Hair Implant in Bangkok ? Where did you do it ? How much did you pay ? Happy ?

thailandbeachisland

Hello,

I couldn't find clear posts with replies to these questions:

Recent experience about hair implant in Thailand ?

Where ?

How much ?

Would you recommend to your friends ?

Thank you if you can send clear information.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very fortunate to have lost none of my hair, but if I needed/wanted it, I'd fly to the US to a Bosley Center where they use between 1,000 and 3,000 good follicles from just above the neckline and wind up with a very permanent and natural looking result. I think it costs $10K or a little more. LINK

I've seen some horrible looking jobs by people who use larger plugs which always show.

I had it done at the place below. I still get compliments on it from those who know I've had it done. Other people just think I have my hair. Except that my brother is just about bald and people ask why I have hair and he doesn't. I was even thinking about going back and getting a little fill in. Used to be called the Stough clinic I think, but the doctor is the one who did it and the location is the same.

http://hairtransplantation-thailand.com/

In 2008, for 3,000 grafts it was 210,000 baht, though I think I had 3,500 grafts, which would have been 245,000 baht. Sliding scale so that it cost more per graft for lower quantities. He gave me a quote over email after I sent pictures and then when I went in I think he said 500 more would be better. I'd taken pictures with fairly long hair. Did the consultation one trip, and went in for the procedure the next trip. My donor area had such dense hair that they actually got several hundred extra grafts out of it and there was no charge for putting those in.

Figure the price is higher now as that was a while ago. He had a large team doing the procedure. Like 5 or 6 people in the room, plus the people cutting up the donor strip to get the grafts. I recall it was about 40% less than what I was getting quoted in the US. The fee included medicine. Maybe a few pain killers and maybe a few antibiotics though maybe just pain killers. I went back the next day where he checks how things look and they wash your hair. I think I flew to Japan the next day after that.

One thing to note is the day I went in, he said it would be a better result if they could shave the top of my head. That was the first I had been told about that. Since I had already brought a hat anyway it was no big deal. But I also wasn't doing anything in the weeks after where I couldn't wear a hat. If I'd known about that, I'd have gotten all my hair cut short before because it was extremely short on top, with fairly long sides until I was able to even it out. Now that I think about it, maybe if I had cut it short he'd have been able to work with the short hair instead of the somewhat long hair I had.

If you want a discrete location to have the procedure and to have time for the scabs to dry out and lift off the scalp I recommend the Hair transplant clinic in Mauritius. The clinic is run by French medical professionals and they have a dedicated team of over 20 staff who only do the one procedure (about one transplant a day).

Cost me about 5,000 GBP about 10 years ago. Best money i ever spent!

Note that it is worth researching some of the newer techniques out there which are not so invasive. i.e. where they select and remove individual follicles. My procedure consisted of cutting a strip of flesh from the back of the head and then separating out the follicles under microscopes in a lab. About 15 people required to do this within about a 5 hour time frame for about 2500 follicles.

A word of warning.

A colleague had it done on the forward part of his pate. All successful, looked good etc. until a few years later the rest of his head went bald and he was left with the obvious implants. Haven't seen him for some years so don't know what his eventual solution.

Me/ I let nature take it's course.

i had 5 seperate procedures done with a guy called Dr Rogers in the UK. Each op was approx 10 months appart so the whole thing took over 4 years for the final result.

nobody gets a good result with one op. i.e look at Wayne Roony - his hair still looks very thin. the trick is to have thick and plenty hair at the donor areas and simply keep plugging away untill the desired result is achieved.

Back then (2001 to 2003) the whole lot cost me around 10k. best money i ever spent. for the price of a cheap new car i got a whole lot of renewed self esteem.

bottom line - it works and it is no big deal these days. just find the right surgeon.

Oh, re the poster saying the surgeon wanted to shave his head. that is the worst thing to do as the surgeon will always want to see your hair at a decent lenght so as to know which way to go with the implants. seems to me he was just making his job easy. lucky for the poster that it turned out ok.

ps i went with Dr Rogers because he had done quite a few celebrities. and after having 5 ops (apparantley the max) i reckon i could actually do it myself. so if your interested give me a shout. just bring a sharp knife and a mirror and ill do the rest smile.png

dont be put off by those that say 'just shave it off mate'. the odd few people look good with a shaved head. some people look like thugs. some people look like aliens. do what makes you happy. ive never met a bald man that didnt really miss having hair!

I lost my hair in my 20"s it never bothered me ,(i have high esteem) and it never seemed to bother the girls ,always had a wife or a girlfriend all my life ,honestly i do feel sorry for guys that think they need a hair transplant or a wig ,love yourself ,anyway if you live in Thailand you will always be a hansum manthumbsup.gif

Man up and grow old gracefully. No matter whether you implant it or dye it, life will kill you anyway.

so by the same reasoning if one were to lose a few teeth at the front, then - 'just let it be' grow old gracefully.

of course not. nobody wants to look like a <deleted> when they can improve themselfs.

when one looks good one feels good - simple fact of human existence. those that say they dont care - well they just dont care. like the guys that walk along Pattaya beach with there massive man boobs on display, they obviously just dont care.

I lost my hair in my 20"s it never bothered me ,(i have high esteem) and it never seemed to bother the girls ,always had a wife or a girlfriend all my life ,honestly i do feel sorry for guys that think they need a hair transplant or a wig ,love yourself ,anyway if you live in Thailand you will always be a hansum manthumbsup.gif

'if you live in Thailand you will always be a hansum man'

but what about the reality of the mirror that one looks in to each day. ugly is ugly. the mirror doesnt lie no matter how much you offer to pay :)

Hello,

Where ?

How much ?

I spent a lot of time researching this in Bangkok.

I went to a doctor in Braumrungrad in Bangkok and he gave me the best advice.

The best advice He can gave was to try the pills first. There are Many cheaper brands available in Thailand.

I use Proscar 5mg and split them into 1/4ths. Dr said can use every other day but I use every day. Don't buy propecia. It's exactly the same just more expensive. The off brands available in Thailand have the active ingredient of Finasteride.

Be aware of the side effects. I had irrational thoughts for the first few weeks. Wish my dr would have told me that could happen. Some even have suicidal thoughts. Mine were not that strong.

So before you have an expensive procedure (which I had twice and was looking into #3) try the meds. I have been very happy with the very noticeable results.

Even after you have a procedure you should take the meds. The hair loss will reverse and or slow it waaay down or stop it. Yes you need to take it forever but at least we have something !!!! Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

funny thing looking at the respondents posts. those that have had transplants are very happy. those that have never had transplants advise against it.

dont know what to make of that. but if it wasnt an issue for me on a particular subject then i wouldnt necessarily hold a strong opinion

Hello,

Where ?

How much ?

The best advice He can gave was to try the pills first. There are Many cheaper brands available in Thailand.

I use Proscar 5mg and split them into 1/4ths. Dr said can use every other day but I use every day. Don't buy propecia. It's exactly the same just more expensive. The off brands available in Thailand have the active ingredient of Finasteride.

Be aware of the side effects. I had irrational thoughts for the first few weeks. Wish my dr would have told me that could happen. Some even have suicidal thoughts. Mine were not that strong.

So before you have an expensive procedure (which I had twice and was looking into #3) try the meds. I have been very happy with the very noticeable results.

Even after you have a procedure you should take the meds. The hair loss will reverse and or slow it waaay down or stop it. Yes you need to take it forever but at least we have something !!!! Good luck !

propecia will not grow hair on bald areas. it will thicken hair which gives the appearance of more hair on the back and maybe the crown. it is a good supplement to a hair transplant as it will stop further hair loss. but it is not a substitute.

a little research will verify this

PS Prosca and Propecia are exactly the same thing. Only Prosca is marketed for medical use and Propecia for hair loss. So as the poster says it is dumb to buy Propecia at 300% the cost just becasue they come in handy 1 mg tablets. just buy the Prosca and cut them into 4 :)

dont be put off by those that say 'just shave it off mate'. the odd few people look good with a shaved head. some people look like thugs. some people look like aliens. do what makes you happy. ive never met a bald man that didnt really miss having hair!

Could have written that myself !! Its looks gross with a shaved head !! Very few can carry it off Jason Stathem being one of a few

Man up and grow old gracefully. No matter whether you implant it or dye it, life will kill you anyway.

so by the same reasoning if one were to lose a few teeth at the front, then - 'just let it be' grow old gracefully.

of course not. nobody wants to look like a <deleted> when they can improve themselfs.

when one looks good one feels good - simple fact of human existence. those that say they dont care - well they just dont care. like the guys that walk along Pattaya beach with there massive man boobs on display, they obviously just dont care.

I care ,i dress nicely ,have a nice familly ,and i am bald on top ,it worried me when i was 25 and it started to go ,but i dont worry about it now and i didnt when i was 27 ,i am and was not very hansom ,but neither was i ugly ,girls seemed to like me as i was so i just did not let it faze me ,love yourself ,be proud of yourself and believe me others will ,most women couldnt care less if you had hair if you can make them laugh, and as for losing a few teeth at the front ,well i would get them replaced ,its hard eating without them ,but on the plus side ,if you have no hair ,no barbers bills and not a lot on shampoo.smile.png

Hello,

Where ?

How much ?

propecia will not grow hair on bald areas. it will thicken hair which gives the appearance of more hair on the back and maybe the crown. it is a good supplement to a hair transplant as it will stop further hair loss. but it is not a substitute.

PS Prosca and Propecia are exactly the same thing. Only Prosca is marketed for medical use and Propecia for hair loss. So as the poster says it is dumb to buy Propecia at 300% the cost just becasue they come in handy 1 mg tablets. just buy the Prosca and cut them into 4 :)

Agreed it is not a substitute but if he takes the Finasteride for six months he should have goo idea if he needs implants or less than he thought. Good luck bud. I'm happy with my results. Very happy I started with the meds too. No man boobs either haha

Hello,

Where ?

How much ?

PS Prosca and Propecia are exactly the same thing. Only Prosca is marketed for medical use and Propecia for hair loss. So as the poster says it is dumb to buy Propecia at 300% the cost just becasue they come in handy 1 mg tablets. just buy the Prosca and cut them into 4 smile.png

Agreed it is not a substitute but if he takes the Finasteride for six months he should have goo idea if he needs implants or less than he thought. Good luck bud. I'm happy with my results. Very happy I started with the meds too. No man boobs either haha

yes, i would go with that. good advice. but - as i said i wont grow hair on bald frontal areas :)

Archived