Chalerm: Suspected 'Hezbollah' to be sent back to Lebanon

webfact

But international terrorists need somewhere to go for their holidays too.....given the number of empty hotel rooms on Thailand they could have let then stay a few nights and spend some dough...would've helped the economy. Anyway, I thought that international law was to arrest all terrorist suspects and send them to the American base in Guantanamo Bay for interrogation and to be found guilty.

The Iranians arrested last time had their trial in Thailand, in accordance with Thai law, and as far as I'm aware are still in a Thai prison. The ones that escaped either remain at large or were not extradited.

Don't let that stand in way of some good old fashioned hyperbole USA bashing.

Where is the US bashing ?..are you denying that the US has a jail for suspected terrorists on Guantanamo ?

Are you denying that other countries other than the US have had terror suspects put in this US facility ?

Are you denying the US used torture to extract confessions from suspected terrorists ?

Please advise which bit is US bashing ?

Not denying at all.

Just that there's no "international law to arrest all terrorist suspects and send them to the American base in Guantanamo Bay for interrogation and to be found guilty".

Also, it would be naive to believe other countries (I'd say, even most) do not operate similar facilities. Guantanamo, at least for a few years now, is more under public eye than other places.

Last time Thailand was asked to extradite a high profile prisoner to the USA, it took quite a while to go through, not as if they were eager. No special reason to believe this time would be any different, nor is the USA mentioned as overly involved.

Just for my general information which I couldn't get on the web search. Why's the Deputy Commissioner of Police wearing different rank on each shoulder? I've never seen such thing in other countries! Is Thailand's unique in this respect? My thanks in advance to anyone who can clarify things for me.