'Thai politicians threatening farmers'

webfact

Dr. Bruce

"The government will not be able to finish paying the farmers until after they are re-elected."

Are you an official Government spokes person now. We all had a suspicion that you are part of this bunch of thieves.

Sorry, I could have been clearer. Since the government decided to step down and renew it's mandate with the people of Thailand, it has been ham-strung by the anti-democratic groups. The government has been unable to transfer funds between departments and has been stopped from borrowing money to pay the farmers.

The EC has now said that they will allow elections in 3 months 9too long in my opinion0. When Thailand returns to democracy, the PTP will be able to pay the farmers.

I am,of course, not part of the government all opinions I state are my own.

The payment (or rather, non-payment) of debts related to the rice scheme predates the government's stepping down.

They could, and should have made arrangements for proper funds being available before going into care-taker status.

That is, unless they either don't have the money, or do not care.

The PDRC got nothing to do with the government being "ham-strung", nor does the EC. Being care-taker government implies certain well known limitations, doubtful that the PTP wasn't aware of them. The decision to step down was made by the government.

We agree.

It isn't the lack of liquidity, but lack of an approved budget. If payments are under an approved budget, lenders won't have a problem. The PTP didn't get budget approvals to repay the farmers before YL dissolved parliament. My guess is that it all would have been buried as part of the THB 2 trillion loan, once that budget was approved, but of course that didn't happen so the losses under the rice scheme became public and now lenders are having difficulty putting the cash up.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The problem is that for it to part of an approved budget there needs to be a justification - the scheme was losing money. The question is would any government be too keen to make that admission just prior to an election. My understanding is that at the time the government was saying that the scheme was working - guess that depends on your definitions of what success is.

• Like 2

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this the money that Suthep collected to give the Farmers?

Is this the 30M Baht he said he collected?

Or the 25 M Baht he gave to his friends the lawyers?

Suthep is not interested in helping the Farmers, he just wants to create as many problems for Yinluck and the PTP as possible.

Ya gotta be right doctor,Prbbk agees with you.

Is this the money that Suthep collected to give the Farmers?

Is this the 30M Baht he said he collected?

Or the 25 M Baht he gave to his friends the lawyers?

Suthep is not interested in helping the Farmers, he just wants to create as many problems for Yinluck and the PTP as possible.

Congratulations Dr. B on being the first one in this thread to attempt to defend these morons...although it was really quite a miserable attempt...!!

1. How does this have anything to do with Suthep, apart from the fact that he raised money to help the farmers through their difficult period?

2. Do you seriously believe that Yinluck (sic) and the PTP need any help in creating problems for themselves...?

You, dear Dr, will need to try a great deal harder than this...!!

I thought Dr.'s were supposed to be well educated. Ah well.....

Yeh,but like they say,there is always one.

I think the time has come for the democrats to front up to a general election. As soon as possible. If they cannot get the numbers now they never will. And whilst they are in government they can make all these changes they keep on about.

How is that related to the topic of this thread?

If you take your pacifiers off you will see. passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gi

The fact that these farmers are having to file lawsuits against the government just to collect the money they have already earned, and not been paid for, is a travesty. It means the Yingbat has lost their votes forever. Any why? Because she did not govern properly, and make provisions for the payments before she made the promises? What level of incompetence is requires to do something like this? What was the point exactly? What did this accomplish? What an exceptional lack of talent and ability she is demonstrating on a daily basis. Of course, with guys as simpleminded as Suthep trying to take her place, Thailand is left without a viable solution to this current mess. But, what she has done is beyond the pale.

Mrs tells me that farm leaders from here have been summonsed by police for blocking the road at Inburi during their protest.

So it seems the police are also getting in on the intimidation of farmers.

Your Mrs tells you so many things and we are just supposed to believe them?

Mrs tells me that farm leaders from here have been summonsed by police for blocking the road at Inburi during their protest.

Well, considering you "believe" that the government will pay the farmers.....

You believe the red BS, in fact you don't just believe it you spread it.

I believe her well before I would believe you.

She has contacts with the farmers for she and her group here who go out and help people, the elderly, those in trouble, took food and water to the farmers when they were protesting.