• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 36

60 Minutes blasted after replacing harris word salad…

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 45

Reasons of change

5. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

6. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 45

Reasons of change

9. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

10. 45

Reasons of change

11. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

12. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

13. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

I'm interested in starting a business in Thailand

Simple rule in Thailand:

"To make a small fortune, start with a large one"

How droll...

How true in most cases ...

Tell that to the Swiss (?) guy in Koh Samui who owns the Ark Bar in Chaweng and has two Lamborghinis and an Evoque parked outside whistling.gif

RAZZ

Simple rule in Thailand:

How droll...

Tell that to the Swiss (?) guy in Koh Samui who owns the Ark Bar in Chaweng and has two Lamborghinis and an Evoque parked outside whistling.gif

RAZZ

No doubt most think he must have started with 5 lambos and a couple of Ferraris to boot..

Simple rule in Thailand:

How droll...

RAZZ

I did say "most" cases lol ... there's always an exception or two. But ignore me then, come here, start the business, get rich and prove me wrong, no skin off my nose :) ... well done if you can do it.

Simple rule in Thailand:

How droll...

RAZZ

No doubt most think he must have started with 5 lambos and a couple of Ferraris to boot..

If the guy has done it by starting and running a business in Thailand, good for him, but I think he's going to be well into the minority who do make a fortune here.

Simple rule in Thailand:

How droll...

RAZZ

If the guy has done it by starting and running a business in Thailand, good for him, but I think he's going to be well into the minority who do make a fortune here.

People that make a 'fortune' out of their businesses as opposed to a good living...are a minority in most countries.

If you have never been to Thailand you need to spend time over here before you make any decesions otherwise it would be like jumping into water not knowing if its 6 inches or 60 feet deep. Need to hire a lawyer who is well versed in business law that could let you know what your in for as far as laws, regulations. I hear Mynamar(Burma) Viet_nam Cambodia are better less resticted business oportunities.

Simple rule in Thailand:

How droll...

RAZZ

People that make a 'fortune' out of their businesses as opposed to a good living...are a minority in most countries.

Given the actual cost of those imported luxury cars mentioned earlier, and assuming he's bought it all from money made in Thailand, then I'd hazard a guess that the guy has at the very least a "small" fortune as opposed to "a good living".

Simple rule in Thailand:

How droll...

RAZZ

Given the actual cost of those imported luxury cars mentioned earlier, and assuming he's bought it all from money made in Thailand, then I'd hazard a guess that the guy has at the very least a "small" fortune as opposed to "a good living".

oh you no unnerstan

These guys who have these luxury cars made there money back home. Not in Thailand. And not by starting a restaurant or nightclub from scratch. It cost money to make money. To the OP. Do the research that is need to achieve your goals in your business. I hope you do well.

Thanks for all the information, and of course, being honest about it. Kind of annoying. In Japan, I had a friend who opened a bar for $2,000. But after the curfew took hold for US soldiers, places were getting shut down left and right. I'm pretty good at networking, so I'll see what I can come up with, but I'll definitely take what everyone said into consideration. I will probably come up with something other than a bar as well. I will be going over to Bangkok this summer to get some dental work done, so I'll keep my eyes open.

how will these rules change with Asean in 2015 ?

could you work legally for a Singapore company in Thailand

can someone from Singapore etc legally start a business in Thailand and hire you ?

or will all the countries put so many roadblocks in the way that it will only be "free trade" on paper !

What is a good investment, how long will it takes to get back your capital and how much can you make from your investment? this are few question you need to find the answer before you really considering putting in your money. I've invested 2 million in Thailand doing agriculture products and because of the rules, the people thinking, the country political problems and etc.. I couldn't even make anything to regain my capital after a year and have no choice but to close the business down. The worst thing is that not easy to even ending your business once you started one here. I'm lucky someone introduced me to an investment that is now giving me a returned of 12% monthly without worrying on whether I can sell or not, what is my next move, how much I need to take out to buy stock and etc. It is depend on how much you want out of your investment and how much of risk you willing to take?

12% pm?

sounds like pps, percys pyramid sales

What is a good investment, how long will it takes to get back your capital and how much can you make from your investment? this are few question you need to find the answer before you really considering putting in your money. I've invested 2 million in Thailand doing agriculture products and because of the rules, the people thinking, the country political problems and etc.. I couldn't even make anything to regain my capital after a year and have no choice but to close the business down. The worst thing is that not easy to even ending your business once you started one here. I'm lucky someone introduced me to an investment that is now giving me a returned of 12% monthly without worrying on whether I can sell or not, what is my next move, how much I need to take out to buy stock and etc. It is depend on how much you want out of your investment and how much of risk you willing to take?

12% pm?

sounds like pps, percys pyramid sales

ut3541.jpg

how will these rules change with Asean in 2015 ?

could you work legally for a Singapore company in Thailand

can someone from Singapore etc legally start a business in Thailand and hire you ?

or will all the countries put so many roadblocks in the way that it will only be "free trade" on paper !

nothing will change!

A5. Free flow of skilled labour

33. In allowing for managed mobility or facilitated entry for the movement of natural persons

engaged in trade in goods, services, and investments, according to the prevailing regulations of the receiving country, ASEAN is working to:

Action:

i. Facilitate the issuance of visas and employment passes for ASEAN professionals and

skilled labour who are engaged in cross-border trade and investment related activities.

Yes forget the bar thing altogether. You will just waste your money and time. As for a restaurant only do if you have experience and passion for it.

Indeed. Which means getting in at 10 and finishing up at midnight or one am if you aim to run an even moderately successful establishment.

While I don't begrudge the bar sales bloke for trying to make a crust - and it is his right to flog his wares, remember it is buyer beware and he is really just selling a dream in most cases.

The best option is Bkk and do not get discouraged by people who tell you that you are not going to make it in Thailand and you shouldn't open a business and it's going to be just a small something enough to survive at best.

What it is going to be is what you are going to make it. Add to that, that Thailand is lawless especially Bkk which makes it not more difficult but easier. I am not suggesting to brake the law but what would take forever in the West, can be easily solved here with a few smiles, and favors.

But only do it if you really believe in yourself and truly know what you are doing.

Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

These guys who have these luxury cars made there money back home. Not in Thailand. And not by starting a restaurant or nightclub from scratch. It cost money to make money. To the OP. Do the research that is need to achieve your goals in your business. I hope you do well.

No he didn't.

He owned a bar on Green Mango and I believe was a chef on a cruise ship. He was lucky to get the lease and made an even greater success of a very popular bar.

If you do the maths on some of those "cheap" bars.

45k baht a month rent. Plus bills and labour. Say 100k a month profit to break even.

So, just say 200k in sales (at a guess), on beer at 80 baht bottle is 2,500 bottles of beer a month. 80+ a day whistling.gif

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

No he didn't.

He owned a bar on Green Mango and I believe was a chef on a cruise ship. He was lucky to get the lease and made an even greater success of a very popular bar.

If you do the maths on some of those "cheap" bars.

45k baht a month rent. Plus bills and labour. Say 100k a month profit to break even.

So, just say 200k in sales (at a guess), on beer at 80 baht bottle is 2,500 bottles of beer a month. 80+ a day whistling.gif

RAZZ

what about the tea money.that will be half your profit.