Abhisit says election is not answer, warns of coup

webfact

"At this moment many think ... a smooth, problem-free election is an adequate solution," Abhisit Vejjajiva said at a press conference today. "But that is not the truth."

Excellent trolling. Absolutely no statements to support such a claim. Classic trolling.

"I want all sides to look at the events of 2006. The date of the election was already set, political parties already began vote canvassing, but it ended in a military coup,"

Abhisit really knows how to push PTP and UDD's buttons. He's telling the PTP (in its previous incarnation TRT) it was responsible for the 2006 coup and it there is another coup, the PTP and UDD's supporters clashing with Suthep and his groups will be the reason. He's also threatening negative consequences for PTP if they don't cooperate during the EC meeting. Yes, Abhisit is a world-class troll. I think it is good when K. Abhisit gives the PTP and UDD back a taste of what they are dishing out every day. Look at this forum: pro-government trolls outnumber anti-government troll 10 to 1. (Everyone can troll)

"I hope the discussion on 22 April will not see fights between different parties. The talk should be a discussion about the needs of every side, how to help the country move forward, without violence and coups."

Abhisit is good. He's implying that the only trouble-makers expected at the EC meeting will be the PTP government and then, after subtly accusing them of violence, threatens them with a coup if they don't appreciate. "the needs of every side". Whatever side you're on, you have to admit that Abhisit is one smart cookie.

"....threatens them with a coup if they don't appreciate "the needs of every side". Whatever side you're on, you have to admit that Abhisit is one smart cookie."

Where do you see a "threat with a coup"?

IMHO he certainly should be smart enough to know that a coup is not beneficial for Thailand.

It would not solve any of the root causes, only provide a last means of a disposed Clan trying to cling to power by claimimg undemocratic and unfair treatment to win sympathy, and then try stage a comeback in disguise later on. again.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a loser, still no solutions, just some mumbling about a "discussion".

whats he still doing in politics, he is doing more damage than good, besides shouldn't he be preparing his defense for the murder charges he is up against ?

Judging by the evidence I've seen there shouldn't be much to prepare besides I think you'll find the defence team does that. Mmaybe PTP should spend a bit of time making sure the army are investigated rather than shielding them.

He's a Thai politician why shouldn't he be in politics? He's in the country and hasn't got a jail term waiting for him so I don't see the problem. I think he's what's needed to hold a reasonable discussion because Suthep's done his bit and isn't up to the job of negotiating and Yingluck would have to be checking what to do all the time with her brother. Maybe he should join the discussions?

"At this moment many think ... a smooth, problem-free election is an adequate solution," Abhisit Vejjajiva said at a press conference today. "But that is not the truth."

Excellent trolling. Absolutely no statements to support such a claim. Classic trolling.

"I want all sides to look at the events of 2006. The date of the election was already set, political parties already began vote canvassing, but it ended in a military coup,"

Abhisit really knows how to push PTP and UDD's buttons. He's telling the PTP (in its previous incarnation TRT) it was responsible for the 2006 coup and it there is another coup, the PTP and UDD's supporters clashing with Suthep and his groups will be the reason. He's also threatening negative consequences for PTP if they don't cooperate during the EC meeting. Yes, Abhisit is a world-class troll. I think it is good when K. Abhisit gives the PTP and UDD back a taste of what they are dishing out every day. Look at this forum: pro-government trolls outnumber anti-government troll 10 to 1. (Everyone can troll)

"I hope the discussion on 22 April will not see fights between different parties. The talk should be a discussion about the needs of every side, how to help the country move forward, without violence and coups."

Abhisit is good. He's implying that the only trouble-makers expected at the EC meeting will be the PTP government and then, after subtly accusing them of violence, threatens them with a coup if they don't appreciate. "the needs of every side". Whatever side you're on, you have to admit that Abhisit is one smart cookie.

"....threatens them with a coup if they don't appreciate "the needs of every side". Whatever side you're on, you have to admit that Abhisit is one smart cookie."

IMHO he certainly should be smart enough to know that a coup is not beneficial for Thailand.

It would not solve any of the root causes, only provide a last means of a disposed Clan trying to cling to power by claimimg undemocratic and unfair treatment to win sympathy, and then try stage a comeback in disguise later on. again.

He didn't support the last coup so I doubt he'd support one now.

remember all the fuss about Obama's passport. Why was a Brit, Abhisit, allowed to be Premier? [if you say he denounced his British Citizenship, there is no such process] He is, still, a Brit.

Foreigners can't even own land in Thailand, but they can be the PM?

Abhisit says election is not answer, warns of coup.

Mr. Tom says: Abhisit is not the answer, warns of the so called "Democrats".

Do you think the democrats are

a) a good joke

B) a bad joke

c) no joke at all - they are a danger for democracy

Really? Perhaps you ought to check the embassy cables for 28th September 2006. You'll find that abhisit thought that General Sonthi wasn't a bad chap really but the evil Thaksin was more of a problem. Not too much of a stretch of the imagination for that viewpoint being just as valid now, as far as abhisit is concerned.

And yes, I know Sonthi was part of the coalition government, an expedient move, keep your friends close, your enemies closer and all that.

Edited by fab4

Abhisit says election is not answer, warns of coup.

Mr. Tom says: Abhisit is not the answer, warns of the so called "Democrats".

Do you think the democrats are

a) a good joke

cool.png a bad joke

c) no joke at all - they are a danger for democracy

That is easy to answer.

N O T A!!

Really? Perhaps you ought to check the embassy cables for 28th September 2006. You'll find that abhisit thought that General Sonthi wasn't a bad chap really but the evil Thaksin was more of a problem. Not too much of a stretch of the imagination for that viewpoint being just as valid now, as far as abhisit is concerned.

And yes, I know Sonthi was part of the coalition government, an expedient move, keep your friends close, your enemies closer and all that.

You are right with one thing i think, but I would go even further than you, and say that it does not require any imagination at all, to see that Mr T posed - and still poses - more problems for Thailand.

Only in Thailand would a supposedly major political party say that elections arnt the answer....... clearly they must believe, even after all this they still cannot win. coffee1.gif

Not exactly oozing confidence our Marky boy is he ? . ​

You know there seems to be quite a few posters dribbling of at the mouth about how an election would solve all the problems. But for the life of me how can electing the same crooks solve the problem they are still going to steal all your money.

The Government needs reform it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. Why a Foreigner would support this bunch of corrupt people is beyond me unless they themselves are involved in it and receiving special favors. I can think of no other reason. Well on second thought Thai Visa does seem to have a fair amount of Thai haters they might enjoy seeing the Thai's get it with out the grease.

See, that's the thing, with an election you get to choose who you vote for.

As the democrats didn't even bother to contest the last election (whatever you think of the validity or not of the CC's nullification of it) they disenfranchised their voters. So you don't have to vote for the "same crooks". What you need is an effective opposition partaking in an election to provide an alternative. It's plainly obvious abhisit is not the right person to make the dems electable (he has way too much negative baggage), obvious to everybody but him. Hence the whining about free and fair elections.

If ANFREL found the 2011 election free and fair (they did) what has he got to bleat about? It's the same people "organising" it so what's the difference this time, mmmm, let me guess. Perhaps he ought to have a word in sutheps shell like and tell him to lay of the anti democracy actions.

Reforms, more like loading the bases.

You are right with one thing i think, but I would go even further than you, and say that it does not require any imagination at all, to see that Mr T posed - and still poses - more problems for Thailand.

You're right it takes no imagination at all to think that.coffee1.gif

whats he still doing in politics, he is doing more damage than good, besides shouldn't he be preparing his defense for the murder charges he is up against ?

He is an idiot and for all you Thai's, a reason to send your kids to the US, is analyzing English books is not the same as analyzing real world situations.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

As usual in there with your hand high waving a flag saying look at me I know nothing. The Bangkok post actually said that all Shinawatra's will with draw from politics if justice is returned to the people. If all Shinawatra's withdraw from the government what about his paid stooge's?

If he with draws them also justice will automatically be returned to the people. In my opinion and not pointing fingers any one that thinks an election now with no changes will make every thing good is a complete idiot. Remember I am stating my opinion not pointing fingers.

My opinion stands if the Democrats or one of the small parties win it will still not solve the political situation in Thailand. The PTP has had control for abut 2 and 1/2 years and the only changes they have made harm the Thais. Higher family debt. Higher prices non payment to rice growers and new car buyers reduction in the teaching standards in the schools. For sure that has to end and the only way is to reform the government so it can not do things like that. Not going to happen with a Shinawatra and there extended family including the red shirts in the picture

Besides that I think Thaksin is looking for a way out and save face at the same time. He knows as things stand now he can not win.

"reduction in the teaching standards in the schools." Are you taking the p*ss? according to you in just 2 1/2 years the PTP has done this to schools,,, care to enlighten us just how and why? I have worked in the education system for almost 10 years so I know just how hard it can be to get teachers to change the way they do things,

Please if you could answer as I have asked this question before but still don't have an answer or maybe I missed it, Can Mark contest the next election as he did not vote in Feb 2 election and according to EC rules if a PM dose not vote they can not contest the next election,

(To any who may have answered this question please forgive me as I may have missed it)

I have worked in the education system for almost 10 years so I know just how hard it can be to get teachers to change the way they do things,

My point is that as far as I have heard the tablets have not helped a bit. I have yet to hear one positive thing for them.

In my personal opinion they should not be given until the equivalent of late 2nd grade or 3rd grade. Teach the kids to reason and use logic while they are young enough to learn it. I am by know means a professional but I do know that it takes a child's brain 7 years to mature. After that go ahead and teach them technology but first the ability to reason and use logic. This by rote crap sucks.

I will admit it did work to teach me the times tables up to the 12s. I think I was in the third grade then.

When I say I learned them by rote it was under my fathers watchful eye. Not just a school thing. There was no doubt about it when he got done I knew rheum and still do to this day many moons later.

As for Abhist read the boards you are one of the few still wondering every one else excepts it as a fact that he can run. Just not sure if he will run.

As a school teacher you should know that if he couldn't the PTP would be posting it all over every news outlet in Thailand. That is logic.

Oh the loser murderer on the waiting list in The Hague , argues that election will not be an answer , because he will lose as always.

The British man, with an illegal Thai citizenship, who lied to the whole country before taking an illegal post as PM, never elected, and before ordering the massacre of dozens of people who wanted democracy to be restored.

Abhisit warning of a coup or hoping for a coup ?

So he can take his illegal post again and start stealing and plundering the country together with his friends....After the 2006 coup, just look at what happened to Thailand in Transparency International ranking:one of the worst plunge in Thai history.And the same it happened in Reporters Without borders press freedom ranking and in the Freedomhouse political and human rights rankings.

Abhisit will always be a total loser and a very hated people inside and outside Thailand.

You perhaps might (but I doubt it) want to look at reality. Under Abhist the corruption had a slight decline. In affect it was a rocket soaring into the stratosphere that Abhist managed to stop. Of course as we all know the minute Thaksin got his hands back on the treasury the corruption took off again. Yes they are transparent about it now in fact it is corruption right in your face and if you don't like it a friendly red shirt will explain it to you.

As for Abhist getting elected what was the difference between the way he was elected and the way his predecessors were elected?

Answer zero nil no difference the same. If I am wrong please explain it to me. The house held a vote for all three leaders and the one who got the most votes was the winner the same as Yingluck.

If you can't understand that don't bother to reply it is a waste of time holding your hand through reality.

Oh the loser murderer on the waiting list in The Hague , argues that election will not be an answer , because he will lose as always.

The British man, with an illegal Thai citizenship, who lied to the whole country before taking an illegal post as PM, never elected, and before ordering the massacre of dozens of people who wanted democracy to be restored.

So he can take his illegal post again and start stealing and plundering the country together with his friends....After the 2006 coup, just look at what happened to Thailand in Transparency International ranking:one of the worst plunge in Thai history.And the same it happened in Reporters Without borders press freedom ranking and in the Freedomhouse political and human rights rankings.

Abhisit will always be a total loser and a very hated people inside and outside Thailand.

The tone of your post is quite disgusting, if you don't mind my saying so. But i guess when you look at it sober you will know this yourself?

It is obvious that Thailand has not developed as well as it should and could have with and since the 2006 coup, but let's do look at the Freedom of Press Index since you quote it.

Please see attached graph. post-156578-0-43508700-1398161022_thumb.

You explain the deteriorating freedom as a result of "Abhisit and his friends", but you left out the fact that Press Freedom deteriorated most drastically under Mr. T's tenure, well before the 2006 coup. Since then, IMHO, neither party has made genuine efforts to improve the situation. i guess it is not quite so easy and quick to return liberties, once they had been removed successfully.

But back to what you posted - is it worth checking if you quoted other rankings in a similarly selective and distorting manner?

Edited by fcbkk
  • Like 1

How does moonao post the first reply to so many posts?

he has the leadership skills of the Keystone Cops

not attending the EC meeting "for fear" although 50 other parties attend? passifier.gif of course AFTER saying he would go...

decrying Democracy

not taking part in elections because he would lose? he IS a LOSER and the Dems should jettison their "farang born pet" and find a decent, ethical LEADER

• Like 1

remember all the fuss about Obama's passport. Why was a Brit, Abhisit, allowed to be Premier? [if you say he denounced his British Citizenship, there is no such process] He is, still, a Brit.

Foreigners can't even own land in Thailand, but they can be the PM?

Please there is enough BS on this forum. Do some resurge before you post here. Abhisit is not British because he is born there. There are only 3 countries on the planet where you have automatic citizenship when you are born there. Check it out yourself.

You should watch Liverpool vs Milan 1995 Champions league final.

If you think a come-back by what you perceive as losers is impossible.... you might get a wake-up call.

You think he has no half-time soilutions, as a manager of his Dem party?

WHAT charges are applicable to big daddy in Dubai?... is he still preparing his defence against those?

Dream on buddy.... the impossible is more than possible..

A M E N !!!!!!!

without violence and coups."

Why would Abhisit even bring up the word 'coup' (as if it were a real possibility) if not to piss off the PTP?

The tone of your post is quite disgusting, if you don't mind my saying so. But i guess when you look at it sober you will know this yourself?

It is obvious that Thailand has not developed as well as it should and could have with and since the 2006 coup, but let's do look at the Freedom of Press Index since you quote it.

Please see attached graph. attachicon.gifFreePressIndex_Thailand.jpg

You explain the deteriorating freedom as a result of "Abhisit and his friends", but you left out the fact that Press Freedom deteriorated most drastically under Mr. T's tenure, well before the 2006 coup. Since then, IMHO, neither party has made genuine efforts to improve the situation. i guess it is not quite so easy and quick to return liberties, once they had been removed successfully.

But back to what you posted - is it worth checking if you quoted other rankings in a similarly selective and distorting manner?

" Human Rights Watch called Abhisit "the most prolific censor in recent Thai history" and Freedom House downgraded Thailand's rating of media freedom to "not free."

• Like 2

Quote name="northernjohn" post="7719566" timestamp="1398134386"]

Only in Thailand would a supposedly major political party say that elections arnt the answer....... clearly they must believe, even after all this they still cannot win. coffee1.gif

Not exactly oozing confidence our Marky boy is he ? . ​

You know there seems to be quite a few posters dribbling of at the mouth about how an election would solve all the problems. But for the life of me how can electing the same crooks solve the problem they are still going to steal all your money.

The Government needs reform it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. Why a Foreigner would support this bunch of corrupt people is beyond me unless they themselves are involved in it and receiving special favors. I can think of no other reason. Well on second thought Thai Visa does seem to have a fair amount of Thai haters they might enjoy seeing the Thai's get it with out the grease.

No it doesn't solve all the problems but it represents a movement forward, as opposed to so called reform which represents god knows how many steps backwards and sideways and ends up where.

In other words you have no idea. The situation as it has been under the PTP is perfectly OK to you. You can see no need to change any thing. 2.2 billion baht to be spent by the government with out any accounting for it is fine with you. Just let Thailand roll on under the thumb of one individual who is a convicted criminal and facing 15 other charges has placed himself in a self imposed exile rather than comply with the rule of law in Thailand which he is the leader of through bribery and nepotism. which says he must go to jail for two years.

This is all OK with you no reform needed. Carry on rob the Thai treasury at every opportunity. Cheat the rice farmers out of their money promise tax refunds for new cars to help congest the already over contested highways and then not pay them. Transfer a huge debt to the BOT that every other government has been able to pay and still operate. Promise tablets to every student then don't deliver. The ones who do finally receive them take a step back in learning with the inferior products . Have you noticed the PTP has not even tried to claim a higher quality of education with the ones who have received them. I can't recall a parent saying they were great their kids were really learning now. But I can recall quite a few saying they were useless.

But carry on all is good no reform needed and any one who says it is needed doesn't know about all the wondrous things the PTP have done for therm. Even to the point where they have to reject court decisions just to carry on with their wondrous deeds. Let us not forget the great water management scheme. You know where they just sit around a table having a drink and decide let's build a dam there. We are the government Thaksin is are leader and he has some cronies in Korea that will build it and make us a deal so we get a big kick back. We don't need any environmental studies or any thing like that we are the government we are the boss Thaksin OKed it.

Excuse me I have to go throw up.

No I don't know the exact outcome any more than you know the exact outcome of Suthep so called reforms.

What I do know, is that as long as you keep a democratic framework with a functioning legal system you have a chance to remove a politician.

Remove elections and put in a committee and you run a very big risk that elections are postponed for another year and another year and another year. And then its 5 years done and no elections.

You think Suthep is some safe port in the storm, I hope u arent disappointed.

I saw the headline and immediately knew it had to be Khaosod. Onpened the post, and lo and behold! No suprises there!

Even Khaosod can't colour Abhisit's words. They are just too carefully chosen. Abhisit is right. You can't enter an election under the current divisions and expect anything other than February 2 all over again. In a way, one has the naughty desire for Pheu Thai's supporters to get their wish and see what would happen in the event of an election where presumably the vote was not blocked. Do they not realize that Bangkok and the South would deliver strong " no " pluralities that would overwhelm local candidacies ? Forget a 95 % quorum. An 80 % quorum would be utterly out of reach. And what would their argument be then ? There is no escaping it - at the end of the day - Pheu Thai is going to have to sit down and talk. In other words, the last thing they like doing.

I am antagonistic toward Pheu Thai, I am not a Thai person. My wife comes from Isaan, and we have to send money to help my father in law and mother eat.

Their rice is rotting somewhere like this caretaker Government.

Over here in Australia and New Zealand we scream corruption if a parliamentary member gets a free bottle of Wine, or a tax payer trip overseas.

I just say ' you don't know how lucky we are'

Thanks for your contributions Scamper, we come back to Thailand next month. I wish the North East could see what is, and see that a Government policy of corruption is a bad vote.

It is good they did not get away with the Senate takeover or the two trillion baht loan to Thaksin.

Not sure if this chap understands how silly he sounds when he, as the the head of the Democratic party, says that elections are "not the answer"?

Maybe he should first frame the question, then offer a solution. Clearly not the best, nor the brightest, so much for the allure of an Old Etonian.

'' Power concedes nothing without a demand.

It never did and it never will.''
''Nobody in the world, nobody in history, has ever gotten their freedom by appealing to the moral sense of the people who were oppressing them.''

Ohhh Khun Abhisit is scared of losing again.

You lot are just so utterly boring that I am starting to feel sorry for you.

I am sure your problems are not insurmountable, maybe you should seek a course that specialises in promoting 'reality checks' as that would transform your lives and make you happier people!!

You don't have to admit your mistakes just realise that they are there, correct them and come over to our side - which is the sensible way.

Are you supposed to be the good cop?

Or are you just a hack voodoo practitioner.

The post is right out of Orwell. Which is to say you reveal a great deal about yourself. None of it positive.