Twitter user pulls Al Qaeda terrorist prank on US airline, FBI on alert

webfact

Twitter user pulls Al Qaeda terrorist prank on US airline, FBI on alert

NEW YORK: -- A Twitter user has pulled an al-Qaeda terrorist prank on a US airline and the FBI is sure to be on guard because of the tweet. "Sarah" was playing it out to be an al-Qaeda affiliate determined to "do something really big" in a tweet made out to American Airlines.

The firm made a pledge to get in touch with the FBI as Sarah said she was just a 14-year-old "white girl" and apologized for her stupid joke. Hello my name's Ibrahim and I'm from Afghanistan," Sarah wrote on Sunday, as stated by New York Daily News, then she added, "I'm part of Al Qaida and on June 1st I'm going to do something really big bye."

In a matter of no time, the airline responded to the tweet that sounded like a serious threat to not just the company but the thousands who use its airline to take flights for business or vacation purposes. "Sarah, we take these threats very seriously.

Your IP address and details will be forwarded to security and the FBI," American Airlines said in its tweet back, according to a New York Daily News article. Sarah was posting up on Twitter under the handle @QueenDemetriax_ and without hesitation sent out a couple dozen nervous tweets, confessing that she was just a 14-year-old white girl that was trying to play a joke.

"I'm so sorry I'm scared now." She wrote, then adding in right after, "I was joking and it was my friend not me, take her IP address not mine." The posts eventually went viral through social media sites and her pleas for forgiveness became far more desperate.

Full story: http://voiceofrussia.com/2014_04_15/Twitter-user-pulls-Al-Qaeda-terrorist-prank-on-US-airline-FBI-on-alert-6570/

-- THE VOICE OF RUSSIA 2014-04-15

It was a Dutch girl living in Rotterdam she spent the night in a police cell and was released this morning pending further investigations.

No need. She's just a dumb teenager. Case closed.

If common sense was to prevail this would be the end of it so there's almost zero chance this is the end of it.

• Like 2

"I was joking and it was my friend not me, take her IP address not mine. I'm just a fangirl pls I don't have evil thoughts and plus I'm a white girl,"

First she plays the Joker, then the blame a friend card, then the gender card, then the I'm a little sweety card, then the White priveldge card.

Thatsalottacards.

• Like 2

Once it was confirmed that she is in fact a 14 year old kid, then for goodness sake have a bit of brain power and drop it.

Really silly thing to do, but even if the person in question (a young teenager) doesn't exhibit common sense, does that mean that adults in the form of the authorities (police state) in which she lives have to be a bunch of R-soles as well?

Edited by Greer
  • Like 2

Common sense says that she needs to face the court system. Do some of you think this is actually funny? Do you think that if there are no consequences that a lot of other kids (and adults) won't decide to have a bit of fun and get their name in the paper? And when everyone has become used to it and Abdul the Terrorist sends a twitter, we can ignore him and then criticize everyone for not paying attention.

It's not a joke. She knows it's not a joke or she wouldn't be quite so handy with all the excuses. Especially the 'white girl' excuse.

• Like 1

I don't think anybody is saying hang her high. I certainly only said she should face the court. I am sure the judicial system can ascertain how serious this prank is/was and what, if anything should be done. Maybe take away her mobile phone? Maybe cancel her twitter account? Maybe close her facebook account.... nah, she might get suicidal then.

Update: "A Dutch teen involved in an airline terror hoax that earned her more than 20,000 followers within 12 hours was arrested on Monday, Rotterdam police confirmed. "Dutch girl (14) from Rotterdam arrested after American Airlines threat. Investigation continues," they tweeted."

Her tweet might have inadvertantly attracted people among the 20,000 followers who may be supportive of terrorists acts or are terrorists themselves. Expect a much larger investigative net before this episode is finished.

American Airlines ought to give her an ironic grand prize. Fly her to New York for a visit the 9/11 Memorial museum. Make her sit through several hours of uncensored graphic films of the attack. Then off to a Big Mac meal with boring old Rudy Guliani. Then back on the plane (under heavy armed guard). Fun!

She is just a stupid little girl who has no basic understanding of why her stupid little tweet was so cretinous and not funny. Obviously she cannot be held responsible for her actions.

Nor can her cretinous parents of course, because they have no responsibility for teaching her right from wrong.

Free pass for her, and when she grows up to be a cretinous parent herself, don't blame her kids either.

We all get the society we deserve....