Easter eggs in CM?

jech0811

pril 20 – Easter Brunch @ Holiday Inn with Easter Egg Hunt at River Terrance – Chef’s special roasted turkey and BBQ ham 830THB per person Kids 7-12 years 50% discount for reservations or further info <email removed> or tel 053-275-300

Edited by onthedarkside
email removed as per forum rules

Haha yes we do! For an Easter egg hunt the kids paint them then the "Easter bunny" hides them

I should have been more specific, haven't seen any chocolate eggs around...

Cadbury Cream Eggs.... My kingdom for a Cadbury Cream egg! And mashmallow peeps! How can there be an Easter without these?

We had a similar post to this a couple of years ago.

There was a difference in the description of an Easter Egg depending on which side of the 'pond' you came from.

One group called Easter Eggs hard boiled eggs that were painted different colours.

The other group referred to chocolate eggs filled with more chocolates!

If I had been given painted eggs instead of chocolate ones when I was a little lad there would have been tears and tantrums!

Ah! Cadbury's Crème Eggs. I want one now. NOW!

Where i grew up, Easter eggs were colored, hard boiled eggs. All the other stuff was Easter candy.

Easter egg noun

Definition of EASTER EGG
: an egg that is dyed and sometimes decorated and that is associated with the celebration of Easter

• Like 2

Where i grew up, Easter eggs were colored, hard boiled eggs. All the other stuff was Easter candy.

Easter egg noun

Definition of EASTER EGG

: an egg that is dyed and sometimes decorated and that is associated with the celebration of Easter

All fine and dandy UG but i prefer the chocolate ones that i grew up with....so i had two sent over. Maybe i should auction them off !

Haha yes we do! For an Easter egg hunt the kids paint them then the "Easter bunny" hides them

As of the last national census in 2000 0.7% of the population of Thailand were Christian. Why would you expect to see chocolate eggs in a country where less than 1% of the population are likely to celebrate Easter??

Cadbury Cream Eggs.... My kingdom for a Cadbury Cream egg! And mashmallow peeps! How can there be an Easter without these?

6 (6!!!) for a pound last year in England. You really don't want to know how many I brought back with me - it's rather embarrassing really.

I'm pretty sure that Tops used to have chocolate eggs every year. Maybe more Westerners were more willing to buy expensive imported items back then? Not having children, I mostly stick to bars of dark chocolate.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

As of the last national census in 2000 0.7% of the population of Thailand were Christian. Why would you expect to see chocolate eggs in a country where less than 1% of the population are likely to celebrate Easter??

are you sure that number of 0.7% is correct? the last census was in 2000? i would be willing to bet the number is much higher now. how high i don't know. i have met a very high number of Christian Thais in the last 10 years or so around here. i can't remember how long ago it was - maybe 8 or 9 years ago there was a huge event here in the North where thousands of Thais converted from Buddhism to Christianity.

pril 20 – Easter Brunch @ Holiday Inn with Easter Egg Hunt at River Terrance – Chef’s special roasted turkey and BBQ ham 830THB per person Kids 7-12 years 50% discount for reservations or further info <email removed> or tel 053-275-300

830 Baht a head??? Do you get a Room for the night as well as the food at that price?

830 Baht a head??? Do you get a Room for the night as well as the food at that price?

That was a cheap one the expensive ones don't have an Easter egg hunt. I was lucky in the states we would get hard boiled eggs that were decorated and candy some times Cadbury Easter Eggs the best of two worlds.

I bet he'll be back in 6 months time asking where he can buy a Christmas tree! As if........

Christmas trees, tinsel, balls, lights, etc are available every December so why not Easter eggs. You can even get Halloween costumes so seems anything is possible. Seems a fair question to me. As for colored boiled eggs, it wasn't the eggs so much as the hunt that made it fun. But we also had chocolate bunnies for Easter when I was a kid and loved them.

• Like 1

I bet he'll be back in 6 months time asking where he can buy a Christmas tree! As if........

Christmas trees, tinsel, balls, lights, etc are available every December so why not Easter eggs. You can even get Halloween costumes so seems anything is possible. Seems a fair question to me. As for colored boiled eggs, it wasn't the eggs so much as the hunt that made it fun. But we also had chocolate bunnies for Easter when I was a kid and loved them.

Are you suggesting that you might not love them now?tongue.png

Hard boiled eggs that we decorated... Yellow and pink marshmallow 'peeps.'.... Cadbury Cream eggs.... delicious hollow as well as solid chocolate eggs and bunnies...

... and some of the absolutely worst tasting, cheapest quality, more wax than cocoa, hollow chocolate novelty chocolates... The only time I can remember ever NOT finishing chocolate when I was a child!

We also learned the hard way that while toasted marshmallows may be wonderful, toasted marshmallow 'peeps' are truly vile...

Didn't expect anything thanks for the statistics.

We just moved from Australia here with a 3&5yr old & no we don't refrain from eating red meat on Good Friday. It's just a little fun for the kids that's it. A big bowl of mixed candy & painted eggs they painted themselves hidden around the yard they're over the moon the Easter bunny found us in our new home.

Thought someone may have happened to see them in passing so I'd throw it out there.

Thanks all.

Happy Easter !

• Like 1

Easter eggs have nothing to do with christianity, they are about spring rebirth and fertility rites. As an ealier poster noted, the quality of easter chocolate was poor UNTIL Dove started making easter eggs, dark belgian choco-eggs .....awsome. Peeps haha.... I always favored choc. covered marshmallow eggs cold from the frig.

Edited by daoyai

Easter eggs have nothing to do with christianity, they are about spring rebirth and fertility rites.

Right, but we just did that during Songkran. Same deal. ;)

Anyway my kids seem to have took it upon themselves to paint eggs this morning. So I guess we're having eggs.

• Like 1

Easter eggs have nothing to do with christianity, they are about spring rebirth and fertility rites.

Right, but we just did that during Songkran. Same deal. wink.png

Anyway my kids seem to have took it upon themselves to paint eggs this morning. So I guess we're having eggs.

smile.png Good to hear that you are following instructionstongue.png

Easter eggs have nothing to do with christianity, they are about spring rebirth and fertility rites. As an ealier poster noted, the quality of easter chocolate was poor UNTIL Dove started making easter eggs, dark belgian choco-eggs .....awsome. Peeps haha.... I always favored choc. covered marshmallow eggs cold from the frig.

You might want to review that with the priest at the Roman Catholic Church in the area. He seems to believe it began with the meal after the novice monks fast...

Personally, I think it has to do with the Easter Bunny. But in any event, many Catholic countries never had Easter Eggs as part of their traditions, so for all we know, it stems back to the Druids just like Christmas trees!