Thai Army dismisses coup rumor

webfact

So here's a wanted criminal, who's tried to shut down the country's capital city for months, who refuses to hand himself over to authorities, shaking hands with and giving/recieving a gift with a high level member of the armed forces.

What a joke of the country.

Please post a link to the picture Thaksin shaking hands, as from you description that must be the person you're talking about.

I can't think of any other wanted criminal who shut down Bangkok for months .

So here's a wanted criminal, who's tried to shut down the country's capital city for months, who refuses to hand himself over to authorities, shaking hands with and giving/recieving a gift with a high level member of the armed forces.

Just come from the moon ?? the country was a joke before Suthep came on the scene, it's government were plundering well before then.

• Like 2

Just get it over with already and coup if you must. Not having a full government for the past half year already shows that Thailand can operate without these bickering fools.

Coup or no coup, just end this Thai checkers game. I didn't say chess game because it requires more brains and strategy.

The government cannot function without a government. Major financial activities such as paying farmers, setting social policy, funding infrastructure, entering into trade or diplomatic agreements cannot be undertaken without the MPS available to vote on the issues. The Ec has refused to allow the government to engage in any activity outside of the bare necessities of maintaining skeleton service.

TRIPE the government should have had the funds ready --if it were anything like functioning before dissolving. Self destructed. DO NOT BLAME OTHERS---baby's game that.

Don't be afraid M and FB, it will turn out OK in the end, your police seem not worried at the minute, in fact they will not be around if there is trouble, hence the reason the army is HAVING to play a double roll.

You have a vast police force in this country but heavy tasks are not their thing, collecting money is their job-----but some police are good --few and far between though.---Judicial Coup--is that all you can come up with to defend the outlaws. If you two were called up for jury service I would hate to be stood in the dock--you couldn't be impartial if you tried.

"you couldn't be impartial if you tried"

Correct...When it comes to substituting Electoral and Parliamentary Democracy with a Civilian Dictatorship....Yup, I'm not impartial..........Are you?

All of this of course, predicated on the fact us Farangs are inconsequential with respect to Thai politics.....but opinionated nevertheless.

To answer you YES I am impartial, just because I argue about bad government does NOT make me a DEM does it--in your mind it does.

If King Kong was in power and did wrong I would voice my dismay. So does that make me a DEM ???

You have never answered questions relevant to bad government actions---always skirted them and blamed anyone that comes to mind.

You would be impartial if you argued about wrong opposition and wrong government. that's impartial.

We all have our thoughts on what is right and wrong BUT we also have a responsibility to PRIORITIZE --and this should start at management level.

About substituting Electoral and Parliamentary Democracy with a Civilian Dictatorship

"To answer you YES I am impartial"

OK, everyone to their own.

You won an election but it wasn't enough was it ??? had to embark on money making projects that was a failure from the start, then started to abuse power, but it backfired didn't it ????????????, the democratically elected government turned out to be a dictatorial government, Parliament started to malfunction, you call that decent.... I have said before follow the money--and this is where we are now, the courts are following up this trillion + baht. ??

No one knows what or who is going to replace this lot, so why say--civilian dictatorship ?? get off cloud nine and take note of the past non democratic government. Elected does not give people the power to run a country to the ground.

Please post a link to the picture Thaksin shaking hands, as from you description that must be the person you're talking about.

Here is the acclaimed "shaking hand's" picture of the coup financier smile.png

coup_collab.jpg

• Like 2

We'll sutep is going to be pleased at all.

No coup tentative dates for elections announced

Doesn't really matter if he claims the scalp of yingluck when the people finally get to vote and I mean if the yellow thugs allow the people to vote unhindered of any party they chose then the PTP will be back in.

Not really going your way oh great peoples medium.

Now can the people of bangkok have their park back.They are not all democrats in bkk and are entitled after all this time to be allowed free and fair access.

• Like 2

OK Have a coup. Then force an election within a short period. Oversee this election, stand by and protect the results. Any violations, instruct the RTP to deal with severely. Something has to be done and i cannot see any other way as the unwanted Dems will just keep on disrupting any election seeing as how they have already got away with it .

OK Have a coup. Then force an election within a short period. Oversee this election, stand by and protect the results. Any violations, instruct the RTP to deal with severely. Something has to be done and i cannot see any other way as the unwanted Dems will just keep on disrupting any election seeing as how they have already got away with it .

Sorry to inform you--the government dug it's own grave.

"Instruct the Royal Thai police to deal with it severely", Just to inform you jobs like this are not near road blocks---sorry

Just come from the moon ?? the country was a joke before Suthep came on the scene, it's government were plundering well before then.

Apart from Sutheps plundering of land whilst deputy PM., what can you really prove, most of it is innuendo's and propaganda created to gain support. Please post definate proof of anybody in last govt guilty of "plundering" We have definate proof of Sutheps plundering. That is why he had to resign from Agricultural Ministry, to avoid empeachment, and now those fools from the south are following him, believing that he will stop what has been going on for generations, with Suthep one of the worst and most corrupt. My own partner from a Suratthani family , adores him, saying that he is 'very sorry for mistakes he make' and will stop any corruption in future. She just cannot believe that Suthep's snout was deepest in the trough whilst deputy PM.

• Like 2

Apart from Sutheps plundering of land whilst deputy PM., what can you really prove, most of it is innuendo's and propaganda created to gain support. Please post definate proof of anybody in last govt guilty of "plundering" We have definate proof of Sutheps plundering. That is why he had to resign from Agricultural Ministry, to avoid empeachment, and now those fools from the south are following him, believing that he will stop what has been going on for generations, with Suthep one of the worst and most corrupt. My own partner from a Suratthani family , adores him, saying that he is 'very sorry for mistakes he make' and will stop any corruption in future. She just cannot believe that Suthep's snout was deepest in the trough whilst deputy PM.

Another history lesson from a cut and paste guru.

• Like 1

"Instruct the Royal Thai police to deal with it severely", Just to inform you jobs like this are not near road blocks---sorry

With the RTA in control, the RTP would have to do as told. Any new govt., voted in would have to be allowed the full term, if the Dems cannot go along with this, disband them. Because that is all they are worth. Just a lot of junkyard crap.

Ha Ha Ha ..........truth hurts, does'nt it. Especially when there is no way around it.

With the RTA in control, the RTP would have to do as told. Any new govt., voted in would have to be allowed the full term, if the Dems cannot go along with this, disband them. Because that is all they are worth. Just a lot of junkyard crap.

Another ha-roi Baht post.

Ha Ha Ha ..........truth hurts, does'nt it. Especially when there is no way around it.

oooppps Sorry for a moment I thought I was on the wrong topic when I read your saga of Suthep, hatred for him and not for this sorry state of a government, Plundering has many meanings and the courts will work their way through the mess ---follow the rice money---old sailor-- one for starters, Water management accounts another, the past we cannot do to much about only learn from it. So here we have a situation created by an elected government, not ruined by Suthep WAKEY wakey.

Old sailor why not start talking about another thing from the past, Thaksin land deal ---airport scandals---shin-taxes---better not speak unless you want to speak about all.

I am quite aware of who has gained so much from either side in the distant past---but we are talking about self inflicted wounds PTP.

Will this do? Taken in Cambodia.

tsd.jpg

Are you missing a chair from your room ???

No government should ever be allowed a full term if they violate the democracy. Maybe this is why this party at the end of the day may have to be disbanded .

And being only a critic of the party that lost control. The Dems lost in the last election not thrown out like your lot the last 3 times ?? why are they junkyard crap when they left office the country was functioning fairly well, and not near bankrupt like this lot.

The Dem's don't ask for much. All they want to be allowed to do is campaign in the North and northeast without violence against them. The police do nothing. Haven't we already seen anti government protestors being killed without any police action? What has Chalerm done? What has Tharit done?

Seriously, is this what you call democracy?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Will this do? Taken in Cambodia.

tsd.jpg

Pictures tell more than a thousand words biggrin.png , ooooh photoshop right???? Time to get a grip 5roi wacko's, curtains 4u soon clap2.gif .

translation: we would love to but we don't have enough support within to pull it off. instead, and behind the scenes, we will put our weight behind a judicial coup. for the people of course *cough cough*

"...we don't have enough support within to pull it off"

Also, could it be they are afraid?.......There is a lot of posturing going on amongst the various elements of these 'coup advocates"........ Including this military, pretending they are engaged in security stuff, when in fact they are active participants........The anti-coup people claim that besides mainly southerners, Lumpini is a military thing.

All this posturing and noise does not seem to be translating into action......Before 2006, they would already have pulled the coup-trigger.......now there seems to be fearful and worried discussions going on I think......worried about going back, but fearful to move forward.

Smart people........They have every reason to be fearful and worried......Ya don't throw Electoral and Parliamentary Democracy overboard, and set up a "civilian Dictatorship' every day...Especially up against an electoral majority.........advancing the interests of a political minority is not without risk.

Their notions of smoke and subtlety using their user-friendly judiciary and Ind. Org's is also 'plain as the nose on their face'....No amount of characterizing those who see through this facade and resist it, as being unlawful, holds any water when an entire electoral majority is doing it.....It is one thing to accuse a limited number for not buying into the attempt to normalize the abnormal, but when it is millions....A problem.

Poor babies!

Maybe their finger isn't on the coup trigger? Just because you keep on about it and claim everyone who doesn't support Thaksin, Yingluck and PTP is a coup monger or coup advocate doesn't make it true. Are you hoping if you keep saying it long enough it will happen eventually and prove you right?

If the military are so scared and lacking in support why doesn't the caretaker government make sure the are investigated for the killings in 2010? They promised justice and so did the redshirt leadership but nothing has been done. Why is that do you think. I have my own ideas.

Thaksin is planning to get an amnesty and then come back and make Thailand a one party state.

No proof of that of course but it could happen and unsubstantiated rumour seems to be what you like so I thought I'd make a contribution.

"Thailand's armed forces chief on Friday dismissed rumors that the Royal Thai Army has planned a coup d'etat against the government, saying that such an act would not benefit the nation.

Thai Armed Forces Supreme Commander Gen. Ruengroj Mahasaranond said the rumors regarding a military coup which have spread since early this year were groundless, entirely unsubstantiated, and that the media reporting on them has been misled by some ordinary military exercises that gave them the wrong idea.

"Don't listen to those rumors but listen to me," Gen. Ruengroj was quoted by the official Thai News Agency as saying. "The military will not do a coup d'etat because the country will suffer. " July 22 2006

Two months later what happened? There was a coup. The louder that the Thai military denies that is planning a coup the more likely that one is imminent. The Thai army only has itself to blame if it lacks credibility.

Very true but if they're not planning a coup what should they say? If they say nothing some will say they won't deny it because it's true.

They can't win really.