What does it take to make a person react to aggressive and rude behaviour

n210mp

The OP seems very aggressive, I'd push in front of him in 7/11 and cut him up on the road.

Then I wanna see him stop, get out of his car and come to confront me, then I wanna see him cower like a little girl when I get out of my truck.

I'm 6' 6" and 250 Lbs.

• Like 1

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The OP seems very aggressive, I'd push in front of him in 7/11 and cut him up on the road.

Then I wanna see him stop, get out of his car and come to confront me, then I wanna see him cower like a little girl when I get out of my truck.

I'm 6' 6" and 250 Lbs.

Couldn't resist this! Ha ha ha.

Are you a Whale?

To be a real troll takes "wit" not a "half wit" but I applaud you in your attempt, there is no fail if you get up off the floor and try, try and try again.

At my age I wouldn't wish to have a "Jingle" with you on the basis that I wouldn't wish to face the charges after you went complaining to the BIB after I gave you a course in "Size really doesn't matter" except of course to those who are only anonymous "Keyboard warriors" attempting to beat their boredom in taking this thread off topic.

Oh and by the way if i came to the side of your truck you think that you would get out in one piece?

Oh shizer it sounds as though I have taken the bait and got hook line and sinker.

Please disregard the above BS and if you want to have a little action, how about tiddly winks your time and place.

• Like 1

Rudeness is not just confined to Thailand, people try to jump queue everywhere. I have had young people do same to me in 7/11 store. I just smile and tell them " ME FIRST"..amazing the sheep like look they have. Just react the same as if it happened in your own home country. Dont be a whinger here.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

On the roads I am undertaken when the gap in front of me is barely enough for braking safely.

I never drive in Thailand but yes the road safety is horrendous.

I am in KFC and waiting my turn, guaranteed to be someone trying to push in front of me.

I never go in KFC but in over a decade of living in and visiting Thailand I can't remember one instance in either a 7/11, supermarket or the local Thai shop where somebody has deliberately pushed in front of me. In fact I find Thai's remarkably polite when queuing. In India or the Middle East then forget about queuing.

In line at TESCOs the small ones, same thing again, people try to beat me to the till.

See above.

deliberately Being given the wrong amount of change in a shop or store.

Again, never happened to me in a decade. Possibly bill padding in my old Pattaya days but I was oblivious to it.

Hearing Thai speak disrespectfully about me when I am in a situation where they dont know that I may be able to understand them

How do you mean by disrespectful? My Thai/Issan is good enough to know when people are talking about me. Yes, I'm referred to as the "farang" but that doesn't bother me. Am I ever called a kwai or similar, no. Have I ever been referred to as "pompui", yes. Doesn't bother me as I'm too thick-skinned for that. If small quirks in culture and language bother then I suggest stay in your homeland.

I think our experiences are quite different.

I find most Thais very polite and obliging, only 2 occasions in 6 months have young people pushed in ahead of me. Not worth complaining about, the same has happened in Australia, but not often, just a few rude mannered people, not the entire race to be measured.

It took me many, many years before beginning to understand when anger in public is acceptable in Thailand.

I finally devised a plan that protects me from just about everything:

I never go any place without my assistant and she takes care of any misunderstandings and in the more aggressive situations my driver is a very big man and very loyal to me.

I usually don't run into a lot of trouble here but I did in the beginning before I understood how to live, survive and get along in this country.

I am still a firm believer that when we are a guest in another country we have to adapt to their ways and when in doubt just smile and walk away.

• Like 1

I am from the UK, been here a while, enlighten me on my queuing behaviour...............smile.png

Apparently, the ability to behave in a polite manner whilst in a queue is frowned upon? I suppose, holding a door for a person will be added to the list at some point..............

There are many birds of different kinds and many men of different minds.

Some of the interesting answers on this thread seem to have addressed a different question than the one posted.

thailiketoo makes a very interesting observation in his last post *192 ;

"I have never been insulted more frequently with more anger and ferocity than I have been here for challenging or fact checking people who think they are above fact checking or challenge."

which could be related to the need to maybe vent or let off some steam on an anonymous forum because of all the suppressed anger and frustration that a "normal "Farang will come across in one way or another either on the roads as a driver or indeed in a line at some store.

​Of course I could be guilty of a little "Lateral" thinking here but surely there could be some truth in that the "Nasties" on here do seem to go a bit overboard in their sometimes malicious judgmental criticisms, maybe the two could be related to keeping their gobs closed on the one hand and on the other shouting the odds on this forum, on the other.

For those who seemingly never ever read a post properly I will summaries what I have just written for the avoidance of any doubt;

There maybe some on here, no names and no pack drill who can only get angry, rude and indignant when there is complete anonymity and no chance of any confrontation, in direct contrast to their acquiescent behavior in any given circumstance as outlined in the OP.

Now for all the dissenters to my remarks please read the the question again in the OP;

"

What does it take to make a person react to aggressive and rude behaviour?"

I feel that the word react is exactly what happened with regard to some of the answers in this thread.

• Like 2

Some of the interesting answers on this thread seem to have addressed a different question than the one posted.

"I have never been insulted more frequently with more anger and ferocity than I have been here for challenging or fact checking people who think they are above fact checking or challenge."

which could be related to the need to maybe vent or let off some steam on an anonymous forum because of all the suppressed anger and frustration that a "normal "Farang will come across in one way or another either on the roads as a driver or indeed in a line at some store.

​Of course I could be guilty of a little "Lateral" thinking here but surely there could be some truth in that the "Nasties" on here do seem to go a bit overboard in their sometimes malicious judgmental criticisms, maybe the two could be related to keeping their gobs closed on the one hand and on the other shouting the odds on this forum, on the other.

For those who seemingly never ever read a post properly I will summaries what I have just written for the avoidance of any doubt;

There maybe some on here, no names and no pack drill who can only get angry, rude and indignant when there is complete anonymity and no chance of any confrontation, in direct contrast to their acquiescent behavior in any given circumstance as outlined in the OP.

Now for all the dissenters to my remarks please read the the question again in the OP;

"

I feel that the word react is exactly what happened with regard to some of the answers in this thread.

very good observations and no doubt true in many cases.

"

very good observations and no doubt true in many cases.

The above post was my reaction to a post in another thread. I didn't want to confront the flamer because that would have started a flame war. Most of the time I try not to react or post something simple like, "good example or sup."

TLT: My take on posting here via screenplay from 'The Sting' --

Hooker: I gave him the breakout just like you said.

Gondorff: And?

Hooker: 'S good. He threatened to kill me.

Gondorff: Hell, kid, they don't do that, you know you're not getting to 'em.

Edited by JLCrab

TLT: My take on posting here via screenplay from 'The Sting' --

Hooker: I gave him the breakout just like you said.

Gondorff: And?

Hooker: 'S good. He threatened to kill me.

Gondorff: Hell, kid, they don't do that, you know you're not getting to 'em.

Good example.

It took me many, many years before beginning to understand when anger in public is acceptable in Thailand.

I never go any place without my assistant and she takes care of any misunderstandings and in the more aggressive situations my driver is a very big man and very loyal to me.

I usually don't run into a lot of trouble here but I did in the beginning before I understood how to live, survive and get along in this country.

I am still a firm believer that when we are a guest in another country we have to adapt to their ways and when in doubt just smile and walk away.

Do you have someone to wipe your bum as well?

Not worth getting angry over any of the things the OP is talking about, uneducated Thais are generally rude as <deleted> when it comes to queues but then they can also be the nicest people in the world. Take a deep breath, smile and keep on going.

Do you have someone to wipe your bum as well?

Not worth getting angry over any of the things the OP is talking about, uneducated Thais are generally rude as <deleted> when it comes to queues but then they can also be the nicest people in the world. Take a deep breath, smile and keep on going.

From someone who calls himself "gooner" I'm not surprised by your attempt at making a comment.

Making a personal attack based on my success in life speaks for your lack of success.

I wonder if you would speak to me that way face to face? probably not because men with courage do not write nonsense like yours.

It's kind of like the private who disses the Colonel for having a few privileges he doesn't. The Colonel has proven his worth and paid his dues. If the private is an equal man he'll get privileges one day too but then again, probably not.

I'm amazed at the number of rude members here who make attacks for no motif other than to hear themselves speak and attacks on the internet don't prove manhood.

• Like 1

KFC, Tesco , local markets those are all places where low class people go. Yes you can expect bad manners there. They don't cut me in line there because i m standing wide and solid and don't let them push me or i start talking english to them.

What i noticed that old rich Thai/Chinese lady's also show very bad manners. They act like they are queens and don't have to stand in line.

I know the Thai gossip about me as well but i just say chai kaphom to them to let them think i speak thai. Always works.

• Like 1

"What does it take to make a person react to aggressive and rude behaviour" ... well, for me, it takes "aggressive and rude behaviour" ... something which, for me, is missing from your OP.

Sounds like a bit of argy bargy to me.

Oh ... you can speak Thai fluently? ... "Hearing Thai speak disrespectfully about me" .. so that would take some considerable time in the country ... and you are just now (or still) complaining ... facepalm.gif

'Thai population that it is OK to disrespect a Farang in these ways' ... sounds a bit of good ole' "White supremacist" to me.

May I ask, how long have you lived here?

Are you from the UK? (queuing mentality)

That will just about do it for my questions.

Cheers

I am from the UK, been here a while, enlighten me on my queuing behaviour...............smile.png

Well, transam, I've never met you, but I know you have lived a long time in Thailand so difficult to comment of your personal queuing behaviour.

When I lived in the UK and it's fairly similar in Australia, there is a distinct queue, a order of process. There is the head of the queue and that usually signals the person waiting the longest to be served and thus, an orderly queue forms behind him/her.

It's a civil arrangement and queue jumping is frowned upon.

In Thailand, the system doesn't have the same rigour. People 'push-in' if they see an opportunity. Cars sneak up the break-down lane to bypass a long queue of cars and expect to be let in when they reach the 'choke point'.

Drivers doing U-Turns often from a second lane, blocking traffic to 'jump the queue'.

All those Thai actions above, to a person born in the UK who has never witnessed that before, it might come as a shock.

Heaven forbid the OP ever had a Chinese tour Group descend upon him at a Food Buffet ... they would make the Thai system seem very civilized.

Just my thoughts ... laugh.png

Jumping your turn is encouraged everywhere in Thailand. I couldnt believe it when while talking to my Banks Financial Advisor,at an arranged interview,one person after another,shoved a load of paperwork at the Financial Advisor making my arranged appointment a joke and a waste of time! The worst part of it is:there is no way this form of selfishness can be be considered correct behaviour.

I once stopped a que jumper at the ATM, the look on his face said it all,he seemed to think I had took some basic human right away from him!

I can which comments are made by the British, they are the same in Australia, a bleeding whinging lot. Come to another country to live, but just groan, cos its not the same as home. ;-)

• Like 1

KFC, Tesco , local markets those are all places where low class people go. Yes you can expect bad manners there. They don't cut me in line there because i m standing wide and solid and don't let them push me or i start talking english to them.

What i noticed that old rich Thai/Chinese lady's also show very bad manners. They act like they are queens and don't have to stand in line.

I know the Thai gossip about me as well but i just say chai kaphom to them to let them think i speak thai. Always works.

you were in the right place I note, where the "low class" people go. ;-)

I like Thai food, so I have never been able to comprehend why anyone would want to go to an American fast-food "restaurant" when there is far better, healthier and cheaper food available outside, either on the street or in a real cafe/restaurant. That goes for Thai's and foreigners.

Yes I do eat European food in Thailand, but usually go for Thai, apart from the wife making me a breakfast bacon sandwich - when she can be bothered and probably wants something !

I like Thai food, so I have never been able to comprehend why anyone would want to go to an American fast-food "restaurant" when there is far better, healthier and cheaper food available outside, either on the street or in a real cafe/restaurant. That goes for Thai's and foreigners.

Yes I do eat European food in Thailand, but usually go for Thai, apart from the wife making me a breakfast bacon sandwich - when she can be bothered and probably wants something !

Thais probably go to Macs, KFC etc because it makes them look rich. Can't be poor, because one meal would buy 3 cheap Thai meals.

Anyway, Macs is usually full of school kids working towards obesity.

Thais probably go to Macs, KFC etc because it makes them look rich. Can't be poor, because one meal would buy 3 cheap Thai meals.

Anyway, Macs is usually full of school kids working towards obesity.

Yes the Thais want to look like most farang males I see here.

MAN FARANG TORT

Dont stand for it. Punch them in the nose and beat their kids up.

Then when the police come beat them up too.

Or you could just line up...

Sent from my c64