Phetchabury-Coastal area ?

swissie

I used to live in Phetchaburi and Hat Chao Samram beach, which the the nearest to Phetchaburi town centre, is easily the worst beach I have ever visited, and I've visited Blackpool beach in the UK.

However, if you head towards Cha Am there a few nice spots where the beaches are much better and practically deserted. Travel down to Puk Tiean and whilst the beach there isn't really anything to look at (apart from the mythical Thai statues that appear from the sea) there are, like I said some nice spots. The same can be said for the beaches between Cha Am and Hua Hin.

swissie, on 18 Apr 2014 - 16:38, said:

Is in the correct forum. Petchabury=Central.

I know the Cha-Am- Hua Hin bit and it's beaches.

But it's not about Beaches, it's about small fishing villages.

Thanks & Cheers.

Prachuap Khiri Khan (in Central Thailand) is where there are many small fishing villages in and around Cha-Am and Hua Hin and further south towards Prachuap Khiri Khan town.

A nice one is just outside of Prachuap Khiri Khan town near the Royal Thai Air Force Base.

Win facepalm.gif

swissie, on 18 Apr 2014 - 16:38, said:

Is in the correct forum. Petchabury=Central.

I know the Cha-Am- Hua Hin bit and it's beaches.

But it's not about Beaches, it's about small fishing villages.

Thanks & Cheers.

Prachuap Khiri Khan (in Central Thailand) is where there are many small fishing villages in and around Cha-Am and Hua Hin and further south towards Prachuap Khiri Khan town.

A nice one is just outside of Prachuap Khiri Khan town near the Royal Thai Air Force Base.

Win facepalm.gif

Thanks KW. I know the area of Prachuap Khiri Khan. Very nice and romantic, but just too far away from my "home-base". You living in Kancha, I just must ask: What happened to the many Houseboats tied and anchored to the shore downstream of Kancha, that could be rented on a daily, weekly or monthly basis (with electricity, city water etc.). They are gone, only thing left today are a few native bamboo dwellings.

Yes it's true, I like the water. Thanks & cheers.

• Like 1