Gas explosion at Royal Thai Air Force safety demo injuries more than 40 people

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sorry, what kind of tear gas canister injures 200 people?

And if it injures 200 people with an explosion, then what would be the point of putting tear gas inside it.
Tear gas is for suppression. Bombs are for killing people.

Why doesn't anything ever make any sense at all around here.
Is the weird media coverage, or is everything just this wacky all the damn time?

It injured about 40 people actually.

Well BeforeTigers, you can see how stories get distorted. You somehow read that 200 persons were injured when it was actually reported as a fraction of that in the original post.

There is no source listed by the OP but the Bangkok Post story regarding this incident says "At least ten people". It goes on to say that "the injured persons were sent to Vajira Hospital for treatment or [sic] minor injuries".

• Like 1

Outstanding work. I do wonder about these tear gas canisters though. Surely they are only meant to emit gas not physically hurt people? Other than the idiot who might have holding it when he activated it, I don't really understand why people are being injured. Anyone able to explain?

I also wonder if these are the same tear gas canisters that killed several yellow short protesters a few years back?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And if it injures 200 people with an explosion, then what would be the point of putting tear gas inside it.

Is the weird media coverage, or is everything just this wacky all the damn time?

It injured about 40 people actually.

Well BeforeTigers, you can see how stories get distorted. You somehow read that 200 persons were injured when it was actually reported as a fraction of that in the original post.

There is no source listed by the OP but the Bangkok Post story regarding this incident says "At least ten people". It goes on to say that "the injured persons were sent to Vajira Hospital for treatment or [sic] minor injuries".

It does show how second or third hand stories can end up being nothing resembling the original article.

• Like 1

Now children, today's lesson is:

Do as we say, not as we do. whistling.gif

PS - I see this is sourced to ThaiVisa news, as opposed to The Nation or MCOT or similar.

I certainly hope this isn't someone's belated April Fool's Day post.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

So 40 people attended the exercise

....and 200 were seriously injured!!

What kind of injury ?

Bloody nose , upset stomach , headache, crying eyes forever , just normal side effect cant blaim anyone for that ,exept in this occasion . Got a heavy headache myself since this morning

+1...Yes, a bit strange. Maybe the news reporter got something wrong.

So 40 people attended the exercise

....and 200 were seriously injured!!

What kind of injury ?

Bloody nose , upset stomach , headache, crying eyes forever , just normal side effect cant blaim anyone for that ,exept in this occasion . Got a heavy headache myself since this morning

Many lost limbs and 8 people suffered shrapnel wounds from the metal casing!!

Has anyone here ever witnessed a fire safety demonstration by the local fire department at a school or kindergarten where they fire up and roll the propane tanks within ten of fifteen meters of the students? It's a horror to watch. My favorite bit was watching them teach elementary students to put a plastic bag over their heads for a few more seconds of oxygen. Bloody insane! I doubt the RTAF has a much higher standard.

• Like 2

It's Thai culture to not give a crap about health and safety. How dare you criticize Thai people in any way, you Thai bashers you ! If you don't like it then go home ( this is sarcasm in case you didn't realize ) wai2.gif

This is the kind of stupidity that drags this country down, sadly on a seemingly daily basis...

• Like 2