Tyre shops in Phuket

flip

BQuik in Patong (behind Jungceylon) offers some good deals, but depends if you want tyres Thai manufacture, or Malaysian manufacture, Japanese manufacture, and other areas.

Another place I have often used is in Phuket Town - Mae Luan Road

https://maps.google.com/?t=h&ie=UTF8&ll=7.888173,98.380895&spn=0.006259,0.006899&z=17&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=7.888173,98.380895&panoid=BoltaUuMuyavLbMOErQaOw&cbp=12,16.18,,0,14.91

• Like 1

BQuik in Patong (behind Jungceylon) offers some good deals, but depends if you want tyres Thai manufacture, or Malaysian manufacture, Japanese manufacture, and other areas.

https://maps.google.com/?t=h&ie=UTF8&ll=7.888173,98.380895&spn=0.006259,0.006899&z=17&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=7.888173,98.380895&panoid=BoltaUuMuyavLbMOErQaOw&cbp=12,16.18,,0,14.91

It is a Cockpit franchise, big yellow building across from the 7/11. Ask for POM, Thai lad with decent english. You might also like ask the owner if you can have a look at his two harleys. He paid just over 3 million baht for each one.

I have a few spare tyres , unfortunately round the waist :-)

But agreed bquick or cockpit are your best bet , places all over Phuket.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

ok will check cockpit then... bquick didnt really give me good deals... before was manit center in phuket town, they did really good deals but not anymore... maxxis or so would be ok for me. its an old car which i not really use that often anymore...! thnx a lot

If you have a little bit extra time to spare, there is a very good tyre shop in Khokkloy, a few km past the bridge in Phangnga province. They are very clearly visible on the left hand side just before the crossing with traffic light where you go straight on towards Khao Lak/Takua Pa or turn right towards Phangnga Town/Krabi.

I was pleasantly surprised when though I didn't inquire about special deals, they right away offered me second hand tyres that looked brand new, possibly taken off a car that was wrecked in an accident which didn't affect the tyres. Ended up spending less than half of what I had reckoned I would spend.

Went to the new tyre shop next to Chai Auto sounds on the by-pass a couple of months back, was very happy with the service and price, also the after service(had the tires rotated before a going up to Udon for Songkran), they use nitrogen, first I'd heard of this, they recon it makes a diff and maybe it does, who knows!!

Edited by beechbum

It is a Cockpit franchise, big yellow building across from the 7/11. Ask for POM, Thai lad with decent english. You might also like ask the owner if you can have a look at his two harleys. He paid just over 3 million baht for each one.

Thats nicky's dad that owns the tire shop ( nicky owns Nicky's handlbar rest and bar in Patong, He has some nice americna cars as well :-)

• 8 months later...

What about motorcycle tyres - are there any decent shops in Phuket to buy a set of Pirelli?

I've looked thru the forum and found some reference to a Bike Saloon, but failed to find it ((

On Bypass Rd. I forget the name sorry but it's next door to RMT (Rich Man's Toy) formerly Autoexpress.

Another place is in Kathu on the road going toward tesco bypass. Before the Kajonkiet school.

Has a load of superbikes out front so it's very hard to miss. Again the name escapes me.

What about motorcycle tyres - are there any decent shops in Phuket to buy a set of Pirelli?

I've looked thru the forum and found some reference to a Bike Saloon, but failed to find it ((

Street King tyres. look them up on facebook.