Where To Buy Genuine Windows 7 In Thailand?

davejones23

The machines sold in the UK are not the same that are sold in Thailand..... what is wrong with this man? Going back to me asking the exact model numbers. The Driver compatibility is but one issue.

Starting to see how you've just wasted time by being belligerent? Ignorance might be bliss, but not on a Tech forum.

What is wrong with you? I have already spoken to Dell in Thailand. I will buy a laptop when I get to Bangkok next week. I don't need your help, so no need to offer it. I have everything sorted out to my satisfaction. It might not suit you, but that's your problem. Deal with it.

Also, shops in Thailand already successfully install Windows on the laptops with Linux. It's not an issue, so stop pretending it is.

*Where's the ignore button? No-one's asking you to read or contribute to this thread. So just ignore it. You don't need a button. Or are you incapable of doing something so simple? Maybe you have some psychological issues that need resolving.

So I'll tell you once again. I have all the info I need, so no need for any more input from you.

Windows 7? Specifically on the laptops that you chose? Did you see them with all of the Drivers and Applications installed? But actually, that wasn't the main issue...of which you remain ignorant.

*Found it. You are gone. It is useful in the case of you asking something else in the future and me forgetting what a timewaster you can be.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu
  • Like 1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing worse than a techie who thinks his sage words of wisdom are being ignored laugh.png

From the Sustento 'Book of Wisdom' or just a steaming pile of made up nonsense?

No - from your performance on this very thread cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Ha ha... Windows (operating system). Makes people productive. Evidence above. Must be hard with all the "activation" etc. stuff to keep you in the "legal" side thumbsup.gif

Actually i recently put windows on my new macbook air and my productivity went up a lot. Mac is not for everyone and certainly not as good as you think it is. I just read about a guy loosing all he had because he had a virus (mac guys always say there are no mac viruses).

Anyway complaining over windows...sure before 7 mac might have had an edge.. its gone now.

For the OP buy an OEM at invade it and format the hard-drive you want to install windows on and you will be fine.

Remember you can only use an OEM if there is no other windows operating system on the computer you cant use it as an upgrade.

• Like 1

Anyway, anybody who is hell bent on buying Dell is not over endowed with brains anyway, the OP has ignored good advice, get an OEM version and move on, PLEASE !!!

Dell has provided the best tech support of all the laptops I've bought. I don't know any other laptop manufacturer that provides the same level of service as Dell. Sony, for example, wanted to keep my laptop for two weeks to do a 2-3 hour fix. I bought my last Dell in UK, but still got an engineer to come out next day in Bangkok to fix it. I have never had such good service, so that's why I want a Dell. I need next business day onsite worldwide support. If you know another manufacturer that offers this then let me know and I'll take a look at their laptops.

I do plan to get an OEM version, so no idea why you are telling me that. If you were able to read and comprehend English you'd know that everything is now sorted. So where do you want me to move on to? You make no sense at all.

Edited by davejones23

Ha ha... Windows (operating system). Makes people productive. Evidence above. Must be hard with all the "activation" etc. stuff to keep you in the "legal" side thumbsup.gif

Actually i recently put windows on my new macbook air and my productivity went up a lot. Mac is not for everyone and certainly not as good as you think it is. I just read about a guy loosing all he had because he had a virus (mac guys always say there are no mac viruses).

Anyway complaining over windows...sure before 7 mac might have had an edge.. its gone now.

For the OP buy an OEM at invade it and format the hard-drive you want to install windows on and you will be fine.

Remember you can only use an OEM if there is no other windows operating system on the computer you cant use it as an upgrade.

If he lost his files it's not due to OS. That happens a lot with Windoze too. Backup, backup and backup. With Mac it's very easy with TimeMachine. Whats even easier is to recover from even a total f**kup (or hard drive failure). I have antivirus on my Mac. This thread is about Windows "activation feature"tongue.png which seems to prevent this guy from getting a "legal" version of his OS. I think it's way easier in Mac to deal with this "feature" rolleyes.gif I'm 110% happy that I have switched over to a Mac and I wish I had done it years earlier.

/Rant over.

Edited by FinChin67

If he lost his files it's not due to OS. That happens a lot with Windoze too. Backup, backup and backup. With Mac it's very easy with TimeMachine. Whats even easier is to recover from even a total f**kup (or hard drive failure). I have antivirus on my Mac. This thread is about Windows "activation feature"tongue.png which seems to prevent this guy from getting a "legal" version of his OS. I think it's way easier in Mac to deal with this "feature" rolleyes.gif I'm 110% happy that I have switched over to a Mac and I wish I had done it years earlier.

/Rant over.

No no never the fault of the mac of course not and everything always the fault of windows. Funny those mac users. As i said tried the mac bought one.. perfect design and even better with windows on it. Had an iphone.. gave it to the gf as you cant even put songs straight on it or add extra memory. Mac.. hahahahaha.

But activating windows is easy and getting a windows also. Many have suggested buy at Invade IT. That is where i got the windows 8.1 that runs my macbook air now, but they still sell windows 7 there too.

I am waiting for them to deliver a windows 8.1 pro for my desktop currently windows 7 on it. Getting a legal windows is not hard at all. You can even go into the IT mall and get it there.

My last post - because this discussion is getting stupid.

Mac vs. Windows - Some prefer Mac and some prefer Windows. Which is better depends on the individual and how they work. One is not better than the other for everyone in all situations.

My problem here is not a Windows issue. It's more an issue of me being in a small town and not being able to find genuine software. The same is often true in Thailand for many types of software. So really a small town Thailand issue.

Not going to follow this thread any longer, so have fin debating, bitching, ranting. But some on here need to get a life and one in particular (you know who you are) needs to get psychological help urgently.

Bye.

• Like 1

Mac vs. Windows - Some prefer Mac and some prefer Windows. Which is better depends on the individual and how they work. One is not better than the other for everyone in all situations.

My problem here is not a Windows issue. It's more an issue of me being in a small town and not being able to find genuine software. The same is often true in Thailand for many types of software. So really a small town Thailand issue.

Not going to follow this thread any longer, so have fin debating, bitching, ranting. But some on here need to get a life and one in particular (you know who you are) needs to get psychological help urgently.

Bye.

Just buy it online.. i sometimes forget not everyone lives in BKK.

Seriously Invade IT has it all and its prices are not too bad. Good service too. If you have a Thai bank its so easy.

Bye.

Hello All, The Mac store at The Mall Korat has some MS Windows S/W(8 & 8.1), you might be able to source it through a near(far) by iBeat or other Mac retail store.

rice555

Bye.

Go to JIB in Pantip Plaza in Bkk. They have a yellow sheet of paper taped to the counter that has prices for everything they sell. Bring your glasses. The point size is about a 6

The Windows 7 pro 64 bit is 5250bt It's a legal version. I've purchased two of them from JIB, and I'm a difficult customer, just ask my wife!

Make certain when you get your computer that the salesman INSTALLS the operating system RIGHT THERE. Watch every move he makes! Driver compatibility is the issue. They will tell you that the computer can operate both systems, but it's a lie. TIT

If you are still hunting a computer JIB has a little catalog with better pricing inside than they have tagged on the computers. Look for it.

Edited by roguewo

I see real Genuine Windows OS advertised in many, many, many shops.

Honestly, it can't be that challenging.

There is a pinned topic re: on-line retailers which should help. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/61857-on-line-computerelectronic-stores/

Most/all of these shops also have a physical presence in many/most malls

http://www.itcityonline.com/shop/index.php?id_category=50&controller=category&id_lang=7

http://www.invadeit.co.th/category/operating-systems-windows/

http://www.jib.co.th/web/index.php/product/listCategory/2/1093/0/index.html

Yea, just yesterday I was walking around an ITCity and BananaIT store here in western Bangkok and both had genuine Win 7 and Win 8/8.1 versions, to include the Pro versions. And in one of those two mentioned stores they were also selling MS Office 365 (English). Back in Dec 13 I bought my geninue Win 8.1 at BananaIT for around Bt3490.