Chiang Mai Immigration 90 day report : POA needed and 1 at the time ?

Hello,

For past years we have smoothly always send someone from our office to do 90 days reports to all farangs at office which is around 30 now. Today CM immigration told us that we need power of attorney + we can only do 1 one a day!!! the POA is no problem as we can just make one template and get people to sign that whenever needed, but 1 at the time.... we normally do extensions and everything as many as possible at the time to avoid too many visits there.

Have anyone else heard about this? Could it be that it was bad day (Monday) and tomorrow you can do 10 at the time and no POA needed again??

Edit: one a day!

Edited by 0zz1

Agree with Torrens54 pretty much. Also hoping they will ban all these agents who have sprung up, who also like to come in with at least a dozen passports at once. I suspect that it is them that buy all the online slots from immigration, making it near impossible to ever get an online appointment. Of course I have absolutely no proof of this at all and its just a theory.

Don't see your problem. Presumably you have ONE Person fronting up to hand over the paper-work?

That being the case, your Rep is just like any of the rest of us, who take our Numbers and wait our turn to do a SINGLE Report.

Why should WE be inconvenienced and held-up while people such as yourself try to do "X-Number" of transactions?

I for one, applaud the move by CNX Immigration. Sorry "Ozz1" but welcome to the Real World, where ALL are Created Equal.

I will also be in contact with the Immigration Office, to congratulate them on this move and I urge ALL other fair-minded members to do the same.

We Stand in line and take our turn and don't need to suffer from Queue-Jumpers.

So you think sending 10 people from the office everyone carrying someone's else application is somehow better than one person doing them all. You do realise how small that immigration building is... its already over crowded and there are people doing more important stuff than our 90 reports, no need for us to take 5 sqm of that floor space when it can be done by one person.

Anyway I totally forgot there is mailing option so the problem is solved we want take even that space of 1 person =)

Maybe your office can change to mail-in reporting.

oh yes BINGO I totally forgot (or perhaps never knew) that there is this kind of option... the girls in our office are now looking into it and will not be seen at immigration dealing 90 reports any longer =)

Thank you Smokin Joe!

Chiang Mai immigration does accept mail-in 90 day reports from those who live a reasonable distance from the office. Just those who live a long, long way away.

I have to agree with the OP that it makes more sense for one person to come with the passports and paperwork for 30 people. That one person is likely to know what they're doing, to have everything in order. Much better than having 30 bodies show up in that small office. You just know that some of those 30 people aren't going to have the forms filled out correctly, aren't going to know where to go, are going to hold up the process for others.

Oh, Ozz1, I hope you're not just extending this service to the Caucasian foreigners in your office. Do you make the Japanese, Korean, Singaporeans do their own 90 day reports? You did say you offer it for the farangs. I hope it's for all the foreign employees.

Edited by NancyL

Don't see your problem. Presumably you have ONE Person fronting up to hand over the paper-work?

That being the case, your Rep is just like any of the rest of us, who take our Numbers and wait our turn to do a SINGLE Report.

Why should WE be inconvenienced and held-up while people such as yourself try to do "X-Number" of transactions?

I for one, applaud the move by CNX Immigration. Sorry "Ozz1" but welcome to the Real World, where ALL are Created Equal.

I will also be in contact with the Immigration Office, to congratulate them on this move and I urge ALL other fair-minded members to do the same.

We Stand in line and take our turn and don't need to suffer from Queue-Jumpers.

So you think sending 10 people from the office everyone carrying someone's else application is somehow better than one person doing them all. You do realise how small that immigration building is... its already over crowded and there are people doing more important stuff than our 90 reports, no need for us to take 5 sqm of that floor space when it can be done by one person.

Anyway I totally forgot there is mailing option so the problem is solved we want take even that space of 1 person =)

It sounds very strange that everyone in the office have the same date. And have to do it at exactly the same day!!!!