Transport options from Don Mueang when arriving at 2am?

I'm afraid your only option to fork out for a taxi as not much in a way of busses, vans or trains

are available at this hour of the night, a taxi to where you want to go will set you back about

200-250 baht...

• Like 2

metered taxi only methinks.. watch out for the non metered guys - I had a big problem a few years ago with non metered taxi at Don Muang with the thai wife coming back from Phuket - guy didn;'t have his meter on and we jumped in 100 bt we thought but he wanted 400 bt to go over to Future park...like a 10 minute drive or less ... anyway he slammed on the gas and hit the brakes like 3 times all in the airport road - obviuolsy a problem with drugs or something .. we finally got out - wife gets the cops - we wait - the cops find the guy still in the airport ... he gets a 500 bt fine - the wife wanted his head on a platter... anyway - hour and half later we get the 100 bt taxi to Rangsit...but at 2 am or whatever make sure you get a meter guy - no official good taxi line up at Don muang I think still as of now like Suanapum has...

metered taxi only methinks.. watch out for the non metered guys - I had a big problem a few years ago with non metered taxi at Don Muang with the thai wife coming back from Phuket - guy didn;'t have his meter on and we jumped in 100 bt we thought but he wanted 400 bt to go over to Future park...like a 10 minute drive or less ... anyway he slammed on the gas and hit the brakes like 3 times all in the airport road - obviuolsy a problem with drugs or something .. we finally got out - wife gets the cops - we wait - the cops find the guy still in the airport ... he gets a 500 bt fine - the wife wanted his head on a platter... anyway - hour and half later we get the 100 bt taxi to Rangsit...but at 2 am or whatever make sure you get a meter guy - no official good taxi line up at Don muang I think still as of now like Suanapum has...

You will have problems getting a metered taxi as they blatantly charge you what they want, although it is against the law, good luck anyway

You will have problems getting a metered taxi as they blatantly charge you what they want, although it is against the law, good luck anyway

BS

• Like 2

Update. Arrived around 02:30 this morning, airport almost dead at that time.

Pretty much first off the flight and out the doors, plenty of taxis waiting at the rank.

DMK to Suk 71/Prakhanong cost just on 300 baht meter plus the 50 baht airport taxi fee. Quick trip, didn't need tollways, home safe, meter went on without needing to ask.

Thanks to the helpful responses above.

• Like 1