UK visit visa return of documents

It has been a few years since our last UK visit visa application and at the time we lived in Bangkok so went to pick up the visa personally.

I can't remember if we picked up the application pack at the same time.

We will visit Bangkok for a couple of days to do this application but hope they can send the visa ans passport to us via post.

The issue is that with all the required documents the pack is quite heavy. Will they have to send that plus all original documents such as birth certificates and passports via post or are these returned at vfs during the appointment?

Thanks.

We did our last application in April last year. (I'm not sure if things have changed since then)

You can pay for the passport and documents to be returned by registered post.

We included copies of other important documents such as bank books, tabian baan, chanote's etcetera. and my wife was asked if she wanted to take the originals back at the time of submission. If they don't ask you can request their return

• Like 1

Applied in Feb 2014.

Produced all originals (bank/tabien bahn books, Chanote papers, my passport, wifes new and old passport) along with photocopies of each.

All original papers and books were returned and the photocopies kept

They kept the wifes new and old passport and returned them, along with photo's and other paperwork submitted in the post via special delivery. Think the extra fee for postage was 250baht.

Best wishes TexasRanger with the application.

Boycie

Thank Boycie. Very helpful. Did you just make copies of the stuff you didn't want to leave there or did you make copies of absolutely everything? Ie is it really necessary for me to male copies of all my bank statements.

If you dont want your bank statements returned, just submit them. There's no guarantee that when they send the passport back that all your documents you submitted will be returned too.

So when we went to the photo/copy shop i got them to make us 2 copies of everything, even the photo's.

We submitted 1 batch with the application and kept 1 batch ourselves for future reference. Maybe if there was a problem this time or when reapplying in future years, we've got a file for easy reference.

• 2 weeks later...