2% of sexual orientation related hate crimes in the U.S. target straights

Jingthing

I led here with the focus on anti-straight hate crimes because even the 2 percent figure surprised me! I don't recall EVER hearing of a hate crime targeted at straights, not only in the U.S., but anywhere. I would actually like to see some news stories describing some of these crimes. Have you ever heard of such a hate crime against straights? Have you committed such a crime or know anyone who has? Using an anti-straight slur word doesn't count.

Of course the issue of hate crimes against sexual orientation minorities is something that is generally known to exist to varying degrees in all countries. In this U.S., this study showed a total of 19.7 percent of all hate crimes related to sexual orientation, and here is the further breakdown within that 19.7 percent.

http://priceonomics.com/how-americans-hate-each-other/

With 54% of all incidents, male homosexuals face the highest rates of hate-related crimes; 12% of crimes are motivated by an anti-lesbian bias, 3% are motivated by an anti-bisexual bias, and an additional 28% of homosexual crimes are not specified by sex.

Combined, 98% of sex-biased hate crimes target the gay community; only 2% target heterosexuals.