Hair Implant in Bangkok ? Where did you do it ? How much did you pay ? Happy ?

thailandbeachisland

Hair Implant in Bangkok ? Where did you do it ? How much did you pay ? Happy ?

Hello,

I couldn't find clear posts with replies to these questions:

Recent experience about hair implant in Thailand ?

Where ?

How much ?

Would you recommend to your friends ?

Thank you if you can send clear information.

I spent a lot of time researching this in Bangkok.

I went to a doctor in Braumrungrad in Bangkok and he gave me the best advice.

The best advice He can gave was to try the pills first. There are Many cheaper brands available in Thailand.

I use Proscar 5mg and split them into 1/4ths. Dr said can use every other day but I use every day. Don't buy propecia. It's exactly the same just more expensive. The off brands available in Thailand have the active ingredient of Finasteride.

Be aware of the side effects. I had irrational thoughts for the first few weeks. Wish my dr would have told me that could happen. Some even have suicidal thoughts. Mine were not that strong.

So before you have an expensive procedure (which I had twice and was looking into #3) try the meds. I have been very happy with the very noticeable results.

Even after you have a procedure you should take the meds. The hair loss will reverse and or slow it waaay down or stop it. Yes you need to take it forever but at least we have something !!!! Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

propecia will not grow hair on bald areas. it will thicken hair which gives the appearance of more hair on the back and maybe the crown. it is a good supplement to a hair transplant as it will stop further hair loss. but it is not a substitute.

a little research will verify this

PS Prosca and Propecia are exactly the same thing. Only Prosca is marketed for medical use and Propecia for hair loss. So as the poster says it is dumb to buy Propecia at 300% the cost just becasue they come in handy 1 mg tablets. just buy the Prosca and cut them into 4 smile.png

Agreed it is not a substitute but if he takes the Finasteride for six months he should have goo idea if he needs implants or less than he thought. Good luck bud. I'm happy with my results. Very happy I started with the meds too. No man boobs either haha

yes, i would go with that. good advice. but - as i said i wont gro

hair on bald frontal areas :)

I should have documented

It better but I and friends noticed a difference everywhere. Especially my crown. I was def thinning mostly in the crown and the front. Now hair loss it's not noticeable at all. I was lucky though. I paid very little for my implants as they needed someone to sit in for training doctors. $500 each time. )

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man up and grow old gracefully. No matter whether you implant it or dye it, life will kill you anyway.

so by the same reasoning if one were to lose a few teeth at the front, then - 'just let it be' grow old gracefully.

of course not. nobody wants to look like a <deleted> when they can improve themselfs.

when one looks good one feels good - simple fact of human existence. those that say they dont care - well they just dont care. like the guys that walk along Pattaya beach with there massive man boobs on display, they obviously just dont care.

I care ,i dress nicely ,have a nice familly ,and i am bald on top ,it worried me when i was 25 and it started to go ,but i dont worry about it now and i didnt when i was 27 ,i am and was not very hansom ,but neither was i ugly ,girls seemed to like me as i was so i just did not let it faze me ,love yourself ,be proud of yourself and believe me others will ,most women couldnt care less if you had hair if you can make them laugh, and as for losing a few teeth at the front ,well i would get them replaced ,its hard eating without them ,but on the plus side ,if you have no hair ,no barbers bills and not a lot on shampoo.smile.png

if your happy then thats good - really. but this post is obviously about a guy that isnt so happy about his baldness smile.png

as for only replacing the teeth to enable one to eat. come on - lets be honest. even if you lived on soup you would still replace two lost teeth for asethic reasons. wouldnt you???

if you wouldnt the then you are really someone that doesnt care how you look so your input on baldness is quite moot as ive never seen many men with any sense of self that have two front teeth missing. smile.png

Man up and grow old gracefully. No matter whether you implant it or dye it, life will kill you anyway.

so by the same reasoning if one were to lose a few teeth at the front, then - 'just let it be' grow old gracefully.

of course not. nobody wants to look like a <deleted> when they can improve themselfs.

when one looks good one feels good - simple fact of human existence. those that say they dont care - well they just dont care. like the guys that walk along Pattaya beach with there massive man boobs on display, they obviously just dont care.

I care ,i dress nicely ,have a nice familly ,and i am bald on top ,it worried me when i was 25 and it started to go ,but i dont worry about it now and i didnt when i was 27 ,i am and was not very hansom ,but neither was i ugly ,girls seemed to like me as i was so i just did not let it faze me ,love yourself ,be proud of yourself and believe me others will ,most women couldnt care less if you had hair if you can make them laugh, and as for losing a few teeth at the front ,well i would get them replaced ,its hard eating without them ,but on the plus side ,if you have no hair ,no barbers bills and not a lot on shampoo.smile.png

Mine is a similar story...

I started going bald in my early twenties and shaved my hair and never looked back. As a blond haired, tall, blue-eyed teen I was always popular with the ladies, and losing my hair didn't change that. However, as I got older I realised that any popularity gained through being good looking was vacuous and usually attracted the wrong type of GFs. I also learned that no matter how attractive a woman was, if she was vain and ugly on the inside the attraction soon wore off.

Am I happy with the way I look now? Not really. At 35 I've not aged well and don't get half the attention I used too. I have also been through a level of fame and lost that too - but that's for another time. I just want to make the point that I know how you feel and have been down this ego road in more ways than one.

But I think it's a good thing. I've had to go through the transition from being that guy women would always say was good looking and cool to a guy that doesn't get noticed half as much. So now I rarely look in the mirror and choose to live my life instead of chasing that fruitless task of feeding the ego - it will never be enough. I am who I am. I have an awesome wife and daughter; my mother and father are still alive, I have some great friends, two legs and two arms and a fully functioning brain (touch wood) - I am grateful.

Re; the teeth thing: I look after my teeth and sure, if I lost a couple I'd replace them - but that's simply not the same as losing one's hair.

From experience I'd really suggest working on being a good person and treating others as you'd like to be treated rather than trying to hold back the years. The reward is far greater and keeps on giving back. I keep myself fit, look after my personal hygiene and look forward rather than trying to hold onto younger days. If I grow a full head of hair through implants now, what's next; botox for the crows feet? Then a facelift? Trawling around hooker bars at 40 hoping I'll get loads of attention that will make me feel like I did when I was 19?

That pathway leads to a dark place.

To try and hold onto the past and the way one once looked is a recipe for unhappiness. Grow into a beautiful person rather than latching on to what was or might have been.

At the end of the day, no matter how much we brag and boast as men, we are all looking for acceptance, someone to say "i love you for who you are." But that starts with self-acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you'll find it easier to accept imperfections in others. You'll stop seeking Miss perfect and the next best conquest. And then like a magnet you'll attract a woman who really does love you, bald or not, money or not, popular or not.

I started going bald in my early twenties and shaved my hair and never looked back. As a blond haired, tall, blue-eyed teen I was always popular with the ladies, and losing my hair didn't change that. However, as I got older I realised that any popularity gained through being good looking was vacuous and usually attracted the wrong type of GFs. I also learned that no matter how attractive a woman was, if she was vain and ugly on the inside the attraction soon wore off.

Am I happy with the way I look now? Not really. At 35 I've not aged well and don't get half the attention I used too. I have also been through a level of fame and lost that too - but that's for another time. I just want to make the point that I know how you feel and have been down this ego road in more ways than one.

But I think it's a good thing. I've had to go through the transition from being that guy women would always say was good looking and cool to a guy that doesn't get noticed half as much. So now I rarely look in the mirror and choose to live my life instead of chasing that fruitless task of feeding the ego - it will never be enough. I am who I am. I have an awesome wife and daughter; my mother and father are still alive, I have some great friends, two legs and two arms and a fully functioning brain (touch wood) - I am grateful.

Re; the teeth thing: I look after my teeth and sure, if I lost a couple I'd replace them - but that's simply not the same as losing one's hair.

From experience I'd really suggest working on being a good person and treating others as you'd like to be treated rather than trying to hold back the years. The reward is far greater and keeps on giving back. I keep myself fit, look after my personal hygiene and look forward rather than trying to hold onto younger days. If I grow a full head of hair through implants now, what's next; botox for the crows feet? Then a facelift? Trawling around hooker bars at 40 hoping I'll get loads of attention that will make me feel like I did when I was 19?

To try and hold onto the past and the way one once looked is a recipe for unhappiness. Grow into a beautiful person rather than latching on to what was or might have been.

At the end of the day, no matter how much we brag and boast as men, we are all looking for acceptance, someone to say "i love you for who you are." But that starts with self-acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you'll find it easier to accept imperfections in others. You'll stop seeking Miss perfect and the next best conquest. And then like a magnet you'll attract a woman who really does love you, bald or not, money or not, popular or not.

"....... you'll attract a woman who really does love you, bald or not, money or not, popular or not. "

so in your ideal world - bald, skint, unpopular guys find women that really love them. hmmm, can you tell me which planet that is smile.png

oh, how about if the guy also has a club foot just for good measure :)

Not everyone has the ability to overcome insecurities about their looks.

I'd rather be the guy with a good sense of humour, considerate nature and a full head of hair than the guy with a good sense of humour, considerate nature and an oddly-shaped bald head.

If a guys got enough dosh and enough donor hair to do it, all power to him.

Two mates back in Blighty did it but they went to proper FUE surgeons - one was in NYC, the other was in Belgium. Results are undetectable and no scars

Not everyone has the ability to overcome insecurities about their looks.

I'd rather be the guy with a good sense of humour, considerate nature and a full head of hair than the guy with a good sense of humour, considerate nature and an oddly-shaped bald head.

If a guys got enough dosh and enough donor hair to do it, all power to him.

Two mates back in Blighty did it but they went to proper FUE surgeons - one was in NYC, the other was in Belgium. Results are undetectable and no scars

having an oddly shaped bald head seems to be quite the norm here in Pattaya. i wonder if Thai girls think it is normal for ferangs - like we are a sort of alien race with mad shaped bald heads.

maybe all the guys from the UK with mad shaped bald heads simply head to Pattaya because they feel at home - hehe smile.png

i suppose being a fat bald cockney type with a weird shaped head isn't so bad here in Pattaya. Everyone knows that the Thai girls just love fat bald guys that drink 20 bottles of heiniken everyday and say 'awl rite darlin' when greeting a girl - and never forget to say 'fank you babes' when being served.

must be true because pattaya is full of these types and they all have girl friends and wifes.

Jones...

Whilst I agree that it is down to the individual to deal with his own lack of hair, and no one else's business, I find it interesting that you seem to be comparing baldness to unpopularity, being skint, and..heaven's forbid...a club foot!

I'm pleased that your hair transplant has given you richness and popularity smile.png

I lost my hair and have an oddly shaped head, but I have money and enough friends and even a wife, however, the club foot...I am working on that one smile.png

Jones...

Whilst I agree that it is down to the individual to deal with his own lack of hair, and no one else's business, I find it interesting that you seem to be comparing baldness to unpopularity, being skint, and..heaven's forbid...a club foot!

I'm pleased that your hair transplant has given you richness and popularity smile.png

I lost my hair and have an oddly shaped head, but I have money and enough friends and even a wife, however, the club foot...I am working on that one smile.png

obviously you have a slight problem with reading - because with regards to being bald, unpoular and skint - i was quoting a previous poster.

not to worry as we all do it smile.png

sorry about your head and best of luck with the foot smile.png

PS having a mane of luscious hair isnt all it is cracked up to be as i now have no friends due to hair envy and my wife left me for using all of her hair products

Jones...

obviously you have a slight problem with reading - because with regards to being bald, unpoular and skint - i was quoting a previous poster.

PS having a mane of luscious hair isnt all it is cracked up to be as i now have no friends due to hair envy and my wife left me for using all of her hair products

I can read pretty well, in fact I'm a writer and also offer proofreading as one of my services, hair not required for either skill set smile.png

No worries, the head is not an issue smile.png

As you have so much pride in your (new) hair, care to grace us with a little snap of this amazing mane? I may well start saving for one of my very own :)

Jones...

I can read pretty well, in fact I'm a writer and also proofread as one of my services, hair not required for either skill set smile.png

No worries, the head is not an issue smile.png

As you have so much pride in your (new) hair, care to grace us with a little snap of this amazing mane?

hmmm, well if you'd care to look back you will see that i was indeed quoting another poster. never mind nothing to lose ones hair over.

re. my 'new hair' - well it is in fact not new at all. the hair was always on my head and has simply been moved from where there was more than enough to areas which were lacking. so as i say it is not new at all. it is all mine i tell you - all mine smile.png

oops sorry almost forgot the pic. its not actually me but you get the idea :)

http://www.elvis.com/!userfiles/editor/images/About%20The%20King/elvis_Presley_Biography.jpg

of course not. nobody wants to look like a when they can improve themselfs.

"....... you'll attract a woman who really does love you, bald or not, money or not, popular or not. "

so in your ideal world - bald, skint, unpopular guys find women that really love them. hmmm, can you tell me which planet that is smile.png

oh, how about if the guy also has a club foot just for good measure :)

my wife has one leg longer than the other, met her on holiday, club foot 18-30..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

i was just reminiscing about England in the 70s when it wasn't so trendy to have a shaved head. people were more considerate of baldys. maybe some of the posters here remember the disco where they played all of the auld soul music and catered for balding men. the place was considerately named Wig-on Casino. Never seen a bald man in that place and nobody stared :)

i was just reminiscing about England in the 70s when it wasn't so trendy to have a shaved head. people were more considerate of baldys. maybe some of the posters here remember the disco where they played all of the auld soul music and catered for balding men. the place was considerately named Wig-on Casino. Never seen a bald man in that place and nobody stared :)

you've got to be at least 55 jonesy lad to av been going there.

i was just reminiscing about England in the 70s when it wasn't so trendy to have a shaved head. people were more considerate of baldys. maybe some of the posters here remember the disco where they played all of the auld soul music and catered for balding men. the place was considerately named Wig-on Casino. Never seen a bald man in that place and nobody stared smile.png

you've got to be at least 55 jonesy lad to av been going there.

you're in the ball park. those were the days. i had all my own hair in the right places and all my own teeth. then again im a great believer in growing old gracefully. yes, as gracefully as i can - which means repositioning of hair where ever possible, dental crowns and veneers when and where ever required, and the odd splash of restoria to maintain a youthfull colour.

gracefully :)

just to add. i've got absolutely nothing at all against baldy men. it is just i think that many of them look like giant babys and its not a look that i want to go for :)

dont mind the breast feedin bit..

I'm at that stage where my hair is getting thin on top

I'm now thinking about what I should do, sound crazy and stupid and if I had hair I'd be thinking who cares just go with what happens have it, don't have it, not matter

But in my situation I am thinking will I do something, I think not

When I saw this topic I was very interested in what was said here or where is a good place to go in Bkk

Of course it didn't turn out like this which I expected but still its been interesting

My wife doesn't careless about my hair and jokes about it as well as my kids, when they see hair ads they tell me I better go

Due to my job and myself esteem and who knows what else I feel I should do it but at the end of the day. I don't think it really matters. Of course I look after myself and are not out of shape or as someone said man boobs haha still look ok

But I will say I'm thinking about it and this topic did interest me

I just think its a personal decision that each person must decide for themselves

just to add. i've got absolutely nothing at all against baldy men. it is just i think that many of them look like giant babys and its not a look that i want to go for smile.png

dont mind the breast feedin bit..

yes, but think about the poor girls that look down to see some bald wrinkly pot bellied thing that resembles a giant baby suckling on the teat smile.png

Oh, re the poster saying the surgeon wanted to shave his head. that is the worst thing to do as the surgeon will always want to see your hair at a decent lenght so as to know which way to go with the implants. seems to me he was just making his job easy. lucky for the poster that it turned out ok.

I should add that my hair is as straight as it comes. If cut short it is like a tennis ball just straight up all over. So yes he was making his job easier, which is fine, but there's no direction to my hair, except maybe in the crown, but I had only the top front done. My sides are nice and thick.

I always remember a tv programe that i saw over 20 years ago ,it was about guys who were bald and they blamed everything that was wrong in their lives on it , if you are that unsure of yourself ,i am afraid nothing will help ,get hair and then blame something else . If your bald ,just live with it ,nobody but you notices or gives a flying fart,honest.

An interesting post though sadly for the OP not a single clinic has been recommended.....!

Instead the long debated money, good looks or just Mr. Nice guy.. what do Thai girls prefer..!

Well obviously the vast majority prefer Thai men. Hang in there coz there is a point to this...!

Thai men have, in general , dark hair and lots of it. They also speak Thai, if they have money they dress well..

Get my drift so far... Now let's look at the tiny percentage who try to have a farang bf/ husband/ provider...and ask why!?

So often I think the Mr. Nice guy was missing from their experience of Thai men.

So back to the OP,s dilemma ... My advice is adapt to the country you have chosen to live in without of course losing your own identity. So if a natural hair transplant works go for it , if money is an issue then budget and/or get more coz it is so often about survival for Thais,keep your weight reasonable, wash coz it's steaming hot , dress appropriately, learn some Thai ... and above all respect and love the country and the people whose country we have nearly all chosen to live in!

Archived