International Call Charges Not Appearing On Phone Bill

fisherd3

Just had a printed lawyers letter from CAT relating to unpaid international phone charges made in November 2005 by a tenant using one of the 'bargain numbers' such as 008, threatening blacklisting and goodness knows what else (in Thai).

These calls totalling 204 bht were made by a tenant and have never appeared on any TT&T bill with whom I have a contract and no bill has ever been received from CAT and I have never made a contract with CAT.

So I am lucky it was only 204 bht but it could have been any amount of money and I and anybody else would have no idea that I was liable for such calls without any notice of them being made until six months later.

You can contract out of allowing these calls, if you are a landlord I suggest you think about looking into it.

This is one of the anomalies of the Thai telephone system.

TOT or TT&T bills you for your national calls

CAT sends a seperate bill for International calls.

It is not uncommon for CAT bill to go undelivered,

rather stupid as the Post Office is, or was, part of CAT. :o

A 008... call should appear on your ordinary local bill for that month. (TT&T or TOT bill)

The 001.... you get a separate CAT bill

Strange why would CAT be demanding payment for a 008 call as its not normally billed to them in the first place

or do they have some kind of agreement??

A 008... call should appear on your ordinary local bill for that month. (TT&T or TOT bill)

The 001.... you get a separate CAT bill

Strange why would CAT be demanding payment for a 008 call as its not normally billed to them in the first place

or do they have some kind of agreement??

Sorry, for being imprecise, but it is not possible to tell what prefix was dialed from documentation received this was just an example as explained to my lady by CAT lady when she went to sort it out. Update: lady at CAT told my lady verbally they were 001 numbers.