Thailand's PWO reaffirms there is no rice missing from public warehouses

webfact

PWO reaffirms there is no rice missing from public warehouses

BANGKOK, 22 April 2014 (NNT) - The Public Warehouse Organization (PWO) has reaffirmed there was no pledged rice missing from the warehouse as the opposition has claimed.

PWO Director General Chanutpakorn Wongsrinil made the announcement after the agency’s investigating team reported its finding saying there was no sign of irregularity in the program.

The report indicated that the missing amount referred to by the opposition was actually kept as part of the secondary reserve at silos of private companies under the supervision of the PWO. It said the opposition’s misunderstanding might have stemmed from the fact that the amount of rice withdrawn for reserve exceeded the requested figure.

The Director General said however the finding was merely an initial investigation, and needed to be cross-checked by two more fact finding committees appointed by the PWO and the Commerce Ministry.

He also mentioned that the PWO officials involved in the unauthorized removal of pledged rice from the warehouse in Buriram Province would face a serious disciplinary action, possibly dismissal from service.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-22 footer_n.gif

All the rice silos should be opened up for full public and independent scrutiny. It will likely take a court order, but it will be an unavoidable part of the rice scheme investigation. The full story won't be known until a full and independent inventory is done. The public - and the farmers - deserve to have this information.

Its already been done, some months back now. RTP were tasked with it. I spoke to my towns chief cop about this and it was a frigging impossible task, or words to that effect. Have a look in a rice mill sometime.

No rice missing from government warehouses

4-22-2014-11-56-54-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Public Warehouse Organization (PWO) has confirmed no rice was missing from warehouses joining the government's rice pledging scheme as earlier accused by the opposition Democrat party.

PWO director general Chanutpakorn Wongsrinil’s confirmation came after its investigating team has reported no sign of irregularities in the scheme.

The team’s report indicated that the missing amount referred to by the opposition was actually kept as part of the secondary reserve at silos of private companies under the supervision of the PWO.

It said the opposition’s misunderstanding might have stemmed from the fact that the amount of rice withdrawn for reserve exceeded the requested figure.

The PWO chief said however the finding was merely an initial investigation, and needed to be cross-checked by two more fact finding committees appointed by the PWO and the Commerce Ministry.

He also stated that PWO officials involved in the unauthorized removal of pledged rice from the warehouse in Buriram Province would face a serious disciplinary action, possibly dismissal from service.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/rice-missing-government-warehouses/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-22

unauthorised removal and/or moving of rice, pleliminary figures only, waiting for two more commissions.

So, please hold your breath while we'll try to get you the final figures?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

All the rice silos should be opened up for full public and independent scrutiny. It will likely take a court order, but it will be an unavoidable part of the rice scheme investigation. The full story won't be known until a full and independent inventory is done. The public - and the farmers - deserve to have this information.

Agreed Scamper, The public and the farmers deserve better.

• Like 1

hahahahaha, they are investigsating themselves and they are claiming it is all ok, how about having it checked out by independant investigators but then that would show them all up as liars and as being corrupt. Yes they moved the rice away so they could sell it themsleves but will move it back now they have been caught out, again we see the corruption involved in this scheme in action, we need cout appointed inpectors to make sure of all the facts, not he word of the ptp appointed people and their teams.

• Like 2

It said the opposition’s misunderstanding might have stemmed from the fact that the amount of rice withdrawn for reserve exceeded the requested figure.

And there you have it! the admission that there is rice missing! whistling.gif

removed, can't be bothered any more with this.

Ever heard of forged/fake paperwork fab4?

Where's the supposed Dem MP cum Rice Expert when you need him? Don't you think he wouldn't be on this like a shot to check up on the paperwork? In the meantime, let's just chalk this up as yet more corruption not found in Rice Subsidy scheme. Anyway, that's it for me. I'll wait until the NACC comes up with something, I'm sure Vicha won't let the side down whistling.gif .

removed, can't be bothered any more with this.

Ever heard of forged/fake paperwork fab4?

Where's the supposed Dem MP cum Rice Expert when you need him? Don't you think he wouldn't be on this like a shot to check up on the paperwork? In the meantime, let's just chalk this up as yet more corruption not found in Rice Subsidy scheme. Anyway, that's it for me. I'll wait until the NACC comes up with something, I'm sure Vicha won't let the side down whistling.gif .

The Rice Expert aka Fryasean Boppe seems to be AWOL at the moment.The longer the better.

The best scam would have been to take the rice out of the warehouse (for free), sell it at world prices (or even retail). Then two years later buy rice at 6,000/ton (approx current price) and put it back - private rice silos! Free money for two years, a tidy profit with the sell/buy arbitrage. No lost rice. Oh yes, forgot the rice storage fees to be collected.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes, let's establish another independent agency to screw the pooch more. We'll call it the National Antic-corruption Rice Commission to be known as NARC for short.

Well, more Democrat charges of government corruption foiled again. Time to bring in the reliable anti-government NACC who will independently gather the facts to backup a predetermined charge of guilty. And it will only accept evidence and testimony from the Government that supports a guilty finding. Why confuse the charges with evidence that exonerates the defendents and just needlessly prolong the investigation?

• Like 1

Well, more Democrat charges of government corruption foiled again. Time to bring in the reliable anti-government NACC who will independently gather the facts to backup a predetermined charge of guilty. And it will only accept evidence and testimony from the Government that supports a guilty finding. Why confuse the charges with evidence that exonerates the defendents and just needlessly prolong the investigation?

Where do you think all that rice found out in the middle of nowhere came from?

Wouldn't be surprised if they found more rice at the recent dump fires popping up around Thailand.

Don't believe it for a second, PT just trying to cover up their crimes. Wait for the truth to come out...

The truth has come out, Suthep and the undemocratic forces of the UN-independant organisations have not bothered to look at the warehouses, they have just made it up. Will the NACC now leave Yinluck alone to win the next election and lead the great country onward to freedom from the old guard?

unauthorised removal and/or moving of rice, pleliminary figures only, waiting for two more commissions.

So, please hold your breath while we'll try to get you the final figures?

And yet the PWO can confidently state, ahead of the final-facts and despite admitting unauthorised removal, that nothing is missing ? cheesy.gif

In related news, the Easter Bunny is real, and Suthep is to blame for his non-appearance in Thailand this year ! tongue.png

PWO Director General Chanutpakorn Wongsrinil made the announcement after the agency’s investigating team reported its finding saying there was no sign of irregularity in the program.

General Chanutpakorn: I have made a thorough investigation of myself and my organization of any possible irregularities. I hereby declare that as PWO Director General I find no irregularites in myself and my orgnization. We are clean and pure as the driven snow.

(Psst, Somchai I am going to kick Buriram Province PWO officials asses for getting caught and making us look bad. Head up to Buriram and bring back every Baht that they got for that rice. My Benz payment is due).

• Like 1