People warned of wild elephants in Chacheongsao

webfact

WILDLIFE
People warned of wild elephants in Chacheongsao

BANGKOK: -- Motorists travelling on a highway linking Chachoengsao with Sa Kaew province are being warned that wild elephants have been seen wandering in the area.

Chacheongsao's provincial police radio has issued a warning to those using Highway No 3259 to beware of the wild elephants.

Sightings of about 50 wild elephants on the road connecting Sa Kaew’s Wang Nam Yen district with Tha Takiab in Chacheongsao and the nearby area have been reported.

It is feared that travellers could be harmed by the herd, which might become annoyed by the presence of people in the area and turn violent.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-18

Probably come out of Khao Yai there are loads of elephants in the reserve there. 50 seems a lot to have got out though.

A long way from Khao Yai.

The Khao Ang Rue Nai wildlife reserve, right on the road mentioned in the article, is well known for its elephant herds and attracts a number of tourists to the viewpoint to see them at dusk. I'd assume that these elephants are from there.

• Like 2

more interesting info !

http://www.wildlifethailand.com/index.php/Thailand-s-Wildlife/khao-ang-rue-nai-wildlife-sanctuary.html

actually not so funny, my GF and me once were attacked by a raging elephant bull on the road . . . . that day i wished the car's reverse had a few more gears !!!! We managed a close escape, though

Would like to warn everyone not even think of driving any close to a whole HERD !!!

Edited by crazygreg44

more interesting info !

http://www.wildlifethailand.com/index.php/Thailand-s-Wildlife/khao-ang-rue-nai-wildlife-sanctuary.html

actually not so funny, my GF and me once were attacked by a raging elephant bull on the road . . . . that day i wished the car's reverse had a few more gears !!!! We managed a close escape, though

Would like to warn everyone not even think of driving any close to a whole HERD !!!

Hope the bull was not excited,could make you feel a little inadequate if your girlfreinds eyes saw it.

more interesting info !

Know what you mean,had the same experience in Pattaya once.Upset one you upset the whole heard.

Was past there today and there's 30 stalls on each side of the road, all selling B10 bags of sugarcane

good old thai stylecheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Just wait until the elephants learn to cut out the middle men. clap2.gif

In the Bondi Vet Clip [above] it mentions a monk on a motorbike was killed by an elephant, he was on the way to feed them.

keep downwind and wear dark clothing especially any hat and you will be ok.

Yeah! Great advice for people travelling on the highway.

"Ok, Somchai and family. All wear black, put these hats on and as you're driving 130kph along the highway, make sure you're downwind of any elephants in the area."

post-181811-13978781868055_thumb.jpg

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wow! Are these really wild? or some show elephants which may have been turned loose? I Thailand, especially in rural/Central areas.

I bet they're all covered in talcum powder splatter after Songkhran.....

May have a nip up tomorrow.....

Wild? They're livid...............tongue.png

That's what we're being warned about.

This is not news, this road is known as the elephant road by the locals (and has been for a long time).

It runs right through the Khao Ang Rua Nai Wildlife Sanctuary, what do they expect to find there?

Sugar cane and corn lorries which use this road as a short cut know that they run the gauntlet.

Most locals will not travel on this road after sunset.