New Hardware house

dazk

To get to the brand new 'Hardware House' Store one has to walk right through to the back of the old HomeMart shop, it is now two shops under the one roof. The store is pretty amazing, they have product in there I have not seen in any other home store. They are due to open properly on the 11th but it is well worth a walk round even now.

Home Mart is still there and run by the same lady boss but it seems to now be called 'Home Solutions' There is also an Office Station place in there as well.

The tool selection alone is mind blowing, they have everything covered from table and band saws, to vertical drills, hoists and jacks of every shape and size, step ladders cheaper than I have seen anywhere else, all manner of crimping tools and terminals even the heat shrink sleeve for cable joints and led lights to name just a few of the items I can remember.

Yes I am regularly in homemart and have seen the hardware house store growing day by day sitting eating in the restaurant next door and have noticed a numchai sign on the roof

Sent from my Z130 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the Numchai sign up there on the roof as well, I have no idea what that is about either, maybe it will be air con and service (I hope)

To get to the brand new 'Hardware House' Store one has to walk right through to the back of the old HomeMart shop, it is now two shops under the one roof. The store is pretty amazing, they have product in there I have not seen in any other home store. They are due to open properly on the 11th but it is well worth a walk round even now.

Home Mart is still there and run by the same lady boss but it seems to now be called 'Home Solutions' There is also an Office Station place in there as well.

The tool selection alone is mind blowing, they have everything covered from table and band saws, to vertical drills, hoists and jacks of every shape and size, step ladders cheaper than I have seen anywhere else, all manner of crimping tools and terminals even the heat shrink sleeve for cable joints and led lights to name just a few of the items I can remember.

I have spoken with the general manager from hardwarehouse a few weeks ago and was told that this was a franchise store of HW, their second one so far. Didn't ask where the other one is located.

They are indeed very well stocked, and have a lot of items I have not seen in any hardware store in Thailand. I think they come close to the western concept of a hardware store.

They have also very good prices on many items. A few days ago I needed some stainless plasticized wire and at Hompro they had only 2mm available and only by the meter at 20 Baht/meter.

When I was a few days later at HW the 3mm version of the same type wire was 35 Baht, for 20 meter roll that is biggrin.png

You should take a trip to the store on Road 36 Rimmer, you gonna be amazed what is available over there.

Not sure what homemart are going to be doing there as hw are slowly filling the front of the store now will try find out next time

Rimmer and I stopped by for an hour or so. That place is amazing. I never knew there were so many things I needed! LOL

Great selection, but typical staff. They have no idea what they are selling.

Good, at least it didn't take them six months to renovate like last time

Unfortunately clueless employees are the norm here in Thailand

Rimmer and I stopped by for an hour or so. That place is amazing. I never knew there were so many things I needed! LOL

Great selection, but typical staff. They have no idea what they are selling.

Good, at least it didn't take them six months to renovate like last time

Unfortunately clueless employees are the norm here in Thailand

We also saw stuff in that store that we do not know what it does, what it is for and how it works and between us we know a bit about engineering and DIY w00t.gif

Do they have a stock of real 304 stainless plumbing fittings in various sizes? Specifically 1 inch unions? Made my trek to HWH on 36 and it's amazing what they stock.

Can't help you there. As for this new store's location, it's just past the Ambassador (and the Honda dealer) on Sukhumvit in NaJomtien. Left side as you are headed south.

not much to ad except I recommend that in these early days with teething-trouble you wait until they sort certain things out (like the warehouse) and only buy what you can see, touch and personally carry to checkout.

I saw & wanted 3 different sized, good value, self assembly storage cabinets. They had 2 of each in stock the system said. I waited 55 minutes for them to find only one of my choice which I then bought. As a retiree with patience and no appointments that was just about OK ! They called as promised within the hour and had found the other two items. I returned and waited a further 30 minutes for them to re-find them

Nice staff, huge store and choices but they've only been open for a few days ! Time will tell.

No I didn't. I walked almost every isle, but it might not have registered. I'll try to pop in tomorrow and take a look. I need to stop by anyway.

Maybe Rimmer will have noticed these?

Yeah good chance you did not see any. I have looked in every shop I can think of around Pattaya and I cannot find one.

No I didn't. I walked almost every isle, but it might not have registered. I'll try to pop in tomorrow and take a look. I need to stop by anyway.

Maybe Rimmer will have noticed these?

Yeah good chance you did not see any. I have looked in every shop I can think of around Pattaya and I cannot find one.

Sure I have seem bench vices in the section with all various clamps

not much to ad except I recommend that in these early days with teething-trouble you wait until they sort certain things out (like the warehouse) and only buy what you can see, touch and personally carry to checkout.

I saw & wanted 3 different sized, good value, self assembly storage cabinets. They had 2 of each in stock the system said. I waited 55 minutes for them to find only one of my choice which I then bought. As a retiree with patience and no appointments that was just about OK ! They called as promised within the hour and had found the other two items. I returned and waited a further 30 minutes for them to re-find them

Nice staff, huge store and choices but they've only been open for a few days ! Time will tell.

I encounter this almost every time I shop pretty much anywhere! Have any tonic water? Mai mee. Any Schwepp's Manao? Mai mee. Have this water pump? Mai mee. I'll take 3 of these ceiling fans. Sorry, only have 2. When will you get more in? Mai roo. I'd like this water dispenser. Sorry, but it's broken. Have any more? No. Etc. Very frustrating.

wai2.gif

Yep they have a big selection of bench vices, from tiny model makers vices up to big engineers vices.

They also have the fixtures for holding work when using a vertical pedestal drill, never seen those anywhere else.

Sounds like a good store. How far out 36 from Pattaya is it?

15km starting from the Regents school., right before the huge Shell gasstation

This is not the branch we are talking about. It's brand new, as mentioned above. Grand opening was this past weekend. Between Ambassador and Ocean Marina on the other side of Suk. NaJomtien.

Sounds like a good store. How far out 36 from Pattaya is it?

15km starting from the Regents school., right before the huge Shell gasstation

This is not the branch we are talking about. It's brand new, as mentioned above. Grand opening was this past weekend. Between Ambassador and Ocean Marina on the other side of Suk. NaJomtien.

I know, but the poster was referring to a post from member Longball who had visited the store on the 36 Road, and which is probably 3-4 times the size of the Baan Amphur branch.

3-4 times the size? Really? Wow...have to visit that one. Global house in Rayong is probably 3-4 times the size, also...but no AC keeps me away from there! Just unbearable right now.

I'll have to check out this one also...thanks!

3-4 times the size? Really? Wow...have to visit that one. Global house in Rayong is probably 3-4 times the size, also...but no AC keeps me away from there! Just unbearable right now.

The one on the 36 sells mini excavators, wheeled loaders, dump trucks, rubber dingy's and all sorts, it really is huge. They also have household products like washing up liquid, floor cleaner etc,Some fantastic prices too.

I was in there one day and saw a 56" , 5 speed ceiling fan and it was only around 900 baht, did not buy it at the time, went back the following week with the intention of buying it - they were reduced to 545!!

It's well worth a visit. then you can go next door to the Shell service station and have a steak in the steakhouse restaurant there.tongue.png

Global house is a dump.

Before it was a dump with cheap prices, but since it has been taken over by Siam cement it's still a dump and not worth visiting anymore as the prices have risen considerably.

Global House construction equipment store building in Surin collapses after heavy storm; six killed including pregnant woman /MCOT

Edited by JesseFrank

The one on the 36 sells mini excavators, wheeled loaders, dump trucks, rubber dingy's and all sorts, it really is huge. They also have household products like washing up liquid, floor cleaner etc,Some fantastic prices too.

I was in there one day and saw a 56" , 5 speed ceiling fan and it was only around 900 baht, did not buy it at the time, went back the following week with the intention of buying it - they were reduced to 545!!

It's well worth a visit. then you can go next door to the Shell service station and have a steak in the steakhouse restaurant there.tongue.png

Sounds like an excuse for a 'Road Trip' What say you craig?

Lenny, can you post the google co ordinates please or maybe a screen shot of the location, I drive that road quite often but cant remember seeing the store.

Sounds like an excuse for a 'Road Trip' What say you craig?

Lenny, can you post the google co ordinates please or maybe a screen shot of the location, I drive that road quite often but cant remember seeing the store.

You can't miss the huge Shell gas station next door and the weigh bridge where they weigh all the trucks on the opposite side of the road.

Edited by JesseFrank

Ref my post yesterday about excessive waiting times in Ban Amphur store for the 3 different sized, good value, self assembly storage cabinets.

This morning we started the unpacking with assembly in mind.

Smallest unit OK and quite easily assembled surprisingly.

Medium size unit is missing the floor panel, 2 x supporting floor panels, the top flat unit; and the 3 shelves.

The third and largest unit has one broken glass door, and is also missing the floor panel, 2 x supporting floor panels, top flat unit, the 3 shelves and all the shelf supports.

And the store has only been opened for a few days.

Several phone calls made immediately in Thai by mid morning and waiting now at 2.15 pm to receive the action plan from the Manager.

As I said before, time will tell.

forgot to add (1) that these products are made in Thailand (2) my car's fuel is B5/km so running back & forth for a 3rd or 4th time aint cheap! Back & forth to that huge store on 36 would be very expensive.

Storage cabinets from Ban Amphur store - Episode 3

We are told new units will be delivered today, Friday. evening, They duly arrive both ready assembled. From their condition they are both clearly display models.

The larger unit has a damaged base and a damaged side panel. The middle unit is not the middle size unit with shelves but another large unit (hanging rail and no shelving) ............. with a damaged base unit !

Both rejected by us

Phone calls. They will get factory to deliver new units to us direct (about 1 week) but they will take no responsibilty for condition. Idea rejected of course ! Phone calls. Ok they will take responsibility.

Episode 4 in due course

Time will tell.