Yingluck seeks Constitutional Court's extension of deadline for defending herself

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See the biggest problem with the fanatical yellow shirts on here is they see a headline on here from the nation and they are all over like a seagull on a hot chip!

Lets not let the law get in the way of a good political hanging.

Yet when the supreme peoples medium thumbs his nose at the courts not a problem.Or when he denies the people the rite to vote not only reds the yellows but all parties.

I thought guilty until proven innocent.

Plenty of judge Roy beans on here!

• Like 2

"The court has yet to consider whether to approve the request."

Seems the court is no hurry either.

Sign of backroom negotiations closing in on a deal?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

She requests an extension on the day she is due in Court to defend herself . . . and hasn't even gone herself . . . just sent the Lawyers along . . . again . . . I think this would be contempt of Court in most other countries.

It might well be, in fact it's probably a stoning offence somewhere, but this is Thailand and even though her name ends in Shinawatra, the judiciary haven't quite stooped that low, ..............................yet.

So your saying that if a court (anywhere in the world) charges someone with contempt of court then that would be a low action.

Suggest you rethink the concepts of 'equal application of the law' / 'total respect for the law'.

I suggest you come back with a link stating that she has been charged with contempt of court and then we'll have something to talk about. In the meantime it's just all hot air.

Hot air started by fab4.

She requests an extension on the day she is due in Court to defend herself . . . and hasn't even gone herself . . . just sent the Lawyers along . . . again . . . I think this would be contempt of Court in most other countries.

It might well be, in fact it's probably a stoning offence somewhere, but this is Thailand and even though her name ends in Shinawatra, the judiciary haven't quite stooped that low, ..............................yet.

No???

When some years back the highest court in the land ruled that a certain person made 'An honest mistake'..

Which accounts for the mess that Thailand's poor are in.

• Like 1

Why do the courts allow this nonsense! Maybe in Yingluck's Defence, her case is at the early stages and she gas a little latitude. There are cases I know, mine and others, where the cases have been adjourned again and again and again and again. Any excuse will do. Wanna change the lawyer, didn't get the paper, didn't understand, wanna change the lawyer (again), lawyer busy being a politician, sick, stuck in a flood, didn't know, didn't turn up and can't db bothered because lawyer asked for adjournment which the court should just grant, didn't realize had to attend - believe me you would never get away with it anywhere else.

The court will let the lawyers, all of those I have come across (which is plenty) have been variously, unprofessional, unethical, deceitful, ignorant and downright criminal, decide when they would like the next hearing - in three months 'oh no I'm busy, he's busy, we're busy let's make it six - ok - meanwhile the thieves are getting away with everything. Mad! What is that! It is a nonsense, that's what!

Since when was a court the servant of the lawyers. The judges need to get some cahones or some better procedure rules, or something, and take control.

All I see is whinging, that Thais are so good at for some reason, a trait exploited beyond all reason in the courts with excuses you would never dare try at junior school, pandering to lawyers who to be honest would have difficulty staying in the legal aid system in other countries they are so incompetent and worse. It is truly pathetic. And the truly sad thing is they all think they are so brilliant!

Some priceless comments by the yellow shirt mob!

Truly enlightening !

Thanks

I'm glad that you have a good time on tv, so do I because I have always a good laugh at your posting.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Fair enough too.

The whole charge is a technicality. Every single government in every single country moves loyalists into key positions in the civil service when they take office. And they shift the oppositions loyalists out. Strictly speaking they're not supposed to, but they do. No other way to govern. And while of course there is no evidence that Mr. Thawil would have misused his office to undermine the new government, his actions at this point suggest that it would have been reasonable at the time to suspect he might.

But, PT stuffed it up and accidentally picked someone who used to be related by marriage to the PM - opening the door to a ridiculous corruption charge that the we-hate-the-populists court was able to jump on. As if setting some turkey up with a cushy job is the level at which the Shinawatra family operate! Even if you do believe they are pure evil, it's a ludicrous suggestion.

So even though everybody knows what happened - that he was replaced for the same political reasons for which he was appointed - we proceed.

They might get her on this one. Or they might just be too embarrassed to go through with it. But hey, they ruled that the conflict of interest generated by Samuk moonlighting as a cooking show host was just too dangerous a situation to allow. Seriously, from wikipedia:

The spirit of this Constitution is to prevent against the conflict of interest which may cause the condition of misconduct—the condition compelled to choose between self-interest and public interest—to be occurred. Should a holder of the position offered by the public be mindful on his own interest beyond the public interest, he could conduct an abuse of his power.

By persecuting the hosts of rival cooking shows? Or is that the decisions that he made as PM were largely informed by his desire not to lose the 80K/month salary that he may or may not have been earning? For Pete's sake...

Edited by cocopops

Two things need to happen to settle this all out, "No Luck" needs to resign. Failing that the Army needs to finish what the started with her brother and botched.

Of course I am a guess here and they do not care what I think. Just pay the 7% VAT and bring more money to LOS. This biggest screw job here is the VAT Tax for purchasing a car here.

I have lived here for 10 years and made a lot of peoples lives better for my having been here. I have helped send four Thais through college. I am now sending my Step Son through Electrical Engineering.

I want all Thais to have a better life, but corruption needs to brought under control, it is a Cancer !!

Enough, Jerry

Two things need to happen to settle this all out, "No Luck" needs to resign. Failing that the Army needs to finish what the started with her brother and botched.

Of course I am a guess here and they do not care what I think. Just pay the 7% VAT and bring more money to LOS. This biggest screw job here is the VAT Tax for purchasing a car here.

I have lived here for 10 years and made a lot of peoples lives better for my having been here. I have helped send four Thais through college. I am now sending my Step Son through Electrical Engineering.

I want all Thais to have a better life, but corruption needs to brought under control, it is a Cancer !!

Enough, Jerry

can't really defend yourself against a judicial coup... maybe if your lucky you could delay it.

PTP's answer to a court case where the decision might go against their wishes (nothing to do with right or wrong or the law) :

A CAPO COUP!

The first government to be ruled via Skype by a convicted criminal fugitive. But still breaking the laws and rules as before and then complaining when caught that they can't simply lie or cheat their way out.

Now they hope to be the first government to establish government by CAPO Coup! Wow, so innovative.