Overstay Charge

Just thought believe you now get charged 500 baht a day that you overstay. I don't think there there is now a grace period of one 'free' day, so every day is a 500 baht charge. I believe it was raised from 200 baht a day a few weeks ago......

Also, got told some people on a visa run from phuket were pulled over by the police and a few of them were thrown in jail for two days (despite only being one day late on their visa)

More and more reasons to get organised for your next visa run!!

Just thought I'd mention it because as I was reading through the site I noticed the 200 baht a day comment in the overstaying section............

People.

Rule number one DO NOT OVERSTAY, even one day. It is quite true that the visa run buses get pulled, and overstayers removed, jailed and deported.

Yes, the fine is now 500 per day, there has never been a grace period, although you usually get away with a one day overstay at the airport, more than that you get charged for every day including the first.

Maximum fine is still 20,000.

I suggest you read the 'blacklist for overstay' thread, although it now transpires that the 'victim' was actually rather rude to the immigration chap, BIG MISTAKE.