Hezbollah members arrested in Thailand: report

webfact

Hizbollah is an active supporter of the Russian backed Assad regime and is financed by Iran.

The last time Iranian supported terrorists were caught in Thailand involved the tossing of grenades at people.

As mentioned previously on the thread, interesting to note the presence of Hizbollah and the influx of bogus "refugees" from Syria. I wouldn't be surprised if they were part of a human trafficking ring with funds used to support Hizbollah's ongoing war activities in Syria.

Highly unlikely, Hizbollah would target US or Israeli nationals in Thailand. They know what the consequences would be.

• Like 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the second time that Iranian sponsored foreign nationals have been located in Thailand. The first time Iranians actively taking part in acts of terror against the people and against Thai security forces. A small scale bomb factory was located.

This time, we have Hezboullah members located with a Thai national, one could speculate that mingling in such small groups that the Hezbollah members were providing support in the form of training. Hezbollah is directly funded by the Al Quds forces of Iran, and trained by them.

This leads to the suggestion that Iranian forces and proxy forces are actively supporting and promoting a religious war against Bhuddist Thailand. Would this not be an opportunity for smart Thai political figures to approach both "moderate" Islamic states, and particularly other Buddhist nations within the region and particularly within Asean, to provide training, assistance and smarts to resist. Countries like Indonesia have gone a long way in removing radicals from Java, the national army of the Philippines has had great success in backing some groups into submission - there are many more examples.

It is time for Thailand to communicate that their war is the regions war, and if the war is lost, the region will experience rapid change of which few will appreciate.

Interesting !!!...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Hezbollah are hailed by those who hate the Jewish. The Sunni only side Hezbollah when defending Lebanon other wise the Sunni and Hezbollah are at war even internally inside Lebanon to include Syria, Iraq, Yemen and Bahrain. The Friendly Hezbollah are credited with involvement in the attacks against various US targets such as the Marine barracks in Beruit and Khobar towers to name two very well publicized world events. I guess if a terrorist group doesn't attack you're nationality, or religion then they are not terrorist to YOU, remember people around the world viewed the same of Hitler also. Hopefully the US will stop being the caretaker of the worlds illicit children and and only play in their own back yard. It sure would make this American much more proud of our own government. To hell with the other liberal countries too lazy to defend themselves.

• Like 2

if they were hauled in on something as flimsy as immigration violations, then they were considered "hot"

now, you can take hot, any way you want it, but the US and Israel, will be at war w Iran, and they aren't planning on letting any attacks go unanswered anywhere, and they know where the soft targets are, and they knowo there are enough US targets in Thailand, if they wanted to waste their time with that.

Rather they are probably here living, banking, recruting, arming, trafficking, and arms smuggling,

of course, they also could have come just for the girls

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Amazes me how they arrest all these highly wanted people from other countries, but yet when it comes to their own or a tourist is in need they are deaf dumb and blind.

attachicon.gif910d8d4bc6f43afd8ace2ca753ef097c.png

I think all these arrests of foreigners, must come from tip offs...plus there's likely a bounty involved maybe.

But yes.....why can't they be so diligent with the locals??

I guess by tip offs u mean other agency's ,if so U R right . Thai police , special branch plus secret service couldn't find a brothel in a desert.

Are there many brothels in deserts?. rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

No, only ugly camels.

Hezbollah is considered a terrorist group by Americans (Do you agree with americans? No? then you are half way a terrorist). LOL

Well, I remenber some years ago, when I was in a small Indian Restaurant located in Soy nana, Bangkok, and In the wall was a lot of pictures of Hebollah members and it is quite normal in Thailand.

It means that now Thailand considers Hezbollah a terrorist group? whistling.gif Why?

Could be because it's considered by most to be the terrorist wing of the Iranian government.

What short memories people have.

628x471.jpg

And I doubt you were in an Indian restaurant with pictures of Hezbollah on the wall. More likely Pakistani.

smile.png

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 2

Is it possible they were the 'welcoming committee' for the asylum seeking group of Middle East refugees?

Coordinators and/or organisers? Thailand is such a compassionate place... in need of boosting the actions of its own Southern gentlemen... (?)

Not very likely.

Hezbollah are Shia, most of the Palestinians are Sunni.

The cooperation between Hezbollah and Palestinian terrorist groups is rather tenuous, with healthy mistrust prominent.

Some of the Palestinian refugees in Syria supported Assad, some did not - there were a few internal clashes over this. Not sure which way the group in Thailand leans, but from what I understand these include families and older people too, so no need to be hasty and dub them militants.

Hezbollah is considered a terrorist group by Americans (Do you agree with americans? No? then you are half way a terrorist). LOL

Well, I remenber some years ago, when I was in a small Indian Restaurant located in Soy nana, Bangkok, and In the wall was a lot of pictures of Hebollah members and it is quite normal in Thailand.

It means that now Thailand considers Hezbollah a terrorist group? whistling.gif Why?

And by the EU, Canada, Australia....

Not agreeing with Americans is legitimate, attacking American targets usually isn't deemed as such.

The pictures you've seen may have been of Iranian religious leaders, not very likely Heads of Hezbollah, which got little to do with Indians. Also, in contrast to what you claim - this isn't even remotely normal in Thailand, which is predominantly Sunni. Nor in India as well, where Muslims usually keep a rather low profile when it comes to supporting militant groups.

Nowhere does it say that Thailand considers Hezbollah a terrorist group.

O-k-a-a-y... Arrested for what, exactly? What country were the charges from? Were the two Lebanese arrested on an Interpol red notice? How does the Thai fit in??? Way too many unanswered questions to jump to conclusions.

The BBC report mentions that Thai police were only able to detain ONE person, on immigration breaches. What's happened to the other Lebanese and the Thai?

What would make this interesting is if Hezbollah could be implicated in arming the Southern insurgency. Otherwise it's just a bunch for Isramerican fear-mongering.

(The real terrorists use drones...)

Who says Hezbollah are terrorists? The Zionist media tells us so, The EU has only declared them terrorists recently (under US pressure) for supporting Assad. In fact they are the defenders of Lebanon, who bravely defeated the Israeli invaders of their country. I doubt these men were carrying membership cards. Careful what you read.

Ah...here we go with the "Zionist" theme.

The EU had a non binding stand on the issue since 2005. Supporting Assad and the Burgas attack in Bulgaria (2012) had a lot to do with the current position of the EU. There was some USA pressure, yes, but then again, some of the EU members had firm stand on this before that.

"In fact" is not a fact, but an opinion. The Hezbollah did get some positive support for standing up to the IDF, but also criticism for dragging Lebanon into another round of hostilities. Wouldn't say they are awfully popular in Lebanon right now, what with their support for Assad.

This is the second time that Iranian sponsored foreign nationals have been located in Thailand. The first time Iranians actively taking part in acts of terror against the people and against Thai security forces. A small scale bomb factory was located.

This time, we have Hezboullah members located with a Thai national, one could speculate that mingling in such small groups that the Hezbollah members were providing support in the form of training. Hezbollah is directly funded by the Al Quds forces of Iran, and trained by them.

This leads to the suggestion that Iranian forces and proxy forces are actively supporting and promoting a religious war against Bhuddist Thailand. Would this not be an opportunity for smart Thai political figures to approach both "moderate" Islamic states, and particularly other Buddhist nations within the region and particularly within Asean, to provide training, assistance and smarts to resist. Countries like Indonesia have gone a long way in removing radicals from Java, the national army of the Philippines has had great success in backing some groups into submission - there are many more examples.

It is time for Thailand to communicate that their war is the regions war, and if the war is lost, the region will experience rapid change of which few will appreciate.

Doubtful that Hezbollah presence in Thailand got anything to do with religious was against Buddhists.

The Hezbollah centers its attention on Israeli targets.

Hizbollah is an active supporter of the Russian backed Assad regime and is financed by Iran.

The last time Iranian supported terrorists were caught in Thailand involved the tossing of grenades at people.

As mentioned previously on the thread, interesting to note the presence of Hizbollah and the influx of bogus "refugees" from Syria. I wouldn't be surprised if they were part of a human trafficking ring with funds used to support Hizbollah's ongoing war activities in Syria.

Highly unlikely, Hizbollah would target US or Israeli nationals in Thailand. They know what the consequences would be.

Well, the last time they ought the Iranians, the alleged plot was to attack Israeli targets in Bangkok (and similar arrests/attacks) were carried out in other places at about the same time.

This year, Songkran coincides with the Jewish Passover holiday - quite a few Israeli tourists celebrate in big groups and at Jewish/Israeli centers.

Non-uniformed enemy military. Give them their tribunal .........and then shoot them.

Well, well, well . . . . . (Wouldja jes' re-block that ol' Borsalino of mine ;-? and DHL is to me here in da tropics ?

Hehehe, what (indeed) *do* we have here ;-?

I mean *really* hawker, you people have absolutely no concept of subtlety, now do youse ?

Once pre-prepped as we were back there must we now be ever vigilant for the occasional ant-Islamic cheap-shot from you ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Non-uniformed enemy military. Give them their tribunal .........and then shoot them.

Well, well, well . . . . . (Wouldja jes' re-block that ol' Borsalino of mine ;-? and DHL is to me here in da tropics ?

I mean *really* hawker, you people have absolutely no concept of subtlety, now do youse ?

Once pre-prepped as we were back there must we now be ever vigilant for the occasional ant-Islamic cheap-shot from you ?

Whatever floats your boat der brudda!. Probably more than occasional though... Enjoy.

Whatever floats your boat der brudda!. Probably more than occasional though... Enjoy.

B'lieve it's *your* boat that you you wish to float here.

Is this what they meant three or four years ago when they were going on about "cyber war" ;-?

2.2 trillion and whatever else can be stolen finances a lot of hate.

So easy to spot you guys.

You must be sweating like hell in that outfit just too warm for this latitude.

Better suited for the Caucasus by the looks of it.

Shlm ;-)

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

Hezbollah Thai citizen! This is a good bust. How many more of them exist already in Thailand? A Thai web site dedicated to gathering intelligence. This is a big surprise and welcome news.

this ain't going to work

Hezbollah Thai citizen! This is a good bust. How many more of them exist already in Thailand? A Thai web site dedicated to gathering intelligence. This is a big surprise and welcome news.

The Rohinga people in Myanmar originated from Hezbollah fighters that entered the Country to try and establish a Muslim state when the British vacated about 60 odd years ago. The Burmese Army overcame them. Maybe some of the ideology has been passed to offspring. Some bleeding hearts would like to see Rohinga refugees settled in Thailand.......I would have thought there was enough trouble here already.

What,Thai intelligence or an intelligent Thai website?

I think I just saw Dick Cheney board a plane for Bkk, carrying a waterboard.

Recruiting for Hezbollah or Hamas or whatever should be easy in Thailand. Just wave a 500 baht note around in a crowded market, "Hey, anyone wanna join?! Free travel to exotic foreign countries. You might even get your photo in a newspaper!"

Maybe that Iranian who was denied a visa to the US, can come to Thailand and recruit - to find some aspiring bombers to replace the bunglers - one of whom blew his own legs off.

Ok, sorry, that was in poor taste.

• Like 1

The Rohinga people in Myanmar originated from Hezbollah fighters that entered the Country to try and establish a Muslim state when the British vacated about 60 odd years ago. The Burmese Army overcame them. Maybe some of the ideology has been passed to offspring. Some bleeding hearts would like to see Rohinga refugees settled in Thailand.......I would have thought there was enough trouble here already.

Wot?! Hezbollah been around since mid-80' of the last century. Not to mention the Rohingya are Sunni.

Your right....i got my Muslim groups mixed up.....the Rohingha elders created the Burmese Mujahid (Mujahideen) Hezbollah is mainly based in Lebanon. The Burmese Mujahideen are stiil beleived to be active in Western parts of Myanmar Arakan/Rahine)