Need 400,000 loan....but the bank say cannot.

If this is for a purchase perhaps you could arrange financing? I take it you are not Thai? In that case some asset would normally be required.

If you are asking about the 400k marriage extension of stay requirement there is also a provision for 40k per month income you might be able to use.

If you are a foreigner it could appear to a third party that you might be using son as a proxy owner for yourself so would not expect a bank to want to take a legal chance of that becoming an issue. Even for a Thai spouse to buy property when married to a foreign national requires signing paperwork that money used is not from foreigner. Expect a child could not sign such paperwork.

Lopburi,I sorry,but I no understand.I no want use the name of my son for loan the amount.I want just know why thai bank are so hard to give a loan,when u gave job,condo as security.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 7.5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you need the money so bad, and if you own a car and/or a condo, the faster and easier way to get cash is refinancing by a private lending company. Sometimes you may get a property financing with 50% down payment.

If you need the money so bad, and if you own a car and/or a condo, the faster and easier way to get cash is refinancing by a private lending company. Sometimes you may get a property financing with 50% down payment.

If you need the money so bad, and if you own a car and/or a condo, the faster and easier way to get cash is refinancing by a private lending company. You may get a bank property financing with 50% down payment.

Tayida, Thai banks are really not interested in condos as security. You might be interested to know, that Thai banks consider condos to be highly illiquid, and they do not value them at anywhere close to the market price. Thai banks know very well that condos in Thailand have historically questionable resale value. And they have no desire to spend months trying to liquidate your condo should you fail to pay.

What matters are

1) Your ability to repay the loan. This is a factor of either liquid assets or provable reliable income.

2) The amount of legal authority that can be brought upon you to repay the loan. (As a foreigner, this is problematic for them)

As a foreigner with minimal liquid assets you satisfy neither of those two requirements. And obviously, just because your son is Thai it doesn't mean that you are any more likely to repay the loan or that legal authority can be brought to bear on him to do so.

It makes you a bad risk in their eyes.

Dear mike123ca is illegal for a father to buy a land as a present to his son?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 7.5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The son would not be the legal owner, it would be his legal guardian and since a falang cannot own land (and certainly cannot use the son as a legal work-around to avoid the law) the ownership should default to the mother. If 400k was chump change cash to one's assets then maybe one might want to take on the risk, but to borrow money in order to do so should ring alarm bells as to the ratio of risk assets to one's total wealth, but in circumstances such as these the golden rule is that people listen and then do exactly what they were planning to do anyway. That is the falang in Thailand way.

A friend of mine had 2 million baht in the bank and asked for a 400,000 baht loan to buy some furniture. The bank refused saying they didn't understand why. My friend immediately closed his account.

However the bank lent me 2,500,000 and I only had 40,000 in my account!