Yamaha Tricity

ttakata

Good news!

Now two different accessory seats are available. Both cost only 1,900 THB what was a huge suprice for me. In my country it is more then 200 Euro.

One seat is the same like before, but I am still not sure if it only looks little bit different then stock seat, or it is really more comfortable. Guy in Yamaha square also doesen't know. Second seat is completly different, looks like designed for long trips. Anybody bought it already? They don't have it on stock, I have to order seat, wait 3 days and buy. It is impossible to try it before buying :/.

I can't link directly, but here it is: http://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/2014/accessories/listing/tri-city/24

Zrzut%20ekranu%202015-06-29%20o%2017.58.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to find a dealer who stocks the ABS edition of the Tricity. I'm about 90 kilometers out from Bangkok. Made calls to local and a couple of Bangkok Yamaha dealers and no luck. No stock and no one knows the price nor seems to want to go to the trouble of finding out the price. Amazing.

Anyone know of a dealer in Bangkok that might stock the new ABS edition or will I have to order?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I like bell bottom pants but I missed that decade so I never wore them.

I'm more embarrased by the tennis shorts with tall socks I wore as a kid.

john-mcenroe.jpg

Anyway I was bored so I got my bike a taller windscreeen from Likit Scooter on Prasert Manukich.

They have a pretty cool shop, especially if you like Vespas.

http://www.likitscooter.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=539744448

I was told it is polycarbonate, but it was only 1200 baht so I am skeptical.

It definitely deflects more air but I'm not sure if it creates or reduces turbulence.

It was a pain to install with the fairing mirrors so I'm going to leave it on for now.

2014-07-11082443.jpg

2014-07-11082435.jpg

Ugly or not, the more I ride this bike, the more I appreciate it.

I've hit some nasty bumps and potholes but I don't know about it until the rear wheel goes over it so there is almost no danger.

I simply don't need to pay attention to road conditions as much as I used to which is what attracted me to this bike in the first place.

Now I am experimenting taking turns with only one hand since bump steer should be nonexistent.

Hi there,

Wondering if megaparts.com is a good online parts and accessories retailer. I just got a Tricity too and i am looking to get a windscreen as well.

Thanks for the help

I just wonder how steering work in this bike , I mean when you push (countersteer) left its lean left and turn left or It's steer like car?

Looking at some youtube videos, it appears to countersteer and is very stable, however it is an ugly looking thing, no way would I buy one. They have been selling a few here in Chiang Mai, but if you look at the losses for the resell second hand value, no one seems to want them. More of a novelty than a bike.

I cannot understand why Yamaha would put something like this into mass production, it is more of a "concept" bike, it will never take off, a bike is a bike a scooter is a scooter a car is a car, this thing just does not fit in.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wonder how steering work in this bike , I mean when you push (countersteer) left its lean left and turn left or It's steer like car?

Looking at some youtube videos, it appears to countersteer and is very stable, however it is an ugly looking thing, no way would I buy one. They have been selling a few here in Chiang Mai, but if you look at the losses for the resell second hand value, no one seems to want them. More of a novelty than a bike.

I cannot understand why Yamaha would put something like this into mass production, it is more of a "concept" bike, it will never take off, a bike is a bike a scooter is a scooter a car is a car, this thing just does not fit in.

You'd need to see how the sales are in Europe to see why Yamaha produces them.

Your final argument would have us all on horses or in buggies

I hired one for a day .Found it underpowered ,with a noisey whiney engine ,and very heavy to manhandel in a car park etc .My PCX 150 or even my old PCX125 are far better in every way .If i lived back in Europe though i would buy one or similar for winter riding .It does look well built ,but has a lot of weight for that 125 cc engine to handel .In Thailand i do not see the point of it .Very few of them up here in Chiang Mai .Not selling anything like the Honda PCX

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

New Experience

I just changed the original shocks with YSS ones I bought from Bikerzbits. Bikerzbits did a very good and

fast service, I can recommend. The shocks cost me mounted about 5000BHT

But it is worth it, the riding is like day and night, so much more stiff and safe, I should have done it

already longtime ago. My Tricity has 10000km on the odometer and I have to say the motor

now seems to be delivering best power. Acceleration up to 80kkmh is fantastic for a 125ccm machine

with that weight. Topspeed is not more than 90kmh (only in very good conditions), but I do not need more.

I am still happy with the motorcycle.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Friends.

I own this Motorbike since a month.

I love the performance, and road grip. No need worry on slippery roads, and mixed sand.

you can also try this on off road. weight is reasonable.

I enjoyed with this, and i want to shift to a car. and i would like to sell this with reduced price of 6000 baht.

Its just run 500 kms. DELETED PM for details

Available at Bangkok and Petchaburi

I enjoyed with this, and i want to shift to a car. and i would like to sell this with reduced price of 6000 baht.

Its just run 500 kms.

only 6000 baht are you sure ??????

Not likely.

I will have it for 6000

Me thinks it should be 60,000 which is 54,000 more than I'm willing to pay.

125cc and wouldn't self stand, always doomed to fail simply because of those.

Shame really.

They should try again with the 155cc engine of the N Max.

The idea is good. Especially in a region full of idiots people that take their children on their scooters every day.

Archived