will be discovered the next day."

• Like 1

1 million is not a lot of money to many. I saw a man gave B900,000 with a garland to a cafe singer. They call it pown mup rai!

Later on, a loan to a bank was turned down. You may guess who he was competing when he upped the pown mup rai! Singers at this place drove BM and Merdes!

Men like to show off and often do irrational things. Hope you won't practice such when you are getting there.

I'm reminded of a chap I used to know. Always positive, a Mr Micawber type, always looking for an opportunity. Unfortunately, everything he touched went tits up. He was declared bankrupt twice, went broke many other times.

I made a comment to my mates one day; "If Bob invests in a funeral parlour, odds are that the elixir of life will be discovered the next day."

the mistake many people make, is trying to "create" demand.

it is better to see the demand and become the supply,

it isnt that difficult, and doesnt require, and shouldnt require a lot of start up capital,

with most business, it takes a few months to get going,

having that mind set is what it takes, usually, in normal situations,

albeit, thailand is far from normal, but people do it every day

• Like 1

One very laughable thing I ever did is when I crashed my car into a center cur bwhile driving home in Bangkok.

What I did was passing out HKD1000, Yen10,000, and B500 (no B1000 bill then) in my pocket when the police and the tow truck came. Why did I do it? I don't know. I had first class insurance but it was never in my thought!

One very laughable thing I ever did is when I crashed my car into a center cur bwhile driving home in Bangkok.

What I did was passing out HKD1000, Yen10,000, and B500 (no B1000 bill then) in my pocket when the police and the tow truck came. Why did I do it? I don't know. I had first class insurance but it was never in my thought!

\

you obviously had been acclimated to thailand,

what was the result?

If I have B1m, I will start shorting the SET50 index. For me, every B1m, I short 2 contracts at the equivalent of about B130k. You don't play more than that before margin call, or whatever you call it. It'll come soon, a few months time. Build your position up slowly like I have started a few days ago. Gee, I'm probably drunk and talk too much! Forget hat I said.

\

you obviously had been acclimated to thailand,

what was the result?

Nothing happened. They towed my car and I reclaimed it afterward at the police branch with no question asked! Oh, I slipped a B500 bill at the desk also. Didn't even bother to call the insurance until the next day.

• Like 1

I can't believe how many people posting are so rich that 1 million baht is considered not much money. It may be just chicken feed to many of you but it represents over a years salary to many of the people in the USA, and a lifetimes savings for most in thailand.

just to put in perspective i just sold land in the USA for $750 an acre and it wasn't desert land either.

Edited by wolfmanjack
  • Like 1

I can't believe how many people posting are so rich that 1 million baht is considered not much money. It may be just chicken feed to many of you but it represents over a years salary to many of the people in the USA, and a lifetimes savings for most in thailand.

just to put in perspective i just sold land in the USA for $750 an acre and it wasn't desert land either.

There are Thai's starting businesses all the time with less, some with more.

Restaraunt come and go, stores come and go, bars open, usually stay, but thats annother environment entirely.

Crafty people are doing all sorts of things,

Even merchants in the night bazaars are moving product, none of it, essential.

One thing about thailand and bangkok, there is a velocity of transactions taking place, and no receipts

Suburban Detroit?

Suburban Detroit?

No.

Recreation land that was valued at over $1500 an acre pre 2008 financial crash.

not many people buying recreational land these days.

I would build another small hotel/guesthouse :)

I have faith in the Russians/Chinese/Indians to visit Phuket if civil war rages in Bangkok...

There will be no civil war in Phuket/south Thailand because everyone seems to be 'yellow' with the exception of one person - me ....

Simon all I can say is that your life has really miraculously turned around over the last two years!! Do I need to elaborate ? Edited by nonthaburial