Pheu Thai Party wants a democratic election

webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now they want undemocratic elections with vote buying.

no need to buy votes with such a pathetic and undemocratic opposition party. no one in their right minds would be voting for Abhisits party.

would you like to come to my village in NE Thailand and get up on your soap box and say that

yes we are in the heart of Red Country

and times have changed

shame you still live in the past

I doubt he even lives in Thailand.

Where is his Red Comrade Boppe Amsterdam?

Edited by mrtoad

The democrats won't agree , they seem quite happy to hold the country hostage with every cheap trick in the book, including boycotting elections.

Charoen optics has a nice offer for cheap spectacles.

And I saw a shop selling cheap second hand hearing aids.

Maybe you are interested?

How can Pheu Thai ask for a democratic election when in the last sitting of Parliament these same people used other peoples voting cards to vote. The core place for democracy and they still stuff things up.

They would never know what " democratic" means, and their last 10 years, the way they have treated the people shows how shallow they all are.

BAYBOY.

no need to buy votes with such a pathetic and undemocratic opposition party. no one in their right minds would be voting for Abhisits party.

Everbody who doesn't want to accept cash for their vote and all those smarter and more knowledgeable than you will be voting for the Democrats

lucky your not leader of the opposition, many in the south would be sorely dissapointed

Yes maybe we could get you to run the Thai electoral system and have a Fascist Dictatorship errrr I mean a one party system.

If that's what they want, they should have it..

including UN observers and with any fact-finding about intimidation, corruption, vote buying, the should be banned from politics for life.

Under that conditions, they will have democratic and fair elections, but that's what they do not want, so Thailand will never get a free and fair election

Actually they'd be quite happy with this. From "The Economist", Dec 9, 2013:

"Mr Suthep’s motley crew of acolytes and cheerleaders try to argue that somehow all of Mr Thaksin’s victories (in the various party guises) have been “bought” and that voters have been “bribed” by the promise of lavish public spending, to help poor rice farmers for instance. But there is almost no evidence that any of these elections were systematically bought or rigged in anyway. Indeed, the last election, certainly, was very well conducted by comparison with other recent elections in the South-East Asian region. Indeed, when pressed, one of Mr Suthep’s main advisers admitted to me that despite all the alleged vote-buying (which he produced no evidence for) the result was still “legitimate”."

Many people claim that Thaksin's election and all elections since him were somehow bought, but these people never offer proof beyond something their wife told them or that they heard in a bar. These people are in denial; the Democrats will never win a majority in a fair election in Thailand because the Democrats only represent Bangkok. That's why Suthep is so keen on election "reform", they need to somehow disenfranchise the majority of Thailand's voters in order to be elected.

• Like 1

However, the Pheu Thai Party insists that the Democrat Party regard peoples opinions as important, by cooperating in the election process.

Do the PTP supporters in the north believe that Democrats opinions matter? When democrats attempt to have a rally in Lampang or Lumphun They are surrounded, speeches drowned out by trucks with loudspeaker systems. They are bombarded with stone, bricks, nuts, bolts and even potted plants. They have eggs , rotten food and human excrement thrown on or at them. I shouldn't have to say this, but judging by some of the responses to this article I will, That is not democracy. You folks that support it are, to say the least misguided. Reform before elections is paramount. I don't really care who wins as long as the country is not being led by a fugitive in exile or one of his proxies. Winning an election does not entitle you to cheat, lie, threaten, intimidate or move your entire family into positions of power. PTP would not recognize real democracy if it bit them. Thaksin has said that it isn't the end goal, what is?

Did the above violence and intimidation happen before or after Suthep's supporters used violence and intimidation to prevent candidates from registering and people from voting in the February election?

• Like 1

including UN observers and with any fact-finding about intimidation, corruption, vote buying, the should be banned from politics for life.

Under that conditions, they will have democratic and fair elections, but that's what they do not want, so Thailand will never get a free and fair election

The UN has all it can handle now. They would have to send ten's of thousands of people over here to observe the voting process to make sure it is on the up and up. Also to make sure their is no intimidation they would have to sent twice as many and they would have to be here for at least a month to make sure the red shirts do not intimidate the people. Not in my life time or your life time.

The PTP want an election with democratic principals. They should first look up the word democratic in the dictionary and they will soon sing a different toon.wai.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hey moonao, how about some constructed discussion, your one liner negatives are boring.

It has become clear to me that moonao knows nothing of politics, so I don't bother responding to him. It is like talking to a stubborn 4 year old in the middle of a tantrum.

If the Dems are so easy to push to one side in an election..

Why do the PTP

Offer double the money for rice. (people are still waiting for)

Offer a free ipad (people are still waiting for)

Offer 12,000 a month minimum wage for bachelor degree holders (people are still waiting for)

Offer up to 100,000 baht refund on first car tax (people are still waiting for)

Pay village chiefs lots of money in return for putting pressure on voters to vote PTP 'or else suffer a backlash'.

Openly pay 500 baht for votes in the swing areas.

Allow their red thugs to run a campaign of murder and terror in the region that contains 60% of the voter base to stop the Dems (no other party) from campaigning.

The Feb 2 election really showed the truth about the PTP popularity... they lost a third of their votes and none of their strongholds were disrupted... That means take away all those above advantages and factor in their massive loss of voter confidence, then the PTP will never in a million years win an election here based on merit alone.

The people are sick of them and even with all those advantages in 2011, they couldn't stop the Dems from getting 11.5 million votes.

All their lost votes between 2011 and 2014 will be just itching to vote Democrat... In a free and fair election the Dems will likely get double the votes the PTP will get now that everyone knows their populist policies don't work..... Not a single one.

So lets hope they man up and accept at least electoral reforms to include stiff penalties for repeat atrocities they have performed in the last few elections.

This time MAKE THEM ACCOUNTABLE!

Two things

1 Offer 12,000 a month minimum wage for bachelor degree holders (people are still waiting for)

I thought it was 15,000

2 Is there any way to block that wanttabe some thing other than brite like a 5 watt bulb and responses to him. He is a complete waste of time.

However, the Pheu Thai Party insists that the Democrat Party regard peoples opinions as important, by cooperating in the election process.

Do the PTP supporters in the north believe that Democrats opinions matter? When democrats attempt to have a rally in Lampang or Lumphun They are surrounded, speeches drowned out by trucks with loudspeaker systems. They are bombarded with stone, bricks, nuts, bolts and even potted plants. They have eggs , rotten food and human excrement thrown on or at them. I shouldn't have to say this, but judging by some of the responses to this article I will, That is not democracy. You folks that support it are, to say the least misguided. Reform before elections is paramount. I don't really care who wins as long as the country is not being led by a fugitive in exile or one of his proxies. Winning an election does not entitle you to cheat, lie, threaten, intimidate or move your entire family into positions of power. PTP would not recognize real democracy if it bit them. Thaksin has said that it isn't the end goal, what is?

Did the above violence and intimidation happen before or after Suthep's supporters used violence and intimidation to prevent candidates from registering and people from voting in the February election?

Take in to account where those incidents happened.

Check the tally against the areas where that didn't happen.

Even in areas where there was voting and no intimidation, PTP have failed to get even close to their last claimed majority of 48% ..... which isn't a majority btw.

No majority previously, less majority last time.

Where do they go from here?

I don't think they are liking Thailand, probably best if they just leave.

The UN has all it can handle now. They would have to send ten's of thousands of people over here to observe the voting process to make sure it is on the up and up. Also to make sure their is no intimidation they would have to sent twice as many and they would have to be here for at least a month to make sure the red shirts do not intimidate the people. Not in my life time or your life time.

The PTP want an election with democratic principals. They should first look up the word democratic in the dictionary and they will soon sing a different toon.wai.gif

Are you unaware that it was Suthep's people who prevented candidates from registering and people from voting in the February election?

• Like 1

Even in areas where there was voting and no intimidation, PTP have failed to get even close to their last claimed majority of 48% ..... which isn't a majority btw.

Don't want to answer the question so you're changing the subject. Suthep's supporters first used violence and intimidation where they had numbers on their side, and after they set the precedent some Redshirts did the same. I'm not defending the actions on either side, I'm pointing out that it occurred on both sides.

Don't want to answer the question so you're changing the subject. Suthep's supporters first used violence and intimidation where they had numbers on their side, and after they set the precedent some Redshirts did the same. I'm not defending the actions on either side, I'm pointing out that it occurred on both sides.

I did answer the question, your failure to see that is not my problem.

You are defending one side much more than the other, this is also your problem.

I did answer the question, your failure to see that is not my problem.

You are defending one side much more than the other, this is also your problem.

No, I re-read the question, studied your "answer", and it's not an answer. As far as someone being one sided--do you read your own posts?

However your inability to grasp the obvious is not my problem.

The democrats won't agree , they seem quite happy to hold the country hostage with every cheap trick in the book, including boycotting elections.

How is life in La La land my friend

while you are here in the real world I think you may just need to read what other have already written

So for you benifit I will repeat a prior post

The Thai People who are not sheep of a corrupt Government are aware of alleged corruption and abuses of authority by the current PTP Party

and the negative effects on the country associated with the influence of former prime minister Thakin Shinawatra.

In Jan 2014 the Election Commission (EC) had repeatedly stated it could not guarantee a fair election, but the Caretaker Government insisted on going ahead with it in a bid to whitewash its wrongdoings.

Was this a Democratic Election .............. No

Unless an election is fair, it can not be democratic.

Government supporters continued to threaten independent organisations, the people and political parties which opposed it. and the police fail to perform their duties.

Ms Yingluck had never called for the pro-government and red-shirt demonstrators to behave, suggesting that she supported the actions of these same redshirt demonstrators.

Thai People have witnessed red-shirt demonstrators threaten other party members without facing arrest.

The Democrat Party has also been threatened, many times if they want to campaign in Issan

During the 2005 general election, a political canvasser belonging to his party in Phichit province had been told to stop his campaigning.

When the threat was ignored, the canvasser was shot dead in front of his house three days before the election. Police have still not arrested any suspects

In 2014 things are even worse. Anti-government demonstrators were being ambushed on a main Hyway and no suspects had been arrested.

Under these circumstances, No other party but the PTP is safe to campaign for votes in the North East of Thailand

“The [Democrat] party conducted a survey of potential candidates nationwide and found that 80% had no safe place to campaign for votes, except those in the South, Bangkok and parts of the Central Plains.

So, is this a democratic Election, is it fair if only one political party can campaign for votes but others cannot,

so can you say again they want democratic elections

first you need to understand what the word means

Edited by tezzainoz
  • Like 2

As the February 2 election was nullified, the Democratic party would be perfectly free to boycott this election without any penalty.

Again, I'm pleased to see people looking beyond the spin and propaganda from both sides. The Dems "could" boycott again without penalty, although I hear they won't this time.

You'll also see a gradual increase in "splinter" parties, to help Thaksin form a "coalition" when PT is disbanded.

Some posters on here think the dems are as pure as the driven snow!

No corruption no bribes no vote buying no bullying or harassment,

Give me a break!

I don't think so, not so pure, you could well be correct, Your last 4 words made me smile. Which bone???thumbsup.gif

Funnily enough, this is the single issue that EVERBODY is agreed on (Suthep included). This is why they must wait until the circumstances are right for this to be achieved. Even July 2oth is way too early, so everyone must be patient as you simply can't rush these things as they are a very important step towards the way forward for Thailand.

Mr. Pokin said he will join the discussions with the election commission (EC) concerning the last election on 2nd February, and the elimination of obstructions to a future election.

So he wants to talk about the Feb 2 election, I didn't realize that was a subject up for discussion.

I wonder if he realizes that the main obstruction is the intimidation, bribery and obstruction of opposition parties campaigning carried out by his party and their supporters.

Probably not as it would seem to be a normal part of red democracy.

It would seem that usually PTP talk without engaging brain. They have their talking points that they just keep repeating until people start to believe it. After today's meeting I am sure they will complain that they were not able to talk about Feb 2 (or perhaps they will do noting but spend their minutes talking about Feb 2 and then complain that the election isn't being held in May/June!).

A democratic election in Isaan?North....not until all candidates have the opportunity to freely express their Policies/opinions without threats. killings/ harrassment.

A Democratic election where candidates are selected on their own merits and not selected on family connections or cronyism.

A democratic election where votes are freely made.( Not paid for)

• Like 2

please advise everyone in their right minds which party is Democratic.....it certainly isn't PTP or UDD

A democratic election in Isaan?North....not until all candidates have the opportunity to freely express their Policies/opinions without threats. killings/ harrassment.

A Democratic election where candidates are selected on their own merits and not selected on family connections or cronyism.

Add to that - a democratic election whereby irresponsible, uncosted and unaffordable policies are barred from appearing in parties manifestos.

The consequences of the PTP's populist scams has been too painful a burden for Thailand to bear and this should never be allowed to be repeated!!

Add to that - a democratic election whereby irresponsible, uncosted and unaffordable policies are barred from appearing in parties manifestos.

The consequences of the PTP's populist scams has been too painful a burden for Thailand to bear and this should never be allowed to be repeated!!

So flood defenses for a sinking city could not appear in the manifesto? Bye bye Bangkok.

Ahhh still stalking!

Which bone?

Sums it up!

You give yourself to much credit, nobody is stalking you. Or do you realy think you are so important with your red book remarks?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Some posters on here think the dems are as pure as the driven snow!

No corruption no bribes no vote buying no bullying or harassment,

Give me a break!

Isn't that what you think about the Reds ??? everyone is entitled to an opinion but it doesn't mean anyone is right. Facts are the truth !! Look at the facts with an open mind and the truth will be revealed.

So flood defenses for a sinking city could not appear in the manifesto? Bye bye Bangkok.

Hey Bruce!!! That IS NOT a populist policy is it!!

If you put 'saving Bangkok' as your headline policy then I doubt that this would garner a single Isaan vote, do you???

Please don't alter my post by highlighting what I said as this is against forum rules to do so.