Two youths shot near Chaeng Wattana protest site

webfact

Two youths shot near Chaengwattana protest site

BANGKOK: -- Two youths riding on a motorcycle were shot near Chaengwattana protest site of the anti-government protesters Sunday night, one of them seriously injured.

They were shot at shortly after the pillion rider removed traffic cones laid on the road to intercept vehicles entering the protest site.

Both, shot on the back and legs, were admitted to Mongkhutwattana hospital for treatment, said the Erawan emergency centre.

One of the injured youths said he believed guards of the protesters fired at them after he removed the traffic cones laid on the road in order to pass without seeking prior permission from them because they wanted to return home.

The centre said since political violence broke out from November 30 last year until yesterday, a total of 21 people were killed and 741 others injured.

Until yesterday eight people are still remaining in hospitals, it added.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-youths-shot-near-chaengwattana-protest-site/
thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-14

I understand khunbenq in that would b ur response as u r a local thai citizen and therefore are truly unable to c the big picture as it truly is. If u were to go to a country far away and watch and read the news from there u too would have a different view. Ur o ly angry coz this persons viewpoint doesnt agree with urs. Westerners will have a different view naturally. Our culture and upbringing and thinking is not the same as thais. If u go to a western country u too will find there are locals there that will response just as u do fornur home. But u as an outsoder will see things differently because ubr on the outside looking in and u as a thai have a different persective on certain things. But if u r unable to accept other peoples opnions no matter how right or wrong they may b then u urself will always remain in a constant state of blindness to the truth/reality of all the good/bad thjngs happening around. If u want peoole to respect ur opninions then u must do that for them also. It is called being mature

• Like 1

Wow what a couple of tough guys, shooting kids in the back, lets hope that in this case justice is done.

In this case? Only? Yeah I would hope justice is done also for the protestors who were shot at, had grenades fired and thrown on and blown up by bombs by the cowards on the other side. But yeah, we should be selectively in how justice works.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I understand khunbenq in that would b ur response as u r a local thai citizen and therefore are truly unable to c the big picture as it truly is. If u were to go to a country far away and watch and read the news from there u too would have a different view. Ur o ly angry coz this persons viewpoint doesnt agree with urs. Westerners will have a different view naturally. Our culture and upbringing and thinking is not the same as thais. If u go to a western country u too will find there are locals there that will response just as u do fornur home. But u as an outsoder will see things differently because ubr on the outside looking in and u as a thai have a different persective on certain things. But if u r unable to accept other peoples opnions no matter how right or wrong they may b then u urself will always remain in a constant state of blindness to the truth/reality of all the good/bad thjngs happening around. If u want peoole to respect ur opninions then u must do that for them also. It is called being mature

And most who support the PTP ,red shirts on TV , would come from a non democratic back ground and would not have a clue about democracy ,and if they did they should be ashamed of themselves

• Like 1

The riding skill of of most Thai youth I have seen, they can wobble and weave thru a road block, cones are just for practice. This report seems to be from the youth and what they''believe'' and told the emergency center personel. Who did the shooting and from where appears unknown, especially as they were shot in the back .

• Like 1

Jeez, any chance of that in English?

Seconded. Obviously been on the sauce...

• Like 2

Shoot people in the back... I think this could happen many times if their boss takes power.

Yeah maybe it will be like when Thaksin was PM and people were shot dead as examples too. This OP only stated they think the shots came from the guards.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Because in the West we understand common sense not Yellow propaganda. I would think as a Thai you should realize the reason why no one in the world sees it your way is because its "wrong" Chiang Wattana is the central government buildings for Thailand you must be so proud to cause many people hardships. In fact its one big vacation for a lot of those workers and guess who pays for it? "You" Everyday Suthep declares this week is the last week we all sit back and watch our currencies get more baht for the our money. More money for us less for you seems your Thai thinking works pretty good for us Farang.

The ultimate test for naivety is to believe that one can understand someone else's culture because you are outside of that culture and do not understand it.

I also question the assumption the West still retains very much common sense.

Water floods the mouth, as the Thai say.

Edited by rabas

I am glad there were no fatalities and I hope the boys have a speedy recovery.

Such a shame that the PDRC guards are so on edge because of the daily attacks perpetrated against innocent unarmed peaceful protestors. This OP is an example of the stress and worry the PDRC guards must be under from these attacks.

Lets hope the attacks against the peaceful protestors relents so the guards can relax a bit, wind down and join in the Songkran festivities that seem to have swept Lumpini park into a fun, relaxing and watery playground.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

I don't understand how traffic cones could block the way of a scooter.

We dont believe cones would even slow a scooter with 2 kids riding....the kids riding these things can put them anywhere....no...there's more to it, and the journalist that wrote this article should have more nouse....but then again...none of them do!!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And most who support the PTP ,red shirts on TV , would come from a non democratic back ground and would not have a clue about democracy ,and if they did they should be ashamed of themselves

And what world do you live in? Certainly not Thailand or any other counrty of this world.

Jeez, any chance of that in English?

Seconded. Obviously been on the sauce...

Is this what they call text talk? I'm afraid my old brain cannot encompass it. I was looking for the 'Would you like to translate this'?

Shoot people in the back... I think this could happen many times if their boss takes power.

Yeah maybe it will be like when Thaksin was PM and people were shot dead as examples too. This OP only stated they think the shots came from the guards.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If they were moving the cones ( seems unnecessary on a scooter ) so they could enter the protest area, how would the guards have shot them both in the back .

How about they were moving the cones completely out of the way and somebody thought they were the protesters guards and were shot by somebody down the road

• Like 2

........all considered.......I am not buying this 'story'.........

...even if they were not hired by someone........they had no business compromising a high-security zone......

......so something is lacking in this 'report'....

But these guards are so peaceful. Right? One more time they are in the wrong.... WHEN ARE YOU PEOPLE GOING TO STOP THEM FROM KILLING????? These thugs are I guess from the south and maybe connected to the extremeists from there.

Now you are becoming delirious! You should take your medicine !

Let's wait for some definite details instead of throwing round false allegations ?

What a refreshing attitude, I hope all posters take note of this non partisan view with regard to any future incidents that may occur whistling.gif