Pattaya Street Shower Installed For Song Kran day

Rimmer

Pattaya Street Shower Installed For Song Kran day

235.jpg
PATTAYA – April 9 2014 [PDN]; at 15.00 Pattayadailynews reporters were notified by the parks and environment department of Pattaya that they were testing a shower on the Northern Pattaya Rd at a length of 500. It has been installed to keep expats cool during song kran day.
56.jpg
The shower system testing drew a lot of attention from both Thais and foreigners. They stopped and took photos. The shower was the idea of Mr Itthipon Khumpleum- the mayor of Pattaya- and Mr.Chaowalit Praditpruek- the head of parks and environment department of Pattaya.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/04/10/pattaya-street-shower-installed-for-song-kran-day/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-04-10

Great idea Mr. Mayor.

I presume that Mr. Itthipon and Mr. Chaowalit were drinking a bottle of Black Label when they came up with this gem of an idea.

So basically you will not be able to walk along Beach Road without getting a soaking and the wet conditions on the road will also slow down the traffic.

Why did they not just make the showers the type that comes on when you pull a chain (the kind seen in most beach resorts worldwide)?

Then they can leave them up all year round so that people leaving the beach can wash off the sand.

• Like 2

the article says

The shower will be available on April 13th and the 19th from 8.00am to 16.00pm.

also

She also added that they will be using the shower system next year and up and coming years.

if the quality is anything like previous beach road attempts, I doubt they will keep working even untill 16.00pm on April 19th 2014

the article says

also

She also added that they will be using the shower system next year and up and coming years.

if the quality is anything like previous beach road attempts, I doubt they will keep working even untill 16.00pm on April 19th 2014

Sorry JOHNG to disagree on your statement. If it keeps working until 4 pm on April 13th then we're all OK!

Would be fun to take a bet on this but I seriously have no intention to leave home as of this weekend until 20th!

And luck has it and I am wrong ........

Why? Why? Why?

They could use those money and install showers every 100 meters at beach road so people who visit the beach could wash their feet, but who am i to critisize Mr Itthipon Khumpleum- the mayor of Pattaya- and Mr.Chaowalit Praditpruek- the head of parks and environment department of Pattaya.

Did they say they installed the showers at Northern Pattaya Rd? Isn´t that where pattaya cityhall is located?

Edited by stockholm1995

On Songkran day you will feel so wet when you get to that shower that you just want a place to dry up. Waste of money.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by balo

Great idea Mr. Mayor.

I presume that Mr. Itthipon and Mr. Chaowalit were drinking a bottle of Black Label when they came up with this gem of an idea.

So basically you will not be able to walk along Beach Road without getting a soaking and the wet conditions on the road will also slow down the traffic.

Why did they not just make the showers the type that comes on when you pull a chain (the kind seen in most beach resorts worldwide)?

Then they can leave them up all year round so that people leaving the beach can wash off the sand.

Hundreds of drunken farangs sitting in bars all along beach road and armed with high-pressure water pistols will ensure this will be happening anyway without the need for any publicly funded showersrolleyes.gif

Edited by Asiantravel

Wow, an unprecedented display of whinging by the old men of Thaivisa.com. Well done chaps, flights go to all your home counties are available daily from Bangkok airports...clap2.gif

Bit harsh. i know it's a time for local celebration but you have to admit that when the Thai government is talking about reducing road deaths during Songkran it doesn't really make sense to put showers along the beach road to spray the cars, motorbikes and drivers.

Very distracting and a slippy road.

And I am not an old man.

Great idea Mr. Mayor.

"So basically you will not be able to walk along Beach Road without getting a soaking and the wet conditions on the road will also slow down the traffic."

Great comment. As the showers are installed on North Pattaya Road they will make no difference to Beach Road. And even if they were on Beach Road you wouldn't be able to walk there without getting soaked anyway, it's Songkran.

Spraying water during Songkrahn is very much like bringing sand to the beach ! ! ! ! ! !

Makes you wonder if those City-Hall chaps have nothing more important to worry about, like:

1. Sidewalks un-approachable

2. Rubbish everywhere

3. Traffic/Advertising signs at 'fore-head levels' abound

4. Bike-Rental Mafia occupying Public Parking areas

5. Jet-Ski Mafia problems

. . . . . and I can go on for another hour or so ! ! ! !

coffee1.gif

Edited by jaapfries

.............and there are thousands of people dying everyday from dirty and contaminated drinking water and millions with no access to clean water.

Yeah, I see them dropping dead from thirst every day on beach road. Not to mention the stench from the rotting bodies as they pile up.

the article says

also

Agreed,by then all the pedestrian crossings will be out of order, the cameras and likely the pavement surface will have been washed away too.

It all sounds like fun in Pattaya but I wonder how soon after Songkran I will be having water rationing.

Great idea Mr. Mayor.

"So basically you will not be able to walk along Beach Road without getting a soaking and the wet conditions on the road will also slow down the traffic."

Great comment. As the showers are installed on North Pattaya Road they will make no difference to Beach Road. And even if they were on Beach Road you wouldn't be able to walk there without getting soaked anyway, it's Songkran.

I may be wrong but those pictures look like Beach Road and not North Pattaya Road and there are cases where you should not get a soaking during Songkran, for instance if you were carrying a small child.

I think that the main problem is that the hoses seem to be pointing towards the road, I'm sure that when a jet of water knocks someone off a motorbike or temporarily obstructs a drivers vision, getting wet for Songkran will be the least of the bike rider's or driver's problems.