flying out of bangkok internt'l, do they ask for credit card w eticket

bina

If you book Thai air flight with a credit card you have to present the credit card at the check in. The credit card holder must be the passenger. If I book a flight for my son and I pay with my credit card (online) I have to go to a Thai Airways office

with my passsport and cc present it and sign a document. Thats it and my son can fly without showing the card.

Emirates, Etihad, Air Asia, Bangkok Air, Air Berlin do not ask for a credit card at the check in.

At least in the case of Bangkok Airways, this is not correct. I've had a direct experience where they absolutely insisted on seeing the credit card. It was that or no boarding pass.

I've always been asked to show the credit card by Bkk Air as well.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So will bring with even though wasnt planning on it...and my changed name is in passport. Who would have thought its so complex...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you book Thai air flight with a credit card you have to present the credit card at the check in. The credit card holder must be the passenger. If I book a flight for my son and I pay with my credit card (online) I have to go to a Thai Airways office

with my passsport and cc present it and sign a document. Thats it and my son can fly without showing the card.

Emirates, Etihad, Air Asia, Bangkok Air, Air Berlin do not ask for a credit card at the check in.

At least in the case of Bangkok Airways, this is not correct. I've had a direct experience where they absolutely insisted on seeing the credit card. It was that or no boarding pass.

I've always been asked to show the credit card by Bkk Air as well.

How and with who did you book ?

Yermanee wai.gif

• 3 weeks later...